Are you still happy with...? PART 4: Your native flower

How do you feel about your native and sister flower?

• I like my native and sister flowers and wouldn't change them

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • I like my native flower, but would change my sister flower

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • I like my sister flower, but would change my native flower

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I would change both my native and sister flowers

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters

SummerHime

Citizen of Time
Bells
Switch
1062-1772-1342
VH2BWuv.png

Since a lot of people have been living on their island for six months, I'm making a series of polls to see how many are still satisfied with their island! I will be covering things that cannot be changed unless you reset the game. Here is a short analysis of the results so far:

Link to this poll
Blue seems to be the most popular airport color, with red being the least. An overwhelming majority of voters consider themselves satisfied with their airport color. Overall, people with yellow airports are more likely to want to change their color than those who have another color. Let's hope Tom Nook eventually gives us other options, like pink, purple or brown!
Link to this poll
Few voters have south & west river mouths, but those people seem to be the most satisfied with their river placement. The most popular river mouth position seems to be south & east. Overall, people with double south river are more likely to want to change to another layout, but then, most people are satisfied with their river mouths and have learned to work around them.
Link to this poll
Peaches seem to be the most popular native fruit, with oranges and cherries following closely behind. Apples are also fairly popular, while pears retain their reputation as one of the least appreciated fruit. As a matter of fact, nearly half of voters who have pear as their native fruit would rather change it, while those who have other fruits seem to be mostly happy with them.

Next up is native flower!

While native flowers do not make that much of a difference once you've collected all the other types, it's still a nice addition to the game. There are eight types of base flowers in the game: cosmos, hyacinth, lily, mum, pansy, rose, tulip, and windflower. At the beginning of the game, you can find your native flower on the cliffs of your island. Only your native and sister flowers can be found on mystery islands, so you will be seeing a lot of them if you like to travel! Back when the game first came out, you could sometimes end up on a mystery island with an hybrid version of your flowers, which could really help with breeding!

Let us know what flowers you got, and how you feel about them!

Curious about what your native flower could have been? Have a look at these charts from the Animal Crossing fandom wiki. Your native flower can be one of the three or four available flowers during your birth month, while your sister flower is determined by your starting month.

Northern Hemisphere
U4dTsFL.jpg

Southern Hemisphere
p5GYY62.jpg

My birth month being november so I could have gotten either rose, pansy, cosmos or mum as my native flower. I got cosmos, which is a little disappointing since I don't really like them as much as the other flowers. Roses and mums are my favorite, and knowing I had a 50% chance of getting either one of those makes it worse 😂 As for my sister flower, I'm very happy with hyacinths. It makes a nice break from seeing cosmos on mystery islands.

Back when the hybrid mystery islands were still available, I stumbled upon a rare cosmos island and stuffed my pockets with orange and pink cosmos. I felt like I had found a treasure! Then, I realised cosmoses are actually pretty easy to breed, which made me want roses as my native flower even more! Now that I have all available flowers, this story makes me smile.

What about you?​

I had no idea it was based on your birth month/hemisphere! Omg!! Mind blown!!!

My native flowers are roses and my sister flowers are cosmos. I love roses and the fact they produce the most hybrids, so I wouldn’t change my native flower. But, I would’ve loved hyacinths or windflowers as my sister flower (but according to the chart that would be impossible 😥)

My native flower is Windflower which I’m not too bummed about but I would of preferred Hyacinths
While my sister flower is Lilies and I hate lilies 😅 however looking at the chart it would of been impossible for me to get a sister flower I liked

I didn't know sister flowers were a thing so I have no clue what mine is! My foggy memory (and that chart) tells me it may have been tulips. I do love tulips so if I remember correctly then I definitely have no qualms with it.

I do know my native flowers are roses and it doesn't bother me but they are my second least favorite flower in the game. In a perfect world I would have had pansies or windflowers. Even though I don't much care for my roses I still have some of them around my top layer, mainly for nostalgic reasons.​

My native flower is the cosmos. I do like them a lot, perhaps because they always seem easy to breed to me, so I had a bunch of hybrid flowers and different colours cheering up my town in no time. Cosmos also comes in quite a good range of colors: white, red, yellow, pink, orange, black.

