• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How many spaces do I need for a villager? I've reserved a space for a villager 2 back from the train tracks but I don't know if that villager will go into the spot or not, I've had a villager where I'm reserving the space but since then I added a PWP 6 places left from my reserved space & Retail is 5 spaces right from my reserved area. Then that villager which I had in that space left, Will it let me place a villager there anymore? I'm on phone so I can't add pictures sorry, Thank you!

How many spaces do I need for a villager? I've reserved a space for a villager 2 back from the train tracks but I don't know if that villager will go into the spot or not, I've had a villager where I'm reserving the space but since then I added a PWP 6 places left from my reserved space & Retail is 5 spaces right from my reserved area. Then that villager which I had in that space left, Will it let me place a villager there anymore? I'm on phone so I can't add pictures sorry, Thank you!

If youre talking about 6/5 spaces left and right from where you are standing, i think that should be enough, (assuming 5 spaces to the right is where retail's building/wall begins). Villager houses are 3x3, but you'll need about one space extra on the back,left and right sides of it (and about 2 at the front for the entrance)
Here's a guide here about PWP/villager house placement! http://angiestown.tumblr.com/post/91178481792/i-still-see-people-complaining-about-how-isabelle

Last edited:
If I buy a second cartridge, should it run as a second town just fine, or would I need to do some weird extra stuff to get two cartridges to act as two separate towns on the 3DS? I've been getting a lot of mixed stuff on that, some people seem to say that you need to use a digital copy and load it onto an SD card and all this other complicated stuff, other people seem to be just fine buying two copies of the game and switching between the two, and I don't know who to trust.

To re-emphasize, I'm trying to figure out if I can switch between the two towns on the SAME 3DS, I do not have a second 3DS. I also do know that I wouldn't be able to visit my first town as my second towns mayor or vice versa, but I don't want it for trading flowers back and forth or anything, I just really love villagers and want to have 10 more. I just want to make sure that both copies of the game would work as separate copies of New Leaf, and not just load my previous New Leaf files onto the other game, as I do not want to lose my current town, nor waste money on a second copy if it won't even work as a second town.

If I buy a second cartridge, should it run as a second town just fine, or would I need to do some weird extra stuff to get two cartridges to act as two separate towns on the 3DS? I've been getting a lot of mixed stuff on that, some people seem to say that you need to use a digital copy and load it onto an SD card and all this other complicated stuff, other people seem to be just fine buying two copies of the game and switching between the two, and I don't know who to trust.

To re-emphasize, I'm trying to figure out if I can switch between the two towns on the SAME 3DS, I do not have a second 3DS. I also do know that I wouldn't be able to visit my first town as my second towns mayor or vice versa, but I don't want it for trading flowers back and forth or anything, I just really love villagers and want to have 10 more. I just want to make sure that both copies of the game would work as separate copies of New Leaf, and not just load my previous New Leaf files onto the other game, as I do not want to lose my current town, nor waste money on a second copy if it won't even work as a second town.

I have two cartridges and only one 3DS, and they have functioned as completely separate towns without affecting each other in any way, so it should work the same way for you. For cartridges, all of the data is saved on the cartridge so it doesn't matter whether you play them on the same 3DS or separate ones (it's just more convenient to have 2 3DS's since you don't have to switch cartridges all the time and you can trade between the towns, but you don't have to have two systems).

I have two cartridges and only one 3DS, and they have functioned as completely separate towns without affecting each other in any way, so it should work the same way for you. For cartridges, all of the data is saved on the cartridge so it doesn't matter whether you play them on the same 3DS or separate ones (it's just more convenient to have 2 3DS's since you don't have to switch cartridges all the time and you can trade between the towns, but you don't have to have two systems).

Thank you!!

