• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any way to keep villagers/preventing villagers from moving?

Marisska

Bells
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I don't know it this has already been posted, but I was wondering if there is a way to prevent villagers from moving as there is in ACNL or in ACWW.

If your tt, I believe the best way is to make sure you walk around the villagers you want to keep/not keep to see pings. I also found out from somewhere not sure if its true or not but if you don't talk to villagers when they first move in, they wont ping you when they are moving. I'll try looking through my history if you want :D

If I remember correctly I don't think there was a way to stop villagers from moving out on the GameCube version. I think the game was intended to be that way so you would get to meet lots of new faces.

If your tt, I believe the best way is to make sure you walk around the villagers you want to keep/not keep to see pings. I also found out from somewhere not sure if its true or not but if you don't talk to villagers when they first move in, they wont ping you when they are moving. I'll try looking through my history if you want :D

Aw, ok, thanks for the info! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I remember correctly I don't think there was a way to stop villagers from moving out on the GameCube version. I think the game was intended to be that way so you would get to meet lots of new faces.

ahh, that's too bad! I just read that if you don't talk to the newest villager, there's a 95% chance that it'll move and be replaced by a villager of the same characteristics.

Back