• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are You A Villager Dictator?

Ehhh, not really. I don't really care what my villagers do or wear. I mean, yeah, if they're wearing something... funky, then I'll give them a hint by sending them a shirt, or just hope they'll change after to someone else. And if it spreads..... yeah, then I'm gonna have to call the fashion police. Same with houses. Now, the only time I get worried is when they gradually have less and less furniture. I might need to give Bettina a cabinet or something soon, 'cause she keeps selling her stuff at Re-tail. Why. >.<
Now, the only thing I'm totally obsessive about is their house placement. I always make sure new villagers are plotted in a good spot, since they have no sense of what's a good spot or not. xD

I'm kinda a dictator at heart, so I'd love if AC:NL gave the mayor a little more control. I'm not that picky when it comes to what they wear, but when it comes to catchphrases, house placement, and moving I'm the boss. :cool:

I won't lie I pretty much am. If my villager isn't wearing their original shirt which is fine in some cases just depends if the shirt suits them I will go nuts over it and I'll keep spamming them with shirts until they change into their original one. Not only that it really really really bugs me when villagers wear other villagers clothing. It bugs me so bad that it makes me want to kick them out of town. So I usually just spam Isabelle until she makes them change or I keep mailing their shirt to them. I never used to mind but now I prefer my villagers to have completely original catchphrases so whenever they ask for it changed I always say it's fine the way it is. I almost always tell them no when they want to move away too. I don't mind about houses though as I know it doesn't take long to change those up and buy the furniture from the villagers. However I never give deliveries to my villagers as I know they'll just put them in their houses.

Houses are the main issue for me. It just bothers me so much if there's even one unfitting piece of furniture in my villagers' houses.

Julian has a modern lamp on top of his regal table. He got that when he received a package from Ruby. I sent him white carnations, he replaced his star globe. I didn't even have the star globe catalogued. When I bought the star globe from a lovely soul on here, Julian pinged me and gave me his star globe. I sent him the star globe. He replaced the carnations, not the modern lamp. I sent him carnations, he replaced the star globe. Earlier, when T&T Emporium was already closed and I was out of star globes, he asked me for something to replace his modern lamp, and he didn't accept carnations. THE STRUGGLE. I JUST WANT THAT UGLY LAMP OUT. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO YOU SPOILED UNICORN.

As you can see I'm obssesive about keeping them 100% original. My Re-tail is filled with flowers at 999k so they can't sell stuff, it's like a flower shop :D

The only exception to this is Ruby, whose house I'm changing into the black and blue astro furniture and gave her the floral knit tee.

Last edited:
Definitely. I try my best to keep their houses in check, but they always put the furniture I send them in the wrong place. Gah, if they share catchphrases and ugly shirts, I go bonkers. I'll let them wear something if it suits them, though.

Sooo I'm the type of person who says "no" whenever a villager I'm keeping asks to move, sends them sometimes unorderable furniture that fits their house theme in the mail, and freaks out when they wear an ugly or unfitting shirt. Is anyone else this obsessive about their villagers?

I mean I always say no when the ones I want to stay try to leave lol
If there house really sucks then yeah I will send them or guide them towards better options in retail.
9/10 villagers in my one town are all wearing the same checkerboard black and white shirt and I think its freaking hilarious

Back when I used to play, I was a hardcore "dictator"to my villagers/town. :p

My villagers constantly want me to catch them fish! Haha noooope!

Also, when they wear clothing that's the same color as their skin/fur it really ticks me off =__=

Depends on the villager.

I have dreamies so yes, I'm telling a villager not to move every five minutes. However there are several villagers who I do not care what they wear or what they put in their house. A select few though, I freak out whenever they mess up their houses.
I never bother trying to get them to wear something specific though because I just don't feel like continuously ordering and sending them the same shirt until they put it on. Plus, they could display the shirt in their house and screw it up.

thanks to purrl, who is now gone, my villagers went through a phase where all of their catchphrases were "kitten." apparently purrl likes sharing her catchphrase. she moved out weeks ago and yet some of my villagers still have "kitten" as their catchphrase. the struggle.

You can't truly dictate villagers no matter how much you want to; These little brats do whatever they want whenever they want, we're all screwed lol <3

I'm the same way haha.

I always go no if it's a dreamie/favourite that wants to move. I always send them furniture that matches their style. And I always cringe when they wear something ugly (so I keep sending them something nicer)~

Yah. I always get approached and they are like "Yo I wanna move" and I'm like "but fam.... fam, you can never leave" and they are like "****. got damn."

I try to be a dictator, but I'm not very good. Every now and again someone manages to sneak away, and they keep sneaking ugly shirts on and ignoring the nice ones I buy them.

I, a dictator? No way. I'd rather think ISABELLE is the real dictator here! She's the one who decides where PWPs can or can't go, which ordinances can we enable and whatnot... :p

Back