• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

My in-game clock is about a week ahead of my DS clock. I want to plot reset for a villager that's moving in tomorrow. Since you can't change the time when creating a new character, could I set the DS clock ahead by one day to move the in-game clock ahead by one day? Or would setting the DS clock to tomorrow's date set the in-game clock to tomorrow's date back from where it is now? I don't want to jump far back like that.

Or is there a way to change the time on a new character/TT a day in the future without having to load up an existing character?

Last edited:
My in-game clock is about a week ahead of my DS clock. I want to plot reset for a villager that's moving in tomorrow. Since you can't change the time when creating a new character, could I set the DS clock ahead by one day to move the in-game clock ahead by one day? Or would setting the DS clock to tomorrow's date set the in-game clock to tomorrow's date back from where it is now? I don't want to jump far back like that.

Or is there a way to change the time on a new character/TT a day in the future without having to load up an existing character?
You can set the in-game clock to 5:58 am with an existing character, save and quit, wait a few minutes until it rolls past 6, then start a new character :) I'm not sure how changing the 3DS time affects the game time if they're not already synced.

this might be an odd question, and this might not be the place. But I am looking to catalog items. What board would that go under? :/

I've met all the criteria to unlock the Dream Suite (in fact, today Katrina was in my town and told me that a "sleeping salon" would be opening up, and the fortune would definitely would "come true" if I wore a hat, so I ran around the entire day with a hat on; so far, with no result to show for it).

However, Isabelle NEVER SEEMS TO SLEEP. It's driving me crazy, because I'm 10 days in, have completed two PWPs, and connected to the wi-fi to visit towns. Yet, every time I check town hall, she's always wide awake behind the desk.

Do I need to actually open my own gates? Is there a time when she's known to be sleeping?
This is seriously frustrating the heck outta me. What do I need to do? Help, please!

How is it possible for me to "freeze time" so that it doesn't count as a day? If its night should I TT to day?

How is it possible for me to "freeze time" so that it doesn't count as a day? If its night should I TT to day?

Yep! Just time travel a few hours back. The only thing you need to watch for is that you do not go past 6 a.m. on either the current date or the following day. Animal Crossing days begin at 6 a.m., and going past that point counts as a day passing.

Also depending on how late you are, make absolutely sure of your "destination" time if you are traveling around 12 a.m since lots of people forget to check the day and end up making mistakes here. For example, if you are at 12:12 a.m. 6/27, you may accidentally choose to time travel to 4 p.m. 6/27, which is going forward past 6 a.m, whereas you really want to go a few hours back to 4 p.m. 6/26 in the previous day. Just be careful so you don't make any silly mistakes.

I've met all the criteria to unlock the Dream Suite (in fact, today Katrina was in my town and told me that a "sleeping salon" would be opening up, and the fortune would definitely would "come true" if I wore a hat, so I ran around the entire day with a hat on; so far, with no result to show for it).

However, Isabelle NEVER SEEMS TO SLEEP. It's driving me crazy, because I'm 10 days in, have completed two PWPs, and connected to the wi-fi to visit towns. Yet, every time I check town hall, she's always wide awake behind the desk.

Do I need to actually open my own gates? Is there a time when she's known to be sleeping?
This is seriously frustrating the heck outta me. What do I need to do? Help, please!

Katrina's fortunes have no bearing on what's going on besides your lucky item for the day. Anything she refers to in her fortune is just flavor text.

Have you been mayor for 10 days or did you start the game 10 days ago? I believe the counter starts when you have the 100% approval rating and the PWPs unlocked. You also shouldn't need to open your gates; I unlocked my Dream Suite just by visiting one person. Either way, the amount of time that it takes for these things to happen usually vary somewhat between players. Just be patient, keep checking in with Isabelle, and give it a few more days.

Last edited:
I found a rare treestump when i chopped down a tree. I wanted to move said tree over one space, but I can't now? should I dig up this stump or keep it cause its special?

