• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone know a good 2D animation software?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
just to be sure, I did check the art applications thread that is pinned here, and the closest thing I could find was CSP (which I already have) but you can only animate up to 24 cels. I was hoping to do more like 200-300 cels.

so since there isn't really a dedicated 2D animation software in that thread, does anyone here have recommendations? If you guys have ever played Flipnote Studio, I'm kinda looking for something like that (except on a computer and not a DSi ofc), where I can make short and simple animations (and possibly attach sfx/music if possible).

recommendations are greatly appreciated, ty all :blush:

Krita has the ability to do 2D animation even though the main focus is just drawing things. I've actually done a bit of it last year and while it's not entirely smooth sailing (partly due to my snail laptop), the software does a good job considering it's free. The number of frames you can draw seems to be unlimited to my knowledge. 10 seconds was the most I did and even then it took a lot of work to get to that length depending on the frames per second you want to do. I'll drop this video down here for you to see if you're still interested!

It's a lot to take in and can be very time consuming to make an animation, but will be so worth it in the end to see the final result. It's an awesome feeling to have seen your drawings come to life, more so if it's your OCs! Just remember to have fun with it. :)

Back