Approaching the One Year Anniversary, what will you think if there aren't any big updates coming?

Once you upgrade the shop and museum, there really isn’t anything else to work towards in NH.

I was expecting Label to eventually join her sisters and maybe even upgrade Able’s and add some kinda expensive boutique section, since I doubt Gracie will be returning.

I can’t believe Nook’s Cranny hasn’t gotten an upgrade yet. I was hoping Leif would join Timmy and Tommy again so we can finally get some more house plants in this game. There’s only, like, 5?

I was hoping the pier would dock Kapp’n’s boat, and we can travel to islands a little more interesting than the mystery tours, which stopped being a mystery after a few trips. Mini games perhaps? No?

Brewster, more veggies, gyroids. Some bigger, more expensive items to decorate the island, like PWPs, because there really isn’t much to spend bells on. Bells seems so useless now.

I came to the conclusion that the first year would just focus on the major holidays and maybe some big changes will be coming this year. But idk anymore. People seem happy with the pi Pie, lol. I just expected more content, things to do beyond Holiday events, and seasonal items. Maybe I’m just greedy.

I think one year in, they can't not give us more upgrades to the museum (like a Brewster one or Celeste's shop), or at the very least a new upgrade for Nook's Cranny, which we known is gonna come eventually because of the stairs in the right side of the building. Honestly, I don't really know what they're waiting for

I don't think we necessarily have to get an update the day of the anniversary, but I do hope at least there will be a trailer either highlighting the next update or teasing things to come later in the year.

Now that the holidays are out of the way, for better or worse, I do think the next update is going to be important in setting people's expectations on what they can expect from updates going forward.

It may be too much to set high expectations for the anniversary update if we are to get one, especially since there is been no indication I know of that a major update is set for the anniversary. Does Nintendo do big anniversary updates for other games?

There are a lot of big features we're looking for and I'm sure we won't get them all at once. I don't see anything exciting happening in March. I believe we won't see any big features until late April or May.

I think if we're lucky, the one thing we will see next is a new Nook's Cranny store. After 1 year, it makes the most sense that Nook's Cranny gets an update. By this point, every player who started the game on March 20 last year has seen Nook's Cranny go through all the seasons with it's seasonal item selection, and exterior decorating. So there is nothing left to see. Then again I've been telling myself since last April it will be in the next update, but it has yet to happen. Maybe it's time to give up on that idea.

While QOL updates may still be a possibility, I feel any QOL improvements added will be ones we haven't asked for yet or have asked for the least. I think there are many aspects of the game we will have to learn to live with, such as tools breaking, no shopping cart at Able Sisters, or Orville wasting plenty of time.

Of course all of this is just my opinion and not backed by any evidence.

I think one year in, they can't not give us more upgrades to the museum (like a Brewster one or Celeste's shop), or at the very least a new upgrade for Nook's Cranny, which we known is gonna come eventually because of the stairs in the right side of the building. Honestly, I don't really know what they're waiting for

While I don't doubt there'll be a second level if the store ever does upgrade, I think the stairs may just be apart of the interior design and not a guarantee that a second level is coming.

It would be awfully nice to get a big update. I feel like the new items and features roll out for this past year has been so slow. We also probably will need an update around that timeframe regardless because of this year's Bunny Day.

The Mario update we're getting as of later today seems decent because it's adding a good amount of stuff. This is actually the first update I've found myself looking forward to in a while.

I really hope there is a big anniversary update and I think there might be one however I have absolutely no clue what they'd include in it. There's a lot of thinks I want but I guess we will just have to wait and see

At this point I’m just having fun designing my island so I don’t care
am really afraid the next update is just gonna be revamped bunny day tho -_-

At this point I’m just having fun designing my island so I don’t care
am really afraid the next update is just gonna be revamped bunny day tho -_-
I agree with this I have been having fun thinking of new areas for my island. There was nothing about an update after this one so I’m thinking it’s just about bunny day as well.

i won't be surprised or disappointed! the game will have content updates coming for a few years still, there's no real rush imo. i don't really see nintendo doing anything special just for the game being released for a year.

Disappointing how low people’s expectations have gotten - it’s perfectly reasonable and would make sense for the next update to mark the anniversary and to be a decent sized update, since we’ve all played through the year now and now that the holidays are out of the way it’s just making the glaring obvious missing gameplay features even more clear - there’s almost no point in checking the shop anymore, most of us saw all that the shop had to offer within the first six months. Lack of major characters from the franchise history, series staples such as Gyroids, multiple Nook store upgrades, the café - these are bare minimum expectations - and they should really be going much further than this. We need a huge furniture update as well as I talked about above, along with desperately needed Quality of Life improvements.

If the next update comes and it’s yet again more of the same - I.e. ten minutes worth of content with a promise of another update two months down the line - there’s no way I’ll keep up my current ability to play the game daily.

