• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are single Amiibo cards even remotely worth £16?

No offense but I don't think that last part was really necessary. :/

I think this comment is about the last thing I said in my post:

Be at 9 villagers so you are ready for him! (ie Julian).

What I meant was if forestyne had 9 villagers in town, and Julian came up for trade ( in boxes in someone's town) or he appears in their campsite, (the little in town one) - then they would be able to act quickly.

I found the 'no offense' comment, offensive as well, but decided it was best to leave well alone, as most readers presumably understood what I meant (albeit there could be differences in how a UK person phrases something to how others would, and I admit I can be blunt at the best of times).

I see forestyne is upset by the comment, I've seen nothing in any of your posts to suggest the comment was about anything you said.
Just keep looking for Julian. I suspect the readers won't increase in price, could go down, so you should be OK there, Julian, well keep looking for him via trade or card. (ebay prices fluctuate a lot).

The most frustrating thing is that as time goes by these cards will probably be worth nothing anymore at some point. It will be like a completed map for 10 bucks.

But maybe that will take a while though, as they will probably be usefull for the Nintendo Switch too if that gets an Animal Crossing game.

The most frustrating thing is that as time goes by these cards will probably be worth nothing anymore at some point. It will be like a completed map for 10 bucks.

But maybe that will take a while though, as they will probably be usefull for the Nintendo Switch too if that gets an Animal Crossing game.

It would be ridiculous if Nintendo didn't let us use these cards for the next AC. I would be pretty mad :( I'm pretty sure they will though, since these cards are making them a lot of money. Prolonging it's use would be the smartest thing to do, business wise.

It would be ridiculous if Nintendo didn't let us use these cards for the next AC. I would be pretty mad :( I'm pretty sure they will though, since these cards are making them a lot of money. Prolonging it's use would be the smartest thing to do, business wise.

Yes I think they will to, as the Switch will have amiibo functionality too! But there will be a time the cards won't be of interest to anyone anymore, which could take years, and then you'll be able to get a full map on Ebay for a few bucks lol. It's frustrating because right now we spend so much money on them. But that's how it works I guess. :)

Last edited:
Yes I think they will to, as the Switch will have amiibo functionality too! But there will be a time the cards won't be of interest to anyone anymore, which could take years, and then you'll be able to get a full map on Ebay for a few bucks lol. It's frustrating because right now we spend so much money on them. But that's how it works I guess. :)

True. Eventually, most things lose value. To be honest, I'll be happy if these cards are compatible for 2 more true Animal Crossing games. After that, if they're retired, I won't be mad. :)

True. Eventually, most things lose value. To be honest, I'll be happy if these cards are compatible for 2 more true Animal Crossing games. After that, if they're retired, I won't be mad. :)

I would thank Nintendo gracefully if that happens lol!

Back