• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are you going to keep a journal for the game?

I'm making one :) I need some ideas for what to put in it, but so far I've got my little dodo airlines ticket that I recolored to match the journal and the passport. I also made a march countdown to the switch getting here and to the game + an island wishlist page.

Mine just came today! I am excited to start it.

I'm planning on it! I've seen a lot of inspiration on reddit too, so I'm going to use it to keep track of pretty much everything. I've never had something to really look back on my progress with before, so I'm going to write down everything!

I'll be keeping a journal, I'm using my Ipad to design the pages and everything and I'm using Goodnotes for the actual note-keeping aspect. I still need to make pages for the Birthdays, Villagers that move in, map blueprints once I get my layout, bugs, fish and insect pages... Most of them I can't make until I either have the game or have more information on the collectible items.

I started my journal!
Nothing fancy though. I have been using it to write down possible island and player names.
Everyone I see See posted I s super cute. I dont have time to do an in detail jornal of my island, but I do like to have somewhere to write down all my chicken scratch.

This is a cute idea! But I don?t see myself keeping it up for long if I try.

I don’t plan on journaling, as decorating a journal hasn’t ever appealed to me very much. I might consider some sort of digital record, as my handwriting is fairly awful and I highly doubt I’ll keep up with anything physical.

In ACNL, I’ve tracked some basic details on my Backloggery, and then some notes about key progress dates, etc. in the notes on my phone. So I’ll track things like moving requests, actual moves, ship upgrades, dates I get villager pics, etc. I do that in addition to using a cataloguing app. The approach has worked fairly well, so I’ll probably stick with it in ACNH.

I'm not planning on it, but if I want to keep any notes about the game I'll do it on my PC in Cherrytree, which I use like a digital notebook.

honestly, i am also considering it.
i'd probably order a bunch of cute supplies on amazon to get started :) (stickers, pens, markers, etc.)
if i did do a journal, i'd start on the day march 20th :)

I never thought of this! I think I will... or maybe not. I'll just merge it into my normal journal!

Since I can't even keep up with a journal for my own life, no I won't. In NL I made sure to take lots of pictures though and they kind of document my progress along the way. I think I'll do the same in New Horizons!

I'm not doing a "cute" one but I do have one journal which I keep for videogames where I just note down Pok?mon I'm missing, or items I need in Story of Seasons and reminders for Animal Crossing. In the old days, I'd write that stuff in the instruction manual. ;)

I used to keep a journal on my GC game, because we could buy notebooks from Nook for that purpose. I'd leave them on a table and jot down anything game-related I wanted to remember.

For a while here, I kept a blog of my NL towns that had snippets of what happened, design ideas, and creating a little backstory for my town.

I'm not much of a bullet journal person, but I may do a diary-type book to keep track of who moved in, best gift ideas, how I want to plan the island, and maybe create some little stories.

I never thought of having a journal for Animal Crossing before, but it does sound like a lot of fun! I may or may not do one, but if I do, I'll have to go to Walmart and buy a new journal book, as the one I have has already been filled in. :p

no, i tried journaling when i played new leaf for a while and it didn't work out. i do have a notebook for video game things but that's mostly for thinking, planning and keeping track of things rather than write down what i'm doing every day.

no, i tried journaling when i played new leaf for a while and it didn't work out. i do have a notebook for video game things but that's mostly for thinking, planning and keeping track of things rather than write down what i'm doing every day.

That is basically the same thing as journaling. :lemon:

i do have a notebook for video game things but that's mostly for thinking, planning and keeping track of things rather than write down what i'm doing every day.

That's basically what I'm doing for New Horizons. I'm not going to journal In a sense where I am logging my everyday in game life day to day. I'm just going to keep track of notes, events, encyclopedia, and hints and tricks, etc.

I have never thought about or heard of this idea but I think it is SO CUTE!!! I will definitely try to do this at least for the first few months. I love doing cute journals and paper layout stuff with stickers so I am super excited!!! Omg thank you for sharing this idea

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah actually I have this too. I recently found an old notebook with a few pages filled with town ideas for ACNL. I am currently using it to craft a competitive pokemon team in sword and shield. its mainly a bunch of scribbles and doesn't look pretty. But I do want to get a separate journal for NH! (as I previously stated)

Not a physical or traditional journal with checklists and all that, but I will blog about it whenever I have time. I had a plan to do 100 days, or possibly even a year of no time travel and documenting the development of the island.

Back