• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are there emotions only villagers can have?

Michelangelo

Bells
I love how in Animal Crossing New Leaf there are more emotions, like Flourish, Showmanship, Pride, etc. But I've noticed something. I feel like there's some emotions that only villagers have. After looking at the new emotions from a wiki, and seeing some that villagers have done, I think we're missing out. Like here's one that I think you can't get. Isabelle is lunging her head out with an open smile and circular sparks are shooting out of her head.

HNI_0042.JPG

I noticed little details, and sometimes I see a character smiling with the closed eyes, but their mouth is closed too, unlike how when they smile, their mouth is usually open.

HNI_0020.JPG

Then there's another when it looks like they give you a sly smile with half-open eyes.

HNI_0029.JPG

Yeah so I noticed this when looking through every emotion you can get...and yet we can't get all of them. What do you guys think?

I thought about this too, the whole "leaning-head-out-terrifying-expression" emotion really is awesome xD Would be cool to be able to do it.

This is interesting too! Are there any others?
I think there's another one. You know how in the summer, when you load the game, your character walks out the house sweating because he/she is wearing long sleeves? I saw one of my smug villagers doing the sweating emotion during the Bug-Off, and I don't think we can do that by ourselves.

Back