• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any unpopular/ugly villagers that you personally like?

I didn't even know of his existence before Pocket Camp actually, but Raddle has quickly become one of my favs. I think the frogs in general are super cute because of how small they are, and I love his little face mask. I'm kinda surprised he isn't at least a little more popular given how prevalent the whole "creepy hospital/medical horror" theme is.

Roscoe has also grown on me, with his big spooky red eyes.

I thought so too; Raddle would make a great "Mad Doctor" for a horror or monster-themed town! You could set him up a room with all the cool machines and science lab necessities.

Hehe...I got really attached to Roscoe as well, after interacting with him a lot in Pocket Camp. He's never allowed to leave my New Leaf Town. :}

Last edited:
I will just show you instead of trying to convince you with words. This is the best villager, I don't care what everyone says.
wendy-864aefbba43daaa8818b25fad9e9d62d6583fdf1bb8cb0a34e65cf9690340fcd.png

According to the tier list of this forum Soleil is pretty unpopular, and i love her...

apparently, Queenie is a tier 6 villager. I really like queenie. her design is cool and she's one of the only ostrich villagers I like

Bree isn't very popular, neither is Deirdre. But I believe they're both pretty cute, and I'm planning on keeping them in my town for a long while. Hooray for unpopular cuteness!

Bree isn't very popular, neither is Deirdre. But I believe they're both pretty cute, and I'm planning on keeping them in my town for a long while. Hooray for unpopular cuteness!
Bree is such a cutie ugh i love her

i've started to like Scoot and he's become one of my dreamies. i'm not sure if he's popular or not, but i know some people who think he's ugly

I really like biskit. Last I checked he wasn’t popular

I said it once and I will continue to say it, J A M B E T T E! She's so unique, cute and funny how do y'all not like her omg!!!
I mean, it's better this way. I like to like villagers that aren't popular, it's funny.
But for real she's adorable guys D:

I really like Rasher. I don't know how popular he is but I know some people think he's ugly because of the scars. I think his grumpiness is endearing. lol! Plus I have scars so I feel a certain attachment to him.

The first time I ever got Dotty in my town, I instantly liked Dotty. At first I thought she was a Tier 1, but I’m kind of surprised that she’s in Tier 4. I do feel the dream villagers I decided are weird choices, but I like a variety of villagers and personalities rather than having all villagers of the same personality or species.

The first time I ever got Dotty in my town, I instantly liked Dotty. At first I thought she was a Tier 1, but I’m kind of surprised that she’s in Tier 4. I do feel the dream villagers I decided are weird choices, but I like a variety of villagers and personalities rather than having all villagers of the same personality or species.

i adore Dotty she's lovely!! i had her in my town in WW and she has a very special place in my heart ^^

?Welcome amiibo,? established in November 2016, change this part of ?Animal Crossing: New Leaf? for me. It probably did that for so many, too.

I stopped looking at any threads, here on The Bell Tree Forums, about which villagers are popular or unpopular?the rankings.

I was more into the lists in 2013 and 2014. Perhaps some of 2015. I had my third town, Foster, established in 2015. (I started it in the first quarter, perhaps January.) I had my own motivations for choosing which villagers to have in my towns that went beyond my first three. (Applewin, ACNLpics, and Foster have been listed in my signature for years. Since April, I have added three more: Keystone, Koopie, and Beauty.)

I am at a point in which I create and build a town, just to see how nice it can be, and to have a combination of villagers who are a good experience for me the player.

Last edited:
My fav girl Tutu! I was friends with her back in CF, and idk why but that polar bear has had my heart ever since. I'm so glad she lives in Treehut now after I saved her from my old town (now sold to Nook).

Well, I don't consider either of them ugly, but I know they are unpopular. Grizzly and Anicotti are my two favorite villagers from all the way back in the GameCube days. I have Grizzly in my New Leaf town now and I'm planning to add Anicotti soon.

I love a lot of the less popular villagers. I think they're all special in their own way.

I have bertha, tabby, poncho and hazel and i love them all very much! bertha is the first normal villager i actually got attached to so i think she's pretty special? and her eyeliner game is on point! and hazel is so cute i love her unibrow it makes her facial expressions look unique! poncho is my homie he's great i love being buddies with him he cheers me up so much

At first glance when I read about the snooty, cranky, and uchi personalities for villagers, I thought that they'd be terrible villagers, but I was completely wrong. When I owned Gamecube Animal Crossing, the memory card I was using was a used one, and had an unknown town on the B memory slot, so I checked it out. The town's name was Sunville, and ever since that, all of my Animal Crossing towns would be named Sunville.

In the town, there were four cranky and snooty villagers, those being Chief, Fang, Freya, and Whitney. And ever since meeting those villagers, I instantly liked them still to this day, but mainly Chief, and it proved my initial thoughts about snooty and crank villagers completely wrong.

I see some people say they don't like Hans, but I absolutely LOVE him (and I was never a fan of the gorillas).

Super unpopular opinion, but I really like Limberg!! In fact, a lot of the mice aren't popular but some of them are actually really cute. Not saying Limberg is "cute" but...idk he grew on me lol. There's a lot of really cute low tier villagers, but I feel a lot of the unpopular ones are linked to species. Like chickens and ant eaters aren't really that popular... but deer are super sought out. I also really like the villagers with worried looking faces... like Pudge and Benjamin!

Back