Are you a video game collector?

What kind of game collector are you?

• Im a hardcore collector! With masses of sealed games

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Im a scalper

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Im a casual gamer, I buy games as and when

Votes: 116 79.5%
  • I'm like Matt. I buy games to play but they remain new and sealed if I end up not playing them

Votes: 29 19.9%

• Total voters
I have so many games for the Switch. Most of them digital but still a lot of games. Physically I have twelve games but three are second copies of Nintendo Labo kits that I bought so that I would have extra parts in case I break something or mess up trying to decorate the Toy Cons. The VR set is the only one I don’t have a second copy of. I also a messed a lot of Amiibos and expansion sets for Lego Dimensions and ships and figures for Starlink Battle for Atlas.

I used to have a ton of games and all in very good shape.. but nowadays I have so little time that I ended up selling a lot of them, but the one I will forever regret selling (for quite some money at least) is Kirbys Air Ride for GameCube 😭

I would say I'm a collector, but none of the poll options apply to me. I just like to get games, and i won't sell games I've collected over time. I'm particularly proud of the N64 Doubutsu no Mori copy I got in Japan!

I would say I'm a collector, but I'm not so hardcore that I'd go out of my way to drop loads of money on games I don't have interest in just because they're "rare", and even go so far as to not even open/play them 😅

I only go for games that I'm interested in owning, and I do intend on playing them so already opened is fine by me so long as it's complete (game/case/manual) and it's in very good condition
The only time I'd go for a rare game that I've never heard of or previously had any interest in owning is if it was going for a crazy good deal 🤣

I have a pretty decent collection of physical games, but I wouldn't consider myself to be a collector. I just tend to prefer physical copies of games over digital.

No that would be really weird! I thought when I saw the thread you meant you keep the games you buy but this is just crazy lol.

I only buy or rent games when i wanna play them and then I'm completely done with them. I don't usually replay games unless theyre crazy good!

i collect many video games, but my largest collection must be my 3DS/DS collection. i will pick up sealed games sometimes, but im not the kind to spend too much extra just for a sealed copy of a game.

unless its a certain game series...

Since becoming an adult, I've made a habit of keeping the games I buy in excellent condition, either because I might want to display them, or if I end up not liking them and want to sell. However, I've never been a fan of keeping anything in sealed condition, because it defeats the point of the item. I can understand the desire to keep something precious pristine, but unfortunately, time will always degrade things eventually. It just seems needlessly materialistic, so it's not for me.

I only buy games I'm interested in, although I have been known to keep particular games of a beloved series, even if I don't like that game, just for collection purposes.

I used to be, to some degree. I used to pick up several games at car boot sales before videogame collecting became the norm. Along the way, there were several new games I ended up not playing as well, so I kept them sealed.

I do plan on eventually selling off my old collection, keeping only the games that I really enjoy playing. Nowadays, I only pick up (physical) games that I think I'll enjoy. That number seems to go down every year, and I have a sneaking suspicion the decrease in physical games is why, unfortunately.

I mean, not intentionally. I’ve also been renting games from the library, to see what they’re like. It’s a good way to see if a game’s worth it or not.

Back