• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you in love? 💖💞

Are you in love? 💞

• I am in love

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I have been in love, but I'm not currently

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • I've never been in love

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • I'm not interested in finding love

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
I wish there was the right someone for me who has the same interests.

If there is I haven’t seen him or bumped into him yet

Last edited:
Big downer content in the spoiler below. I'm in a pretty bad mood as I type this, so be prepared if you're wanting to read it:

I've mentioned it before elsewhere on here, but I've never officially dated anyone ever, and I'm a straight male. At this point in my 24-year old life, the fact that I have no real life friends around my age to regularly talk to, combined with my dead-end jobs (that don't bring in enough income to have me move out of my parents' house and into a decent place), lack of motivation, and insanely out-of-the-ordinary interests all lead up to the conclusion that I'll probably never experience dating a woman. I've tried the popular dating apps, and they essentially make me feel like a total loser who is required to waste money on stuff that barely works. Those that look at me in public never give me a second glance, and thus I feel like a big fat loner who doesn't want to feel rejection.

I've had a few chances back in High School that could've lead to something more. Unfortunately, I only focused on the "out-of-leaguers" who were gorgeous and were nice to me, but never more than just through side talks in class. There were definitely women that I would have realistically talked to more frequently, but I regrettably put them aside in favor of the "good-looking" ones. They weren't bad looking either. Some were actually cute, but I suppose when I looked at their friend groups, I couldn't muster the courage to fit in with them. I don't really focus on who's in what friend group these days (unless they're genuinely bad people), as I'm pretty much desperate for new real life friends to talk to.

The closest I ever got with someone was with a foreign exchange student who already had a boyfriend back in her home country. Classmates kept persuading me to talk to her more, but I made up lame excuses that she's only here temporarily and that she already had a boyfriend elsewhere. The good news, however, is that we went to prom together. It was a fun time. However, shortly before that, she started dating someone else in the school, which made me want to smash my head against the wall for how stupid I was to let that happen. The main reason why she went to prom with me and not him was because that guy only wanted to be with his friends, and essentially allowed me to have the night with her. After graduation, she went back to her home country, and we never spoke again. I feel like a complete fool for letting opportunities like that get away from me so easily, and now I have to pay the price of living a boring life.

I'm also beginning to think that the few friends I still have in real life don't want to talk to me anymore. All of them were originally from High School, as I never made a single friend or met any interesting woman in my brief college tenure (which was a train wreck of a failure). Most of my co-workers since my first job, Little Caesars, are middle-aged or elderly as well. The last time I saw one of my closer friends randomly in public, it looked like they were in a rush to get away from me. In the Snapchat group chat we're in, several friends left about a month or two ago, and now I don't think we'll be getting together for a New Year's party at this rate. This all started happening after my closest friend had his girlfriend randomly break up with him last spring after six years. He wasn't quite the same after that, and I believe that was the root cause of the decline of our friend group as a whole.

Anywho, as much as I want to find someone that shares some of my big interests (such as rock music, cars, gaming, Animal Crossing, etc.), they're few and far between. I'm highly guilty of being a "lookist", as I seem to only become attracted to those whose appearances I like. This probably stems from my OCD, as one little thing that looks slightly off to some is enough to make me complain endlessly until fixed. I get it; you can't change facial features easily, and I'm not trying to shame anyone on here that has things they can't change. In fact, looking at real life photos of forum users on the internet makes me uncomfortable, regardless of how well I know them. It's just a habit I can't get rid of.

So, I'm getting by slowly. The opportunities don't come as often anymore, and all I'm doing is committing to working for money, writing things for TBT, and growing my digital media library. I don't know what else to do.

No, and probably never will, tbh. Whenever a dude would flirt with me in the past it would go straight over my head. I've never regretted missing the signals though.

no and it’s better that im not. it’s not my main priority and i don’t exactly know what i want in a relationship anyway. i don’t mean to go all deep on y’all but i can’t fathom why anyone would like me in that manner either.

some people know they absolutely want to date/have a partner/get married but it’s just a little side quest for me if that makes any sense at all. it doesn’t absolutely need to happen in my life and im okay with that. i may be young but i just feel like there’s a lot of emphasis on s*x in a relationship and im not interested in that at all.

Last edited:
I am stealing @-Lumi-'s answer but I'm in love with her! It's interesting looking back on that thread from all those years ago. I would've been 16 when I said I don't think I had actually been in love yet and I think that was true, I wasn't in love until I met my girlfriend. I'd always been really enamored with people and fell a little bit in love with lots of people I met, but not in a romantic way. Not to say I didn't have romantic feelings before because I did! But my girlfriend is the only person I've loved in this way without restraint. I used to feel bad about my sexuality whenever I'd have feelings for others but she makes me feel so lucky that I get to love her and I look forward to it every day.

