• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

anyone already starting to decorate for christmas?

I am trying SO HARD not to decorate for Christmas yet but I'll think I'll be doing it by the end of the week! 😂

I'm hoping whatever comes in the Thanksgiving update will occupy my attention before I go all out Xmas!

Not yet. I haven't figured out where everything is going and I'm probably going to move my villagers again after looking at Pinterest ideas. 🥰

i wish i could raise my hand... am probably going to decorate once I can start catching snowflakes. gotta wait for that sweet sweet snow furniture :)

As much as I REALLY want to, I have no winter DIY's and I don't really wanna TT for them haha. So I'm still working on getting all the fall DIY's and decorating for fall. I took down all my Halloween stuff this morning and now my island needs some sort of decorating again.

I'm going to make it more autumn-y for all of November and then once December hits I'll start making it more Christmas like. While I love Christmas, I want a fall themed island for now.

As much as I REALLY want to, I have no winter DIY's and I don't really wanna TT for them haha. So I'm still working on getting all the fall DIY's and decorating for fall. I took down all my Halloween stuff this morning and now my island needs some sort of decorating again.
You can turn some of the Spooky things around so that they're just pumpkins and not Halloween stuff. I'm keeping the Spooky Towers and Spooky Lanterns out, and just turned around (and off) so that they're normal pumpkins. Very harvest like!

I really want to start, but I still need to take down all my Halloween stuff.

I will probably start soon though. I love Christmas. 🎄 😍

I want to start but it seems all the christmasy DIYs are not available till Dec or so... I have no choice but to wait

My answer is "NO" and there're reasons behind this decision:

1. At some point in November we may expect (final?) update which will be related to Christmas / Winter etc.
2. November just started and there are some things to accomplice in this month without going to far ahead.
3. I don't really want to do exactly the same, as stores - don't want to start Christmas just after the Halloween as it's pointless in my opinion.

meh no. Its still fall so i'm keeping my pumpkins up for a little bit longer. Probably will start decorating for Christmas at the end of November

No. It's barely November. No Christmas decorating for me until December.

Though I have moved my shrubs around to highlight the holly bushes. I always do that to whatever is coming into bloom.

Yes! I'm already looking up guides and plan to TT to December after I finish collecting the cherry blossom diys.

December is always a busy time for me. I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but I've never cared too much about autumn or it's colors. I do like it's weather though. Also, one month seems too short to plan and decorate. Maybe it's because of work, but I know that I struggled this month decorating for Halloween. It was fun, but oh so tiring.

I feel so tedious having put so many halloween items down aaaa and nothing to replace them with yet, so no.

I am really enjoying the autumn/mush vibe for now. I'm still working on replacing my Halloween stuff with mush logs and mush lamps etc! Christmas can wait.

I started taking down Halloween decorations in my game and time travelled to December to get a jump on Christmas decorating. I want to update my dream address by early December so people can look at it before Christmas ends. I also replaced my autumn themed paths with wintery ones.

Will definitely be working on making more Christmas themed stuff on my island soon!

Not yet unless you count the frozen furniture that i have incorporated in my Middle Eastern looking ruins/bazaar, The Crossroads or Muggy Kingdom. I might put some out by the tavern I’m redoing, but haven’t yet since i need to decide what to do with my halloween furniture and what ones I’m keeping up all year. i’m out of tbt anyways and have no ideas atm. Oh i also have five illuminated reindeer but three represent camels and two were going to represent halla (i think that’s what they were called) from Dragon Age).

I'll probably start decorating for christmas in december. I wasn't planning to decorate for any holidays tbh, but the halloween DIYs were so fun to decorate with c:
I may be tempted to decorate sooner if the DIYs are really nice

They are way too cute the xmas DIYs!!

To be honest I have had the worst ACNH week or so, cause I have been placing paths and then erasing then, putting them back and once again erasing them and on and on goes the circle 😂 and all cause I think for xmas time my town would look better without paths, I have literally gone 🍌s.
But now I have also realized that I think I want to try to get a cozy, natural and slow lifestyle vibe island and I am not even sure if after xmas ill bring the my stone path since it really looks cute to contour paths with bushes, fences, flowers and trees. So now because of thinking to prepare for xmas i have an ACNH existential dilemma hahah

Last edited:
It absolutely annoys me how everything jumps straight to Christmas right after Halloween. Even now, as I'm typing this, a Christmas special is playing on the television. I hate it and I'm sure cranky villagers would too. I'm not going to subject poor Dobie into it, so I'm going to wait till December to do any decorating for that holiday.

Back