• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I sold one of my Sahara exclusive wallpapers by mistake, will she ever give me it again?

Dumb question, but to unlock all the Nookling stores, do you need to spend the amount required collectively at all Nookling stores, or just the previous one?

By that I mean, to unlock the Emporium you need to spend 100,000 bells - do you need to spend those bells at just T.I.Y., or does the amount you have spent at all the Nookling Stores carry over or something?

do streetlights [the ones that look rustic, like heatlamps on telephone poles] count as 'bad' PWP?
i can't get perfect town despite being good, and she says there's garbage and weeds? there aren't any of those around... i even asked leif to weed and he said i don't have any!

If so, I have never seen any reported cases of it. Corruption most often involves interrupting the game when it is saving. Doing the reset trick does not interrupt saving by definition.

Dumb question, but to unlock all the Nookling stores, do you need to spend the amount required collectively at all Nookling stores, or just the previous one?

By that I mean, to unlock the Emporium you need to spend 100,000 bells - do you need to spend those bells at just T.I.Y., or does the amount you have spent at all the Nookling Stores carry over or something?

It doesn't carry over, so you'd have to spend 100k at the TIY.

Hey so I plan on Plot resetting for Kid Cat. I haven't logged into my mayor, but he's supposed to be setting his plot up today. If I were to TT back to yesterday and get on my mayor before the day he plans to move in would I be free to build a PWP or set up a new house? I want to block him out of putting down his house in certain spots so that I don't waste so much time resetting. I have 2 characters set up right now and I would love to make a new character and put down a house to block his path.

Hey so I plan on Plot resetting for Kid Cat. I haven't logged into my mayor, but he's supposed to be setting his plot up today. If I were to TT back to yesterday and get on my mayor before the day he plans to move in would I be free to build a PWP or set up a new house? I want to block him out of putting down his house in certain spots so that I don't waste so much time resetting. I have 2 characters set up right now and I would love to make a new character and put down a house to block his path.
He'd have placed his plot if you TT back to tomorrow, so unfortunately you'll have to reset for possibly a while.

If i press 'recreate town' and start again, and look through the different town layouts, will i still be able to turn the game off and go back to my regular town? Or does the game automatically save before the point where it shows you the town maps?

i just want to look through some different towns and see if it's worth resetting or not, but i haven't made up my mind, haha. Help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance :)

No. It'll be wiped out before you can do anything else. You just need to decide if you really want to restart and do it. If you don't like the first four layouts Rover gives, you can always keep resetting until you get a town layout you like.

Hey guys, tried to search the forums for a solution but I couldn't find one. I was wondering if shrubs or growing trees count towards the number of trees in your town for a perfect rating? I currently have just enough trees to maintain it, but I want to remove some as they're in bad areas, but I don't know if I should wait until the saplings I've planted are fully grown. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to the AC series!

EDIT: Sorry, another question while I'm here; I'm also finding when I shake trees that are near my path and they drop bells, the bells disappear when they land on the pattern. Is this the case with fruits, furniture, beehives, anything else that falls from trees, or just bells?

Last edited:
Everything. You can't drop anything on a pattern, either. And, if you shoot down a balloon over a pattern, it'll disappear (unless there is a nearby open patch of grass it can jump to).

Back