• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anybody else sick of the snow?

Yeah, I don't like snow in real life so after the holidays I TT'd out of winter. I TT'd back for the festival but now that thats done I will be TT'ing again!

Not really. I like the shiny effect it has at night and it's the only time you can get auroras. I also still have snow in real life and it makes me jealous when AC snow disappears before it does in real life (I mostly just hate the cold). Plus we have grass in game for much longer than the snow so I appreciate the couple months that we do have it in game.

When it was Autumn, I had just got my island to a state where I liked it and then when it snowed, I felt like everything I did was a waste because there was no longer color harmony. I hate the look of flowers in AC winter.

Yeah, I'm sick of seeing the snow.

I'm getting pretty sick of the snow. I miss the green trees and grass, can't wait for spring!

I just TT'd to the 25th and saw my island without snow, and it looked amazing to me!

I hated my island all winter, and was seriously considering deleting it, as it (the hideous snow) made me so depressed.

Can't wait until it goes REALLY deep, lush green!

After all those months, yes, but that's why the change of seasons is so beautiful. Also, where I live, it has started to get warmer, and I'd like the game to adjust accordingly, and the snow doesn't change at all, contrary to grass.

The problem I've had with snow in AC games is that it's almost three months of non stop snow on the ground even when it's sunny. And it does make everything feel less vibrant and alive. Colorful things contrast with the snow as well, especially flowers. I hated snowy Festivale years in New Leaf.

I think there should be snow on the ground when it snows and the day after it snowed. If it doesn't snow the day after that though? Give me grayish/greenish/brownish grass and maybe leave a few snow patches here and there and on top of buildings and items. I don't care if it's not realistic, that would be the least unrealistic thing in ACNH.

As a TTer though, I jumped to Spring and Summer after Festivale was over. And it was like a breath of fresh air.

I really liked the snow but I’m getting a bit bored of it now. I’m ready for it to melt now.

I love the snow irl, it's even snowing right now in my town and it should melt around march/april but in AC I'm sooo tired of it. The same colour for months on the ground is really boring. I can't wait to be on the 25th! I might miss the northernlights and my villagers with their cute winter outfits though...

I certainly was, which was exactly why I jumped forward to June-July 😂 I need those fish and bugs, dang it!

I've put up with the snow longer than many, but even I am ready for winter to be over. I have got all my Nook Miles for making perfect snowman (even though I was really bad at it), and have got all the winter recipes so I'm more than ready for Spring, both in game and irl. I will miss the winter clothing though, as it has some of my favourites items, but little else.

I've put up with the snow longer than many, but even I am ready for winter to be over. I have got all my Nook Miles for making perfect snowman (even though I was really bad at it), and have got all the winter recipes so I'm more than ready for Spring, both in game and irl. I will miss the winter clothing though, as it has some of my favourites items, but little else.

Agreed about the winter clothing. I've had way more fun with all the cute cold weather stuff than any other season, and it's the main thing I'll miss once the snow is gone. Spring can still have some cooler weather though, so I think I'll try and get away with my rep wearing some of the warmer things for a bit longer. Just maybe without the big warm bobble hats!

On the edge of my seat to see my island in green this week. (I terraformed in the snow...)
Still going to use my sweaters until spring irl is warm where I live. It seems like it is going to be a chilly one this year. Excited to experience rainy days again.

On the edge of my seat to see my island in green this week. (I terraformed in the snow...)
Still going to use my sweaters until spring irl is warm where I live. It seems like it is going to be a chilly one this year. Excited to experience rainy days again.

The grass will be slightly discolored at first. I don't know for sure, but I've heard from someone else the grass doesn't return green until March 10th.

100%

It was beautiful to have it arrive but it's overstayed it's welcome. I want green grass and fresh spring trees.....not long to wait though.

Back