My sister flower is the windflower. I don't like them as much, their design and muted colors don't really speak to me. And it was hard figuring out which flowers breed with which because the starting colors aren't red, white and yellow but red, white and orange. So the 'usual' quick way of breeding red+yellow for orange flowers and red+white for pink flowers doesn't work for windflowers, and it took me an online guide to find out how to breed better. The most interesting color windflower is the purple one, it's one of the brightest purples in the game but sadly, really hard to breed.

If I could've chosen, I'd have picked tulips as my sister flower, because they are much easier to quickly breed into colorful arrangements than windflowers. Then again, this was my island a few weeks into the game:
EUmjFXwU4AMOUe1.jpg
EjBQL8-UMAAWQQl.jpg

Needless to say I succeeded in breeding a lot of colors very easily, so it wasn't a big deal that the sister flower was windflowers.

I honestly don't remember what my native flower is (mums maybe?) but my sister flower is roses which I'm pretty happy with. I wasn't actually aware native flowers were an actual thing until a few days into the game so it never really bothered me all that much. i've managed to breed pretty much all the flowers I want, so there's no real significance for me

My native is windflowers and my sister flower is hyacinth. I am happy with them. They wouldn't have been the ones I would choose, but I have every flower in abundance at this point I feel it doesn't matter.

My native is windflowers and my sister flower is tulips. I also found a mystery island with pink, black, and orange tulips once and I filled my pockets with them. Before I had online and before Leif was added to the game, I was upset that I couldn’t find roses. Now though I have all the flowers so I don’t care what my native flower is.

At this point it really doesn't matter since flowers are easy to buy from Nook's and Leif. I do wish I hadn't let the flowers get out of control, though. 😅 I barely have any empty grass.

I got roses as my native flower and tulips as my sister. I can't imagine a lot of people would dislike having roses as their native, and I certainly don't mind. Having tulips as my sister made it easier to get purple tulips back when there were hybrid mystery islands, but I think if I had to pick, I'd make either hyacinths, cosmos or pansies my sister flower. Ultimately it doesn't matter anyway, but I do hardly anything with tulips these days and I'd like to be able to carry some other flower 24/7.

I'm not entirely sure which was which at this point, but the native flower and sister flower were the pansy and windflower. At this point I don't think it matters too much since, whether through my own efforts or through purchasing some from other users (particularly blue roses, purple mums, and green mums), I've managed to acquire basically every type of hybrid flower over the past few months. The only flowers I haven't yet acquired in New Horizons are the gold roses and lily of the valley/Jacob's Ladder.

Neither are my favorite of the in-game flowers, those being roses and hyacinths, but neither are least favorites either. I like both pansies and windflowers well enough. For all the reasons stated, then, I think I'll vote for "I like my native and sister flowers and wouldn't change them."

I had lilies as my native flower, then tulips for my sister flower. I was never a fan of lilies and cosmos. But since I have all types of flowers on my island, I don't really mind anymore.

Personally i don't give a frik because they're so easy to change but early on in the game i didn't like either of them (pansies as native and tulips as sister).

Okay, this is where I am most dissatisfied with my selections on both of my islands. While I really like the hyacinths of Arctin and wouldn’t change em, pansies are my sister flower. Those are my second least favorite flower, so that was disappointing...

...Speaking of least favorite flower, I got those (cosmos) as my native for Evwirt, with pansies as my sister flower. Just my luck. At least I can remove all of them from my island (which I did REALLY early on).

I didn’t know your native flower was based on your birth month and hemisphere 🤯

My native flower is tulips and I believe my sister flower is hyacinths. I’m happy with them, probably would’ve been fine with any type.

My island's native flower is the windflower. I love it! The big flouncy petals are very attractive. They look like the type of flower a fairy would look for when she needs a place to rest for a little while.

Tulips are my sister flowers. Very cute, and a complete contrast to the windflowers, I feel.

My native flower is the tulip. My sister flower is the tulip. Tulips are fine as a native flower but I would prefer to change my sister flower to roses. It would've helped me get blue roses without trading.

I got roses as my native flower and I quite like them! c: I think I'd maybe change my sister flower though, since I don't really like windflowers >< I'd prefer hyacinths, since I use those a lot on my island.

These have been a lot of fun! 😁

Mums are my native flower, which I initially thought I liked as they were new and added to the deserted island vibe. They have since developed into my least favorite next to cosmos. Tulips are my sister flower and I still love them.

I'll remove all the mums and just pretend windflowers or hyacinths are my native flower. 👀 Would like to do something that celebrates this (e.g.: central garden of native flowers only).

Back