• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

April 2024: Nintendo will shut down online play and online communication for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

still wonder trading currently, yup
I was able to wonder trade after the cutoff time too (till' around 7:30 pm CST) but as soon as I hit the home button to check my friend list I couldn't reconnect. I'm assuming it will continue to let you play until you log out of the game.

I was able to wonder trade after the cutoff time too (till' around 7:30 pm CST) but as soon as I hit the home button to check my friend list I couldn't reconnect. I'm assuming it will continue to let you play until you log out of the game.

nintendo about to learn just how much trade fodder I have

I could do this for literal years

I'm currently in an online island on New Leaf, but I'm afraid to leave, because I heard that if I do, the servers will be down for my 3ds.

I checked my other 3ds I own with my other New Leaf cartridge and that server has gone down for me.

I don't know how long I could stay on my island I'm still being on and haven't been kicked out by an error yet. I could stay on it for at least until midnight it seems.

I'd like to see a photo of the error that appears when you try to play online after the shutdown. Just so I can miss it more... (I'd show it myself but I don't have a 3DS)

Haven’t had time to get on 3DS but this was Wii U. The server still worked for those who were actively online at the time I took this this but I had to power my console down an hour after the shutdown and was greeted with this in Splatoon when I tried to go back on. Sad sad day.

IMG_7113.jpeg

Last edited:
status update: it has been over 14 hours, and I am still able to wonder trade perfectly fine in both pokémon x and pokémon ultra moon

Whatever you do don’t leave. Once you do that’ll likely be it.

Splatoon definitely ended earlier cause you needed a full room of 8 players to continue so as time went on it was harder and harder to fill lobbies and once it timed out on you, you were done. Thankfully wondertrade is only two players and doesn’t boot you if the trade fails from what I remember.

ok, so humorously, someone was able to request a link trade in ultra moon with me and we got to the trade screen, but going to confirm the trade errored us back to the plaza

I'm actually technically still connected in x as well, but any sort of thing that needs to use the server to relay data is out

I gave setting up the Pretendo Network on my Wii U a shot last night - no hacking required just a dns change and new account needed. It works surprisingly well and was super easy to setup.

I did get errors later in the evening but server load has been heavy due to Nintendo’s shutdown. Which they warned would likely be the case for a bit. It should get better with time. Really impressive for a beta server though!

am hoping they can get the 3ds pretendo servers able to be connected to without hacking required as well, eventually

just to widen the amount of people able to utilize it

Yeah if they can find a loophole that works I’m certain they will. Apparently they just happened to stumble upon the loophole on Wii U and from that figured out how to make it work. So here’s hoping there is something for them to find for 3DS too.

Back