• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Shop Ardrey's Art★Shop | OPEN [ PU: --- ]

its been a year, also likely that they paid using friends and family since theres no fee and before that ardrey was v active

In that case, they can file a fraud claim with their bank. It's worth giving the paypal thing a try, however since they do have evidence of it being a commission, the artist being inactive, etc

edit: of course not if the transaction was done through F&F.

Last edited:
Paying through friends & family is against Paypal rules and can lead to a frozen account.
I only accept those kinda payments when they don't occur often/I didnt open commissions for a long long time and the sender is in fact, a friend.
I'm not sure if busting ardrey to PP (since there's proof right there they are doing such practices) will change anything. They seemed to be reliable ?? before they vanished...maybe give them the benefit of doubt and something happened. Either way I know it sucks for the commissioners :/

you can only file a claim at PP for transactions within a 6 month time frame - which is much time imo - iirc

Paying through friends & family is against Paypal rules and can lead to a frozen account.
I only accept those kinda payments when they don't occur often/I didnt open commissions for a long long time and the sender is in fact, a friend.
I'm not sure if busting ardrey to PP (since there's proof right there they are doing such practices) will change anything. They seemed to be reliable ?? before they vanished...maybe give them the benefit of doubt and something happened. Either way I know it sucks for the commissioners :/

you can only file a claim at PP for transactions within a 6 month time frame - which is much time imo - iirc

The reason I said to make a claim with PP, regardless of the time frame PP gives, is because PP contacts the person the claim was made against. So that might mean she'll come back and reimburse OP or finish the commission.

I agree if OP did F&F to not even bother, however.

love when artists take your money & dip.

Did you attempt to contact ardrey via her email or dA? If you paid via paypal, then her email is in your transaction log on PayPal. Ardrey was quite reliable, prompt and friendly. I highly doubt she did this with any malintent. I have bought several pieces from her without issue, as have many people here.

^ I think it'd be worth contacted ardrey via email as well!!
I've sent her a message on discord (which she seemed to be active on) almost a month ago but got no reply, and I doubt that you'd get a reply from her on dA as she's deactivated her account;;
I don't want to make any claims but ardrey was a reliable artist and even only asked payment when I was next up on the list - while a lot of artists just ask for payment regardless of your position on the worklist. I'd like to give them the benefit of doubt too but I guess nothing can be for sure >->o

Back