• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

anyone actually use/needed to use the rescue service?

do you use the rescue services app?

• yes

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • no

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • just for the one time

Votes: 31 33.0%

• Total voters
I never needed to. There was a time I thought I was stuck but realized terraforming could help me out.

I've used it after I did some terraforming and trapped myself whoops.

i've used it a few times during terraforming! the dialogue is super cute :3

I did on the island with Rover. I was upset they tricked me into using a tool I should not have. No way I was leaving without getting it right...lol
lmaooo well at least someone's using it
Nope, never used it. I might use it once just to try it out. Think about all the other cool apps on the Nookphone. The Custom Design app is a game changer with island design! Nook Miles adds hundreds of achievements, and is a great way to spend a few hours. All Rescue Service does is... rescue you. I really think the only point was to have a Resseti cameo.

I would also suggest adding a poll to this thread. Then you can see everyone's responses!
yes! the other apps are so useful, but rescue services just aint it.
i agree with the resetti point although i probably would have preferred what nintendo originally did in new leaf. T-T
added a poll though i think i should've just kept it at yes and no, but oh well ;-;

Once out of curiosity and then I thought I was impervious to "I'll never trap myself."

But I was decorating and somehow fenced myself in but I got out by shimmying a bit.
Then I was setting down gnomes and the third one trapped me on the cliffs, so I had to remove him.

So far I've narrowly escaped but it turns out I'm really good at trapping myself.

I've never used it or gotten stuck, but after all these responses about resetti I might try it out the next time I get wasps

Literally never used it once. I haven’t yet gotten into a situation where I’ve been stuck, but I’m talented in the art of clumsiness so we’ll see.
really was expecting for resetti to pop up..waste of my nook miles :")
as was i... greatly disappointed
Post automatically merged:

Once out of curiosity and then I thought I was impervious to "I'll never trap myself."

But I was decorating and somehow fenced myself in but I got out by shimmying a bit.
Then I was setting down gnomes and the third one trapped me on the cliffs, so I had to remove him.

So far I've narrowly escaped but it turns out I'm really good at trapping myself.
LOL this was actually so entertaining to read, but it seems like rescue services very much can come in clutch

I did , just once. I made an incline to a bottom tier on my town, that I got stuck on. I had put fences on the top tier, so I couldn’t get out of the hole with the latter. I was stuck with the gyroid and the un built bridge at the bottom.

I've used it for fun, but my island is pretty much just 1 level so I'm not getting stuck any time soon

I've been using it sometimes recently for a really dumb reason but.... I'm one of those people who are genuinely afraid of the scorpions/tarantulas in this game lol, so I tend to avoid playing too much after 7pm. Buuuut I'm also a night owl, and I usually end up doing some trades or visiting other peoples islands and whatnot at night; and I used to get away with it relatively unscathed and not encounter too many creepy crawlies on the way from my house to the airport.

BUT a couple of weeks ago I moved my house from the lower part of my island, pretty close to the airport, to....... the complete opposite end of the map. Meaning I now have to run through the full length of my island to get to the airport to get things done. This. Has caused me some stress lmao. I heard they lowered the spawn rate for tarantulas and scorpions. Ok! Alright! Sure! You could have fooled me! These creatures, these monsters, they wait for me around every corner, behind every tree, in blind spots I would never have even thought possible. And when I tell you I screech every time, I hope you know I mean it. I can't help it, I never notice them until they're right on me and I'm suddenly forced to run for my life. It scares me! It's scary : (

So. In a stroke of genius a few nights ago I realized... I can use the rescue service. To plop me from one end of my island to the other. No hassle. No stress. No scorpions. So yeah! I do use the rescue service now I guess lol. I didn't get the point of it before but I think maybe this was it's secret function all along. It is for cowards. It's for the people who can't face a bundle of menacing pixels hellbent on making your fictional life miserable. It's mercy. So please... consider your local scaredy cats next time you think about how pointless this mechanic is lol

My joycon drifts up so I had to call rescue services 3 times today just so I could get to resident services and the airport. Now that my island hopping is done I probably won’t play until the new one comes in, it’s way too frustrating to deal with

My brother was really foolish and had dug up a few fully-grown trees, then dropped his shovel by his house, and ran to plant them and finish his enclosure. Thing is... He was standing inside when he planted them. Lol.

Him being pretty young, he freaked out and almost cried. But even in this situation, saving and quitting works just as well... Not sure what practical use this really has.

Used it two or three times, all because of terraforming mishaps. I'm nearly finished with terraforming now (and don't foresee doing too much more unless they up the bridge/incline limit), so I don't think using Rescue Services will be in my near future. It's not a significantly useful feature, but I'm glad it's there, nonetheless.

I can only imagine Resetti popping up every time someone dropped out of a meteor shower party..

I've never used the Rescue Service app before. I've never had the need to, nor did I want to use it just to see how it'd work.

I used it once! I forgot I moved my house to an upper level and I left my ladder on the lower level. It was right before I had to do a trade too so I was panicking

Back