I found a rare treestump when i chopped down a tree. I wanted to move said tree over one space, but I can't now? should I dig up this stump or keep it cause its special?

If you leave the rare tree stump pattern as it is, it has a chance of spawning mushrooms even though it's not mushroom season. They also have the chance of spawning rare mushrooms like the Famous Mushroom and the Rare Mushroom if you have Perfect Town. Besides that and the novelty of having a rare stump pattern, it just depends on which is more important to you.

You should try to get your hands on some Silver Axes, since those are guaranteed to produce rare tree stump patterns every time. I'd recommend making the first two chops with a regular/Golden axe, and the third chop with the Silver Axe. Doing it this way helps preserve the Silver Axe, but it also guarantees you a rare stump patten. You can always just leave the stump there for now until you find some Silver Axes, then just redo the area with the tree where you want it to be unless the stumps location is really bothering you.

Last edited:
If you leave the rare tree stump pattern as it is, it has a chance of spawning mushrooms even though it's not mushroom season. They also have the chance of spawning rare mushrooms like the Famous Mushroom and the Rare Mushroom if you have Perfect Town. Besides that and the novelty of having a rare stump pattern, it just depends on which is more important to you.

You should try to get your hands on some Silver Axes, since those are guaranteed to produce rare tree stump patterns every time. I'd recommend making the first two chops with a regular/Golden axe, and the third chop with the Silver Axe. Doing it this way helps preserve the Silver Axe, but it also guarantees you a rare stump patten. You can always just leave the stump there for now until you find some Silver Axes, then just redo the area with the tree where you want it to be unless the stumps location is really bothering you.

I have silver axes. Thats what I used on this one, not thinking i'd get a rare stump. so it makes one each time? thats unfortunate. I wanted to just chop and replant, not get stumps. oh well. maybe Leif has a normal one.

Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
I have silver axes. Thats what I used on this one, not thinking i'd get a rare stump. so it makes one each time? thats unfortunate. I wanted to just chop and replant, not get stumps. oh well. maybe Leif has a normal one.

Thanks for the answer.

Ah, okay! You should save the Silver Axe for when you want to make rare stumps, then. Unlike the other Silver tools, Silver Axes aren't really an upgrade to the normal axe. I believe that they are slightly more durable, but since they're so rare, most people just use them to get rare stumps. Regular and Golden axes have a slight chance of getting rare stumps (the Golden moreso, I believe).

I'd just dig it up and landscape on, then. You'll have plenty of time to figure out where you'd like some stumps with rare patterns. As long as you try to preserve the Silver Axe, you should be able to make lots of them later.

Ah, okay! You should save the Silver Axe for when you want to make rare stumps, then. Unlike the other Silver tools, Silver Axes aren't really an upgrade to the normal axe. I believe that they are slightly more durable, but since they're so rare, most people just use them to get rare stumps. Regular and Golden axes have a slight chance of getting rare stumps (the Golden moreso, I believe).

I'd just dig it up and landscape on, then. You'll have plenty of time to figure out where you'd like some stumps with rare patterns. As long as you try to preserve the Silver Axe, you should be able to make lots of them later.

I decided to work around it :) thanks though, so now I wont waste my silver axes. Shame Leif let me down by not having a normal one today lol. Oh well, the trees can wait.

Thanks again.

Here's an odd question; is there a list of bugs/fish unavailable in multiplayer somewhere? I wanted to know if I could Time Travel in my other game and be able to catch everything in that town instead of my own!

Last edited:
Here's an odd question; is there a list of bugs/fish unavailable in multiplayer somewhere? I wanted to know if I could Time Travel in my other game and be able to catch everything in that town instead of my own!
I don't know of one, but off the top of my head I know regular bees, scorpions, and tarantulas can't spawn in multiplayer sessions.

What exactly is town-resetting? Do you completely get rid of everything in your town and start fresh? Or do you keep the buildings in certain places? I'm very confused!

Back