• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

are there any switch games that give you the same feel as animal crossing, stardew valley and those kind of games?

Raven_

Bells
I have also heard of Cozy Grove, Spiritfarer, Littlewood etc. I really like games where I can make a space of my own and would love to hear any recommendations!

You should try Story of Seasons, the new one just came out and my sister is obsessed with it. Also I like Rune Factory 4 it's a 3DS game but it has a switch port

oh, i definitely second story of seasons and rune factory, especially since the op post mentions stardew valley and that's super inspired by story of seasons!

Seconding Rune Factory 4 (RF5 is going to be coming out on the switch soon too!) It’s got a little bit of everything— farming, caring for animals, making friends, and dungeons/fighting. The characters are so loveable and the world is just so immersive 😍

Seconding Rune Factory 4 (RF5 is going to be coming out on the switch soon too!) It’s got a little bit of everything— farming, caring for animals, making friends, and dungeons/fighting. The characters are so loveable and the world is just so immersive 😍
I'm so excited for RF5! I wonder what the graphics are going to be like.

I bought Littlewood on Switch and I enjoy it. It's pretty simple if you compare it to Stardew Valley/Animal Crossing, but it's more complex than I thought it was going to be and it's really cute. You probably won't sink countless hours into it but there's definitely a decent amount of gameplay there.

If you have a DS, you might like the Harvest Moon games. Anything more recent than Harvest Moon Trio of Towns goes by the name of Story of Seasons. But the old games are really good.

If you like the building and decorating of ACNH and like games like Minecraft, I suggest getting Dragon Quest Builders 2. It is like Minecraft with a proper story and has a free build mode.

The Atelier Ryza games give me a similar cozy vibe that AC does. It is a JRPG with a focus on cute slice of life story with a focus on crafting. It does have battles, but nothing too hard once you get the hang of it. I find them more cozy than Final Fantasy, but they are hard to find as a physical version.

A Short Hike definitely gives me the same sort of cozy vibes that Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley give me. Emphasis on the word short in the title, though! It's not a very long game but I think it's priced really fairly to reflect that. There's no enemies to fight and no real way to lose - it's a walking simulator is I think the genre name? You're just exploring the tiny world and it's a really sweet little experience.

Spiritfarer also gives me cozy vibes but that game is also sad! Just a heads up, lol. I can play Animal Crossing all day long without shedding a tear and while some of the character backstories in Stardew Valley can be a little sad Spiritfarer has actually made me cry. It's a really beautiful game but I just wanted to throw that out there. It handles a heavy subject and I don't blame people for not wanting to play the game because of it!

If youre ok with glitches then give Calico a whirl. It has its issues but its really cute and chill. ☆

I've been looking at Calico. Are there any really bad game breaking type glitches? Or just slightly annoying visual glitches a la Morrowind/Skyrim?

I've been looking at Calico. Are there any really bad game breaking type glitches? Or just slightly annoying visual glitches a la Morrowind/Skyrim?

Its like skyrim on crack. Like a lot of weird things can happen but it can be funny to witness. There were some game breaking glitches, like being teleported to the middle of the ocean or having a quest progress break but they have been patched (they added a potion to teleport you home). The worst thing I had happen was dismounting in a doorway and the game crashing and yesterday I had the "select furniture" button dissappear. I heard the non-switch version has a bit less glitches but there will be a little bit of a crusty patina to the experience. I didnt touch it for a while because of that but I played it last night again and although its a bit wonky I felt relaxed and happy playing it. :)

The game Coral Island is coming out soon. It says it's inspired by the classics, but if you watch the trailer, it is pretty much a copy of Stardew Valley with pretty graphics. Although, they did add a few really cool features that are different! I'm pretty excited about it.

I highly recommend cozy grove! Its a really awesome life sim like ACNH thats super cute and wholesome. You play as a spirit guide on a haunted island who helps bear ghosts find peace by completing their requests. You can customize your character, change your outfit, decorate your campsite and the island. You should look up the trailer and check it out :)

I also recommend the Story of Seasons games, the new one is really good (Pioneers of Olive Town) , and I recently started playing Littlewood. You might like Cattails too, it's a RPG game but you're a cat and all the other NPC's are cats

Back