• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Restarting (Slow-Bro Version)

romancement

Bells
Yellow Rose
Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Hi friends! It's been years (feels like) since I was last on TBT. I really burned out on Bunlandia, as fun as it was, and I wanted to get back into ACNH. I took a plunge, though it was TERRIFYING to delete everything. I figured, look, if you just keep it there and never play it, how is that any more fun?

Anyways, long story short I came up with some new rules for myself. When I first got the game I powered through it, time traveled like Dr. Who, rigged the bell market, did a ton of trading to try and fill up DIYs and catalogues as fast as possible. I rotated what felt like a hundred + villagers and flattened out my whole island. This time I did things way slower just to try and relax a bit more! Some of the things I did:

Overall Game:
- No time travel
- Trying not to rush early game progress
- Earning bells just by selling fruit, veggies, fish, bugs, items, etc
- Slowly paying off mortgages, bridges, shops at Harv's

Early Game
- Didn't let myself upgrade my house until my initial two villagers moved into houses
- Didn't upgrade the museum tent until resident services upgraded
- Allowed my starting villagers to pick their own spots (just by seeing where they landed)
- Placed all new buildings like shops, campsite, villager houses, based on where the money tree spot was for the day. If I didn't like it I had to wait til the next day haha!

Mid Game (Once Terraforming Unlocked)
- No major terraforming - I decided to leave my landscape and rivers the way they are. The only terraforming I did was to clear a small path to my north beach, add one or two stepping stones in between some rivers, and in the future, potentially use it for buildings. Otherwise I left all water and land elements the same and made it work!
- No major reshuffling of buildings - Trying not to overthink it, it's been fun making my island plan work AROUND the buildings where they are. Some of them I move just because I have a great idea, like a museum on a hill or something, but otherwise I've been maneuvering around things and not having that many straight lines.
- No villager hunting - This is mostly because I am too lazy to buy a bunch of NMT and then go on the trips haha. I let the houses auto fill, or will occasionally bring in a villager via amiibo campsite

Currently Working On
- I just finished moving all my rocks into a sandy quarry area. Y'all. Doing this WITHOUT TIME TRAVEL? Took me almost a straight MONTH of bumping into mannequins because I'd keep making mistakes, or moving a mannequin to work on a path and forgetting to put it back...
- Now that the rocks are done I am working on building paths (mostly dirt, some stone and cobblestone). I'm going for kind of a solarpunk farming island vibe, so a bit rural, a bit futuristic, but mostly recycled/run down (but not in a grim!dark kind of way).
- I was burned out already by the time the update came, so I didn't do much with veggies or crafting. I'm having a ton of fun making the recipes actually and sometimes I'll challenge myself to craft ALL my food resources before I sell them, just because it's kinda satisfying to make a ton of tomato puree or something. It really adds to the whole grungy farm life vibe!
- Adding decorations to building areas like solar panels, trash items, plastic containers, etc etc.

Trying to decide if I want to make more residents to have more houses? Currently it's just my main (Teaberry). I was thinking of making her upstairs the home area, and making the downstairs into a combo grocery store, doctors office, library, or some other communal island resources because I often get villagers visiting and it's cute to see them interact with your stuff! I thought about making a fishing one (Seaberry), a farming one (Peaberry), an entomologist lab (Fleaberry)... hehehe

Anyone playing totally differently than they did when the game first out? Who's on board the lazy train with me! :D

Back