Aside from the release itself, what are you looking forward to most?

I can’t wait to experience the updated villager AI. I love all the villagers and their adorable/silly dialogues.

I'm looking forward to seeing what villagers I will get and what their dialogue will be like, outdoor furniture, the soundtrack, skintones in the character customization, new furniture, and exploring the higher tiers in my town!

being able to place items outside! there seems to be endless possibilities when it comes to decorations, I just found out today that I will be getting a switch/the game this friday so I haven't had time to think of a name for my town or anything lol

Villager interactions! I want to see new dialogue and the upcoming events and holidays! :blush:

My starting villagers! Agnes and Jay are my fave uchi and jock so they'd be ideal, but I'm not too picky about villagers

My starting villagers! Agnes and Jay are my fave uchi and jock so they'd be ideal, but I'm not too picky about villagers

Oh my god I love Agnes! She has a simple design which I usually don't prefer but something about her is just so cute. c:

i really enjoyed the planning aspect in new leaf so with all these new abilities we get in new horizon, i'm definitely get soooo hyped!! and tbh, i really miss being attach to a game like animal crossing. i haven't played in a while, but i'm hoping that i get just as fond of new horizon!

Skin tone options!
I'm still ecstatic over the fact that I have the option to choose a darker skin tone instead of tanning for it~
me too!!!

I am also (in general) very much looking forward to customizing my character!!

The updated villager AI is probably my favorite thing. I love that villagers will be reading, cleaning, chasing bugs, etc. instead of just standing vacantly and waiting for you to interact with them

all the new stuff- outdoor furniture, terraforming, new villagers, new outlook on the game, etc., pretty much what everyone else said too

but i'm also crazy excited for this forum to liven up again :') i remember when i first started new leaf, the forum was pretty alive and it wasn't hard to find new friends, trade/buy what i wanted, and i'm excited for that community feeling to come back again :)

I'm obsessed with how the graphics look. I cannot wait to see my favorite villagers in the new style. I also miss breeding flowers; my town on nl has pretty much every type of rose, and most other flowers. I love starting from nothing and building up. I'm hyped over all of the new options and additions that are going to be revolutionary in ac gameplay.

honestly, i miss the whole notion of fishing and catching bugs. i haven’t played ac for like,, 2 years now and i really miss the basics. i know pc had some sort of fishing/bug catching but tapping a screen really just isn’t the same :c

Starting fresh, falling in love with new villagers, decorating OUTSIDE, and the overall enhanced environments. With all this stress going on, now is the perfect time to lose myself in a new town/island <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

honestly, i miss the whole notion of fishing and catching bugs. i haven’t played ac for like,, 2 years now and i really miss the basics. i know pc had some sort of fishing/bug catching but tapping a screen really just isn’t the same :c

Yes this too! I miss the basics, the slow lovely basics. Just doing this in a town that feels like yours in itself is so exciting.

Terraforming. I let people's opinions about what makes a good map or not get to me and it ultimately led me to abandon New Leaf because I was always frustrated with them. I don't have to worry about that this time. Something might inconvenience me for a little while, but now I have the ability to make my island just want I want and not worry about other people's opinions.

Last edited:
There are too many things to name, but without sounding too edgy, I am just most excited to have something to look forward to and be excited about!
I have not been so happy about something for so long. :)

For some reason I especially look forward to designing couch cushions. Don't ask me why. It just feels like something I must do.

Planting bushes and diving for deep sea creatures ... oh wait ...

There is so much to be excited about! I have been spending most of my waking hours unable to think about nothing else but new horizons being released soon. I think I’m most excited about customisation and decorating outside!

Back