Are you looking forward to Nintendo Switch Sports?

TurnipBell20

forever 90s ❤️
Bells
I personally am looking forward to it, eventhough it’s not quiet what I expected from a game following up the Wii Sports series.

Here’s what I don’t like:
- I don’t like the new Miis which are called „sportsmates“. Their proportions seem off and the customization possibilities are very limited comparing them to the original Miis.
- I expected a comeback of Wuhu Island. Instead the sports take place in some random new town.
- Some of the sports I liked the most do not make a comeback (at least not yet). I spent most of my time playing basketball and island flyover in Wii Sports Resort. These sports are not in the new game along with multiple others that the majority of the players liked.
- The choice of sports that are in the game is kind of odd. Tennis and badminton in one game? I also don’t like that soccer is in there.

I am looking forward to the game though because the Wii Sports series finally returns. And I am hopeful they will add more sports and other things later.

What do you think?

In a way, yes. I'm hoping they'll add more than golf in future updates because having only six sports to choose from at launch is a bit paltry. The original always only had five, but it's justified, because it was to showcase the then-novel motion controls to a large number of people outside play-testing and conferences.

I'm not sure if we'll get playable Miis, this time. If we do, it would've been nice to at least show that they still exist. Miis need to be in games that aren't originally on the 3DS.

no, since it's not playable on the lite. don't make an alternate console if sequels to iconic titles aren't compatible. it's dumb. i can be more understanding of just dance (although a DDR mode for the directional pad would be cool) since it has a longer title history that's always been made for the wii, but nintendo made switch sports with full knowledge that the lite is out there and incredibly popular, and a button prompt mode isn't a zany idea to think of to make the game more accessible. (since that would also give disabled people an easier way to play.) only drawback would be that you could only play online with other lite users or not at all. instead, your only options are to not play the game at all or spend money on joycons and play on your tiny little screen from across the room or blow £200+ on a regular switch you'll only need for this one game and maybe, like, two others. lame.

i was excited. after finding out this though, as a lite user, not anymore. most of the good sports (island flyover, wakeboarding and frisbee, off the top of my head) aren't included anyway.

Probably not. I do have the Wii original and I also agree it's dumb that they just make it for regular Switches, at least produce some control you can use with Lites?

I do have a regular Switch as of now, but yeah.

Not really, sports don't interest me much outside of a select few, and its only watching (normally in anime form, lol). And I don't really have the room in my tiny bedroom to play it.

I will buy it when they finally finish updates and I can call it a complete game. At this point the word update just means finish it later 😭

I’m not. I’m more into the sports games with actual teams, like Madden or NHL games. Nintendo isn’t the best company when it comes to sports games. I guess it could be fun for someone looking for something different, but I definitely wouldn’t get any sports games on a Nintendo console. This is the main reason that I switched over to XBOX. It’s much better for the games I’m interested in.

I enjoyed Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I won't get it right away, but I'll get it in the near future after it releases.

it was the only game announced during the recent direct that i was excited for... until i found out that it’s not compatible with the switch lite. it looks very fun and i’m bummed that i won’t get to try out bowling or volleyball, but i’m not willing to buy a regular switch just to play it. 😪

I did have wii sports and I did enjoy it but I am not really a sports person haha so when it is out I may watch a few youtube videos of the gameplay too see what its like cause it might be a good game to have for when friends come over.

Not really to be honest. Sure I liked Wii Sports back in the day but I was like 10. I'm also not really much of a sports person. It looks fun for people that are into that kind of game but I do find the lack of sports concerning. I know they plan on adding golf at a later date (golf is probably one of my favourites from Wii Sports) but I believe they need to add several more sports on top of that to really be worth it.

I might grab this game in a couple years down the road if they end up adding a lot to it post release and I find it at a discount. Full price and at launch though? Nah, I'd rather pass and spend that on games I actually really do want at launch.

yes and no. i said no because i don't think i'd buy it with my own money, but i also said yes because im happy to see the series return. i REALLY don't like those new avatars they used, in the direct miis were used too but it showed a lot more of the new avatars. i don't understand why they have to replace miis, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

A little. But I was a tad disappointed when I found out that we will not be having actual miis. :/

No interest whatsoever since I don't like having to use the Joy-Cons for anything. If I was really feeling the urge to play this sort of thing, I'd just throw Wii Sports into my Wii. I also wouldn't spend money on this or Wii Sports (which isn't a knock on their quality, I just prioritize other games), but Wii Sports was complimentary with the purchase of the Wii so that was cool.

Regardless, I will agree that it's a shame that they aren't utilizing Miis. After the Switch version of Miitopia had such an awesome creative suite allowing for so many possibilities, I wish it was possible to use them in more games.

Last edited:
Back