Anyone know of a way to catch a villager inside of their house? I want to check for Maple's originality since she's moving away soon but she's like, never home e-e

I tried TT'ing and waiting outside her house right before she wakes up but because normals wake at 6am, once the clock strikes 6 it teleports me back to my house and she's already outside ;;;

Anyone know of a way to catch a villager inside of their house? I want to check for Maple's originality since she's moving away soon but she's like, never home e-e

I tried TT'ing and waiting outside her house right before she wakes up but because normals wake at 6am, once the clock strikes 6 it teleports me back to my house and she's already outside ;;;

Save and quit. Log back on and it can change if they are outside or in. You might be unlucky and have to do it a few times, you may get it on your first

Are there any good sites for planning where you want to put furniture in your house? I'm tired of moving furniture around my house and I'd like to just be able to design my house and put stuff down.

Are there any good sites for planning where you want to put furniture in your house? I'm tired of moving furniture around my house and I'd like to just be able to design my house and put stuff down.

idk any websites but i have achhd which i use sometimes to plan my house lol

Villagers moving away soon are almost always outside because the game wants to give you a chance to stop them.
Even if you've already givin them the OK to move they sometimes still do this.
It is possible to catch them inside, but it isn't that common.

If I move out my secondary character, can I then delete my save file and move him into a new town? I know you can move him into a new game on a separate cartridge, but I was hoping I could start a new town but not be starting completely from scratch. It'd suck to lose all these millions of bells.

If I move out my secondary character, can I then delete my save file and move him into a new town? I know you can move him into a new game on a separate cartridge, but I was hoping I could start a new town but not be starting completely from scratch. It'd suck to lose all these millions of bells.

No. If you want a new town, you have to delete all of the characters. You could have someone hold your bells for you if that is the biggest issue.

Theoretically, according to this page:http://angiestown.tumblr.com/post/91178481792/i-still-see-people-complaining-about-how-isabelle I should be able to place a villager's house here in this pic: HNI_0089.JPG (On the left is a river and the right is Alfonso's house. The water tiles indicate the house planned).
HNI_0090.JPG

However, it's been an hour I've plot reset and I'm not having any good luck. Is it because the acre of land is at its limit, or does the villager house need more space than what I've thought?

Last edited:
Theoretically, according to this page:http://angiestown.tumblr.com/post/91178481792/i-still-see-people-complaining-about-how-isabelle I should be able to place a villager's house here in this pic:View attachment 171061 (On the left is a river and the right is Alfonso's house. The water tiles indicate the house planned).
View attachment 171063

However, it's been an hour I've plot reset and I'm not having any good luck. Is it because the acre of land is at its limit, or does the villager house need more space than what I've thought?

your plot is completely fine, don't worry.
however, an hour of plot resetting is absolutely nothing. You should become truly frustrated when it reaches 150 or something. Just have more patience! c:

I'm new in the game so sorry if I ask noob questions:

1- How do I make my bathtub or other furniture look like this?
ksPONoe.jpg

2- What other furniture besides tables can I put stuff on? For example I read you can place stuff on the classic bookcase.

Last edited:
I'm new in the game so sorry if I ask noob questions:

1- How do I make my bathtub or other furniture look like this?
ksPONoe.jpg

2- How do I use qr patterns for changing some furniture appearence?
1. Go to Cyrus and click suggestions and there we go wait 39 minutes
2. Sane but click using a custom design (if you can only work on fabric)

Hey, a few months ago, one of my favourite villagers, Moose, moved out. I know that the way to get back villagers you lost is the 16 villager cycle, but does that mean you can't buy them/invite them off other people? Because I love Moose, but I get too easily attached to villagers to be able to likely be successful with a 16 villager cycle....

Hey, a few months ago, one of my favourite villagers, Moose, moved out. I know that the way to get back villagers you lost is the 16 villager cycle, but does that mean you can't buy them/invite them off other people? Because I love Moose, but I get too easily attached to villagers to be able to likely be successful with a 16 villager cycle....

After you do the 16 villager cycle, you should be able to get Moose back from anyone. If you don't, then no, you can't get Moose back due to the game still being able to store that particular villager's data. If you want to try it though, here's the link to a guide.

Last edited:
Back