• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

No. Gracie only has items on sale at the end of each season and when they appear has nothing to do with Nook's sales.

Aw darn! I was so hopeful. Also, I hate how condescending she is when you ask for price and then decide not to buy! Like, I get it. But come on, Gracie!

Aw darn! I was so hopeful. Also, I hate how condescending she is when you ask for price and then decide not to buy! Like, I get it. But come on, Gracie!

Shes also the only person who doesnt greet you when you walk into her store :p

Lately I've been doing the whole 'swim out as far as you can with empty pockets, wait for villagers to ping you with PWPs' thing and it's been working out for the most part. However, sometimes villagers ping me to give me an item or say they want to move out. I can't ignore the pings in case someone wants to suggest a PWP! But whenever someone wants to move out, and I want them to move out, it seems that it doesn't matter whether I choose 'stay or go'. Is there a way around this or am I just stuck with these villagers I don't want if I talk to them when they ping me?

Lately I've been doing the whole 'swim out as far as you can with empty pockets, wait for villagers to ping you with PWPs' thing and it's been working out for the most part. However, sometimes villagers ping me to give me an item or say they want to move out. I can't ignore the pings in case someone wants to suggest a PWP! But whenever someone wants to move out, and I want them to move out, it seems that it doesn't matter whether I choose 'stay or go'. Is there a way around this or am I just stuck with these villagers I don't want if I talk to them when they ping me?

Hmm. I'm not sure I understand 100% correctly.
If you're saying you want the villagers to move out, then you should be able to just tell them to leave and they'll go away on teh date they say the will.

If you just want them to stop pinging you about moving, theres not much you can do about that =/

If they ping you to move and you say yes but they decide not to move, it means your friendship level with them might be too low and it's making them not want to move. You'll have to work on building your friendship level.

Also, for the pwp you don't want empty pockets, as villagers will try and sell you things. Go with a pocket full of flowers (they don't buy those) and a low number of bells (under 1,000). This eliminates villagers trying to buy and sell with you. This way your pings will be a little bit more limited, though you can't stop pings for greetings, move-outs, or wanting house item suggestions.

Here's a quick question. Is it possible for one villager to go into boxes and another one to plot their move in on the same day? Or would the move-in be delayed until the villager in boxes has left (the following day)?

If they ping you to move and you say yes but they decide not to move, it means your friendship level with them might be too low and it's making them not want to move. You'll have to work on building your friendship level.

Also, for the pwp you don't want empty pockets, as villagers will try and sell you things. Go with a pocket full of flowers (they don't buy those) and a low number of bells (under 1,000). This eliminates villagers trying to buy and sell with you. This way your pings will be a little bit more limited, though you can't stop pings for greetings, move-outs, or wanting house item suggestions.

Really? Thanks! I always figured if I just ignored them forever they would leave haha

How many days does it take for a villager to ask to leave after you decline a diffrent one from leaving?

How many days does it take for a villager to ask to leave after you decline a diffrent one from leaving?

Another one could ask as soon as the next day or it could take over a week for another one to ask. But at least if you deny a moving request, you are safe for the next 5 days at least, so you don't have to check every day.

Here's a quick question. Is it possible for one villager to go into boxes and another one to plot their move in on the same day? Or would the move-in be delayed until the villager in boxes has left (the following day)?
That's certainly possible when you have less than 10 villagers. If it's your 10th villager that's in boxes though, the new villager can't put down their plot until the next day, when the villager in boxes has completely moved out.

i have a plot resetting question. so if somebody decides to place furniture throughout all of their town, would villagers still plot their house in any spot or will they plot at a place that is far away from furniture items?

also, can it be more than just furniture items? can i place stuff like clothing or medicine as well?

i have a plot resetting question. so if somebody decides to place furniture throughout all of their town, would villagers still plot their house in any spot or will they plot at a place that is far away from furniture items?

also, can it be more than just furniture items? can i place stuff like clothing or medicine as well?

Putting down items doesn't affect plot resetting. The only thing that would block a villager from moving into a spot are PWPs. They can plot right on top of furniture, clothes, etc.

It's just random. It doesn't happen all that often since you can't really talk to villagers when they're sitting which is kind of annoying.

Guess my mom is just super lucky then. She constantly has villagers just hanging out.

Putting down items doesn't affect plot resetting. The only thing that would block a villager from moving into a spot are PWPs. They can plot right on top of furniture, clothes, etc.

ehh I would say this isn't 100% true. I do it every time and it definitely makes it less likely for them to plot over furniture items, especially if your polie station is full.

Blah sorry Im double posting D:
In my cycle town I had Dotty in boxes. I invited her from my main town.

Then Genji moved into my cycle town. I changed my mind and wanted to invite Genji instead.
So now that Genji is in boxes I keep asking him but he won't ask me to move into my town.
Ive never had him before, I have 9 villagers, and Dotty still hasn't plotted in my town. whats preventing him from moving?

i've invited two villagers on the same day before and it worked. the 2nd villager invited overrides the first so that can't be the reason why, I dont think.

I'm new to the game, and I've been reading guides to help my understanding of it.

But, I have a question regarding the Dream Suite. I realize it's suggested by Isabelle, and I even read that you have to catch her when she's sleeping for it to be suggested. I've tried to trigger this response from her, and I've had my Town for well over a week. I don't know how to, I've even tried going when it would be night in my time zone to see if maybe she'd be sleeping at that time or something, but nothing. I have no clue and I'm so lost as to how I unlock the Dream Suite. Is it just random and I have to keep going back to Town Hall to maybe eventually see her sleeping?

I'm new to the game, and I've been reading guides to help my understanding of it.

But, I have a question regarding the Dream Suite. I realize it's suggested by Isabelle, and I even read that you have to catch her when she's sleeping for it to be suggested. I've tried to trigger this response from her, and I've had my Town for well over a week. I don't know how to, I've even tried going when it would be night in my time zone to see if maybe she'd be sleeping at that time or something, but nothing. I have no clue and I'm so lost as to how I unlock the Dream Suite. Is it just random and I have to keep going back to Town Hall to maybe eventually see her sleeping?

To get dream suite you need this:

It's been at least 7 days since you've unlocked public works
You've completed at least one public works project
You've connected to wifi at least once

Back