• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Anyone figure out how joining missions works exactly?

Tommy89

Space Oddity
Bells
Winter Mittens
It seems like if I have just recently connected to the internet, I'll get mission notifications, but if I put the 3DS down to do something else for a minute, it seems like all mission updates on the lower screen stop and I actually have to host a mission of my own with 1-3 participants for me to seemingly "re-enable" the matchmaking or w/e it is.

It's actually not too hard, it's just more difficult to get timing right.
When it goes off across the screen, tap it. It'll probably go away, but just keep hitting update or wait a little bit.

Soon you should see a join button if you get some on your screen :D
Sorry no one answered you sooner x . x

Hi there, Le Vayne. Thank you for your reply :)

While I understand that part of it, I simply meant that sometimes, for me anyway, it seems as if notifications for new player-hosted missions will stop appearing until I myself host a new mission or disconnect and re-connect to the internet.

You can talk to the girl like you want to host a mission, then scroll to the right to see what missions are being played. There is also a button to update the list. But I have also noticed that I seem to find more missions after I host one myself. You could also try playing at night or during the weekend when more people are likely to be online.

Back