I am Asexual Aromantic to real people, so no, I have never been in love with anyone...real. But I crush on/fall in love with fictional characters all the time. Yes, I am a self-shipper. 💕 🌹

seeing this after a breakup kinda hurts !!!!

but yes i’ve been in love before, i don’t regret my past relationships. but right now idk what i want anymore! i think i need to take some time to myself for a pretty long time before i wanna get into another relationship (if i ever do) i haven’t been alone for a long time. it would’ve been my 2 year anniversary on dec 6th but we broke up just a week before 🥲

If I'm still in love, it's with someone that I shouldn't be in love with anymore. I learned that quite vividly the summer before last. Alas, I fall for people only once in a blue moon, and thus it is also very hard for me to get over those that I fall for.

I've only truly fallen for two people. The first was my former best friend and it was a long and painful ordeal of which at one point we were dating, but then that ended and the rest of that story is complicated. But now neither of us speak to each other, and it's been that way for 8 years now. Sad story, very sad story. We had a lot of chemistry, as they say. The second, was a pipe dream. I knew that all along, but I can't help who I fall so deeply for.

*sigh* Hopefully I'll have more luck in New England.

I'm not currently in love with anyone, no.

I feel like I've had crushes before, but I've always been horribly shy so nothing ever developed from those feelings. This is also pretty confusing because, like, a majority of the time I'm not interested in anyone that way and am not attracted to any body parts or anything. I've figured I'm maybe gray-asexual or something for a number of years now, but maybe there's some more accurate term that I haven't come across yet.

I like the idea of being in a relationship with someone in the future, as I would appreciate the companionship and want to be loved and give my love in return, but I also feel that I would be content if it never happens. I feel as though I've been coming out of my shell in the past couple years or so and probably becoming a bit more charismatic and interesting than before (not being egotistical, I've always been pretty unsociable and boring), so hey, maybe someday.

no and it’s better that im not. it’s not my main priority and i don’t exactly know what i want in a relationship anyway. i don’t mean to go all deep on y’all but i can’t fathom why anyone would like me in that manner either.

some people know they absolutely want to date/have a partner/get married but it’s just a little side quest for me if that makes any sense at all. it doesn’t absolutely need to happen in my life and im okay with that. i may be young but i just feel like there’s a lot of emphasis on s*x in a relationship and im not interested in that at all.
Yeah it's good to focus on yourself before you go looking for a relationship. So many chase into one because of the concept itself. I used to know two people at work who were going to get married, but broke it off when the wedding was being planned. Neither seemed to want to stop and think if that was really what they wanted.

Social expectations and the concept and not the person misguided them. When I had my first job during the summers after school, I was going around to construction sites as a helper. There were so many married men in that field who talked horribly about their spouses and or kids. At the time I always thought it was their way of weirdly joking, but now I realize they just got married too young and too stupid and weren't doing it for the right reasons. Their advice was always don't get married. And not it's not that. It's don't let people decide for you that you need to be in a relationship or married because that's what society wants you to do.

I've been in love before, but my last relationship of 9 years really drained me after a series of betrayals. I'm not sure how I'm going to trust someone again, but I hope it happens.

Yes, I am in love with my husband who I talked about in the 'Would You Like to Get Married' thread. We have been married 17 years and together for 20 years. I feel so lucky to have found the perfect human being for me to spend the rest of my life with. Just today he said that when we got married he didn't think it was possible to love me anymore than he already did, but his love for me has grown with each passing day and he never could have imagined loving me this much. He makes me feel loved and appreciated every day and I am forever grateful to have him by my side. 💗

I am! I've been with my partner for just about 5 years now and we're very happy. Not married, because both of us have some personal traumas (and some experiences w/ gender roles) that make it something we're not in a hurry to do, but we live together, have a dog together, pay rent/bills, split groceries, share household chores, etc. I can't predict the future with certainty, but I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with him. I'm demisexual and haven't had a huge number of relationships--as a teenager I thought a lot of the falling-in-love tropes were "made up," and my first serious relationship turned out to be abusive and traumatic. When I fell in love with my partner, I remember thinking "Oh--so that stuff was real!" Neither of us is perfect; we have ridiculous arguments and personal triggers and flaws, etc. But I genuinely do love talking to him. We feel safe and relaxed around each other. We still love falling asleep together or showing physical affection. WE read aloud to each other, cook together, play video games together, take vacations together. Living with my best friend, and actively being in love with my best friend in a way that doesn't feel forced or like "work," really is pretty magical.

There's such a huge luck component to romance. I'm just really glad we found each other.

nope.. i'm wayyy too caught up in my own nonsense to be in love, at least right now. maybe someday in the future haha
i voted "something else" because all the times i thought i was in "love" were all just superficial crushes to random dudes who were total jerks to me and other people in elementary school that left as soon as it came so i don't really consider them as anything lol.

Last edited:
Back