• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anybody else who gave up on this game after playing New leaf for years and being disappointed at the lack of content?

The friendcode exchanger

Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
So I got my hands on New Horizons back when it was newly released and I created an Island that was supposed to have a One piece theme to it and I created Luffy as the main villager complete with most of the clothing items except the sandals. I am also posting on this forum after being inactive on it for months after I bought Beau for a huge amount of tbt so now I am broke. Back in New leaf I made a very beautiful little natural themed town that had houses with various themes including but not limited to early childhood ,death and funerals,and even rooms depicting things such as Adam and Eve encountering the snake in the Garden of Eden and a room that is supposed to represent a church but also heaven itself.
I just felt that New horizons lacks things like the type of furniture I used to have in New Leaf and the music in New Horizons just isn't as good as the music in New leaf nor does it fit most things like horror themed towns .
In my New leaf town I also included houses and characters that had very dark subject matter as a contrast to the themes of the other houses.
The online part of the game is fine on it's own but it really needs some minigames and a lobby like the online island lobby in New Leaf to keep things more interesting. I also really loved the wide variety of fruit trees in New leaf which is another thing this game lacks severly.
As for the villagers well people complained about them even back in the days of New Leaf which I bought in 2014 but I actually really enjoyed interacting with them in New leaf and I became quite attached to several of them including my original villagers like Maple and losing some of them like Biskit actually made me feel sad. With New Horizons I just don't feel about my villagers this way and I don't think about them even if I stopped playing for months. At this point it just feels like a fancier New Leaf but with no where near the amount of content that kept me occupied for 4+ years in New Leaf.
this melody perfectly demonstrates how my villagers must feel in New Leaf because I probably haven't touched this game in around a year now if not longer.

Here is a list of features and improvements they should add to the game including features from New Leaf but also new and exciting things so that it doesn't just feel like a fancier New Leaf .
1. Being able to change the background music including having music from the older games.
2. Improved villager interactions and dialogue.
3.More fruit trees and new types of fruit for example Being able to grow specific types of Apples like Granny Smith apples and Gala apples but also fruits such as the Durian fruit which existed in New leaf but is now absent from New Horizons entirely or the Lychee fruit trees.
4.More backstories and writing to npc characters like Tom Nook and Isabelle to make them feel more fleshed out and interesting as characters not just a character you talk to and only that.
5.A music club similair to Club lol in New leaf.
6.Making it easier and more convenient to plan and build terraforming around the island because as it is right now terraforming is just too much of a hassle for me to enjoy it and having to redo it when it looks wrong which can take a really long time to do and it would be easier if there was a way to view terraforming before it was finished so I could have an idea how I wanted things to look.
7.adding kapp'n and his family would be a great addition to the game if they could add something like the island in New Leaf where I used to catch Golden Stags and Hercules beetles at night to make bells. Considering this game takes place at an island it doesn't make any sense why they did not include him in the base game given all the games he has appeared in since the gamecube days.

Surely I am not the only one who feels this way about New Horizons ever since the game was released,
is there anybody else who feels this way about New Horizons after playing New Leaf for years?.

I think there have been plenty of threads around where exactly the things you mentioned were discussed :) have a browse, there’s the rant thread, petty complaints thread, new horizons improvements thread etc etc... You’ve stated that you haven’t been active here so maybe you didn’t see those. I don’t want to be rude, I just thought maybe you’ll find likeminded people there and get an idea about other people’s opinions.

I think there have been plenty of threads around where exactly the things you mentioned were discussed :) have a browse, there’s the rant thread, petty complaints thread, new horizons improvements thread etc etc... You’ve stated that you haven’t been active here so maybe you didn’t see those. I don’t want to be rude, I just thought maybe you’ll find likeminded people there and get an idea about other people’s opinions.
I just noticed after creating the thread that there are indeed people covering the same things I mentioned ,I really want to get back into the game but I just can't so I had to express my frustration with the game in it's current form.

Sorry for creating a thread that covers things that have already been discussed before I will try not to do it again.

Oh don’t worry, I understand some of your frustrations :) and it’s not a big deal - it just gets confusing at some point! I also stumbled across the “lost it’s charm” thread and if I remember correctly it was talking about many things you mentioned so you could try to get in touch with people there - maybe you even end up finding motivation and things to look forward to after browsing the forum (e.g. in the island showcase thread, new horizons positivity thread and many more)! Good luck ✨

Back