Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Will a villager you invited to your town via amiibo card ping to move out naturally or do you have to force them out with another amiibo card?

It depends. If your town is full of villagers that you've gotten from scanning the cards, they will ping to move out like usual. But if it's a mixed of randoms, invited/adopted and scanned, the game would normally prioritize the scanned villagers to stay. They might ping but it rarely happens and you have to be patient.

It depends. If your town is full of villagers that you've gotten from scanning the cards, they will ping to move out like usual. But if it's a mixed of randoms, invited/adopted and scanned, the game would normally prioritize the scanned villagers to stay. They might ping but it rarely happens and you have to be patient.

Okay, that's alright. I used an amiibo card to move out a villager whose house was in a bad spot, but I want that villager to move out as well eventually, so I just wanted to make sure that at some point I might get a ping from them to move.

I heard somewhere that if you move in a villager via Amiibo Card, that they move into the old plot of the villager you boot out (Like if you currently have 10 villagers in your town right now)

I have a villager who wants me to bury a time capsule. I've done this a few times before, but every time I unbury the capsule after 2-3 weeks, I always seem to get clothes as my reward. Can I get anything else for a time capsule, or will it always be the clothing that the villager put in the capsule?

I heard somewhere that if you move in a villager via Amiibo Card, that they move into the old plot of the villager you boot out (Like if you currently have 10 villagers in your town right now)

They could move in the same spot or move elsewhere. It's still pretty random.

I have a villager who wants me to bury a time capsule. I've done this a few times before, but every time I unbury the capsule after 2-3 weeks, I always seem to get clothes as my reward. Can I get anything else for a time capsule, or will it always be the clothing that the villager put in the capsule?

I'm not entirely sure but based from what I've noticed, they're always clothing.

They could move in the same spot or move elsewhere. It's still pretty random.

I'm not entirely sure but based from what I've noticed, they're always clothing.

Ah I see!
I hope I just get lucky and have them move into the old spot because I am not looking forward to re-landscaping the new houses lol :p

Say, does anyone know if Nintendo Zones are still giving presents? I came back after hiatus (my wifi isnt good enough for presents anymore D: ) and want to know before I hit up a Best Buy and ask questions and receive a lot of clueless looks. ^^;

Hello! I Streetpassed someone for the first time recently, even though I've owned ACNL since 2013.

I know I had ACNL in my system at the time, but does the other person have to? If I walk around with my DS, will it work if I have my ACNL game inside my DS, but not playing? (Just on the home screen, in standby mode) Or do I have to actually be playing it?

Hope that's not too confusing.

Hello! I Streetpassed someone for the first time recently, even though I've owned ACNL since 2013.

I know I had ACNL in my system at the time, but does the other person have to? If I walk around with my DS, will it work if I have my ACNL game inside my DS, but not playing? (Just on the home screen, in standby mode) Or do I have to actually be playing it?

Hope that's not too confusing.
You don't need to be playing the game to streetpass. Just have your system on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I have someone moving out and still have a space open. Can I move someone in?

You don't need to be playing the game to streetpass. Just have your system on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I have someone moving out and still have a space open. Can I move someone in?

If let's say you have nine villagers and someone is moving out, yes you could still invite someone in :)

Last edited:
I see many guides on this forum about earning TBT bells. What are most people spending these on? I don't understand the purpose of this currency.

I see many guides on this forum about earning TBT bells. What are most people spending these on? I don't understand the purpose of this currency.

There's a shop where you can spend tbt bells (in the bar at the top of the page). Name changes and enhanced signature privileges and such, but also the collectibles you see to the left below the avatar and all that.

Last edited:
Hi. So I've wi-fied about once in this game, and I was curious about a rule that some hosts set up, which is to not speak to the other villagers in their respective town. What harm does this cause exactly? Should I protect my villagers with this rule?

Hi. So I've wi-fied about once in this game, and I was curious about a rule that some hosts set up, which is to not speak to the other villagers in their respective town. What harm does this cause exactly? Should I protect my villagers with this rule?
Most people do it because sometimes villagers will ping just to tell you about the guest you had over. That can be a pain when trying to do the diving trick for pwp pings or moving pings.

I have a villager moving out today in my main town and a villager in my void in my secondary. My two towns Streetpassed with one another a few days ago, and to my knowledge, the voided villager will be moving to my main town tomorrow, but I don't want that. Can I still clear my void, or is it too late?

Last edited:
I have a villager moving out today in my main town and a villager in my void in my secondary. My two towns Streetpassed with one another and to my knowledge, the voided villager will be moving to my main town tomorrow, but I don't want that. Can I still clear my void, or is it too late?

Can you plot reset tomorrow before loading your mayor file? Maybe you can prevent the voided villager moving in that way.

Can you plot reset tomorrow before loading your mayor file? Maybe you can prevent the voided villager moving in that way.

Yea, I think I can do that! Will picking a new character always guarantee a plotted house, though? And if it does, are there any other ways to prevent them from plotting?

Last edited:
Yea, I think I can do that! Will picking a new character always guarantee a plotted house, though? And if it does, are there any other ways to prevent them from plotting?

Tbh, I haven't experienced getting a voided villager myself but I like to think that they work the same way as random move-ins plotting in your town (when you're down to eight or nine villagers) so it's still not guaranteed that you'll get them from void. To be sure, I'll probably do plot resetting so you could have several chances to check if there'd be a plot or won't get any (in this case, you can save your game permanently after) instead of just loading it straight.

Back