Nintendo didn’t tease a March update in the Feb update trailer so I wouldn’t assume that there will be one. When has Nintendo ever released an update specifically for a game’s one year anniversary? Seems to me that so far all signs point to the likelihood or there not being an anniversary update being much higher than the likelihood of there being one.

It’s been almost a year since release and I’ve logged in almost everyday to do my daily tasks. I have a huge backlog and quite a number of upcoming games I’m interested in so I don’t mind even if AC doesn’t have a huge update in March. NL didn’t last more than one year for me either after the initial release with all the “additional content” so no difference for me here. I’m sure AC will eventually have substantial DLC, whether paid or otherwise, that I will look forward to in the future if it doesn’t happen in March.

At this point, I'm not expecting/hopeful for one. It would be really nice to get one that's quite big with lots in it though.

But honestly, I'm happy with what I've got for now. I have being super focused on redoing my whole island and haven't really thought about updates. I completely forgot about the Mario update coming out, that's how much I don't care atm 😂

It just seems like wasted energy to worry about/expect anything now. Nintendo will never give us what we really want anyways. 🥺

It may be too much to set high expectations for the anniversary update if we are to get one, especially since there is been no indication I know of that a major update is set for the anniversary. Does Nintendo do big anniversary updates for other games?

There are a lot of big features we're looking for and I'm sure we won't get them all at once. I don't see anything exciting happening in March. I believe we won't see any big features until late April or May.

I think if we're lucky, the one thing we will see next is a new Nook's Cranny store. After 1 year, it makes the most sense that Nook's Cranny gets an update. By this point, every player who started the game on March 20 last year has seen Nook's Cranny go through all the seasons with it's seasonal item selection, and exterior decorating. So there is nothing left to see. Then again I've been telling myself since last April it will be in the next update, but it has yet to happen. Maybe it's time to give up on that idea.

While QOL updates may still be a possibility, I feel any QOL improvements added will be ones we haven't asked for yet or have asked for the least. I think there are many aspects of the game we will have to learn to live with, such as tools breaking, no shopping cart at Able Sisters, or Orville wasting plenty of time.

Of course all of this is just my opinion and not backed by any evidence.

While I don't doubt there'll be a second level if the store ever does upgrade, I think the stairs may just be apart of the interior design and not a guarantee that a second level is coming.

I think the seasonal changes does make a big impact on updates. I mean sure people are buying the game all the time, sales are still strong, but both Able's and Nooks getting upgrades before we've seen 4 seasons of content.......? If you are playing the long game and drip feeding stuff out it would make sense to wait a year before upgrading nooks.

I think the seasonal changes does make a big impact on updates. I mean sure people are buying the game all the time, sales are still strong, but both Able's and Nooks getting upgrades before we've seen 4 seasons of content.......? If you are playing the long game and drip feeding stuff out it would make sense to wait a year before upgrading nooks.
Not really. Keeping a Nook's upgrade from us purely on the basis of allowing us to see the exterior for the year is a bit of a stretch, but honestly knowing how slow these updates are I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. And if you're talking about the seasonal stuff they sell, well, why wouldn't an upgraded Nook store do that?

In ALL previous AC games we'd be on the 3rd/4th or even final Nook's upgrade by now.
NH has really stretched this out with the drip feeding and having a small Nook shop that sells the furniture which I've seen all of since August just makes it boring. A Nook's upgrade is so overdue for most of us.

I want to believe so badly that there will be some sort of big update for the anniversary, but I'm getting less and less sure. I have a feeling it will just be a brief update to add Bunny Day and if we're lucky, April Fools Day. However, I feel like April Fools Day will once again be forgotten because with that, we would have three events running at once. Bunny Day, Cherry Blossom Season, and April Fools Day. I hope I'm wrong though and we get a huge update.

Knowing Nintendo, I don't think that they're going to be an update for the anniversary. I have a tiny bit of hope, but for real they're probably not going to do anything at all or are going to release an item. Other than the anniversary and as for updates, the AC x Mario was released today but the items aren't available yet. This makes me wonder because the Mario update was originally planned for a date in March but they decided that it was going to be released on 2/25 (today) on the direct. Why would they update the game 5 days prior to the original date and not give us any items? I'm speculating, I'm not saying anything's going on but I HOPE there's an anniversary update.

I think/hope the news of the Sanrio villagers returning is a good sign of things to come. I know a month a few weeks ago we were wondering if they would bring the villagers back or if they were just releasing the cards.

I think/hope the news of the Sanrio villagers returning is a good sign of things to come. I know a month a few weeks ago we were wondering if they would bring the villagers back or if they were just releasing the cards.
I agree completely. Many players had doubts, even including me a little bit, that Nintendo would fail in delivering the amiibo content properly. But NOW? All previous amiibo characters stand a chance at returning into the game. I now have full hope that the Zelda amiibo will return sometime this year for Zelda's 35th, and I can't wait :)

Back