Pink Hybrid Tulip
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Purple Violet
White Pansy
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
I have seen threads before asking what kind of theme you would like your town to be, but that was always under the assumption that we were dealing with a traditional Animal Crossing town, rather than an island. Now that we know this important detail, has it changed any plans you may have for your town's theme?

It really depends on what kind of items they have available, but right now I'm considering doing an arctic theme. I tried doing that in my New Leaf town Taiga but probably will never finish it. Lots of pine and birch trees (assuming birch trees are in this game). Of course, this could definitely change in the future as I get some spontaneous new idea for my town.

It depends, as you said! I usually go for cutesy pink towns, but something about a relaxed tropical island with neutral earth tones is what I'm thinking of doing!

I hope there are still PWP's, then it would be easier to pick a theme.

I'd like a tropical or an old western theme.

Now that we can put furniture outside, I think a Halloween or victorian themed town is evermore so possible!

I think I pretty much want to go with a luxurious garden theme. As opposed to the end picture with a complete path, with garden esque material. But more elegant with white bricks if able.

Nah I go with the flow when it comes to Animal Crossing, I just put down whatever I like :p

I want to see what sort of options we have before deciding what to do with my town, and I'll probably start pretty casually so I can figure things out first.

For what we know presently, I'm planning a very natural town. Not too much furniture outside, and a lot of flowers and trees. Probably a good amount of the wild grass/weeds as well, haha ~

i'll probably go for a very natural feeling forest-y town! i've always wanted to have a town that felt like the one from the ac movie, i really hope i can do this in new horizons (i have high hopes)!

Now that's it's an island, I feel very limited and constricted to somethin that matches an island vibe. For now I'll have to play pretty casually while still allowing room for a theme, which honeslty I find really hard. I can't even think of a town name now!

Kinda try to make a little suburbia like town, now that you can make paths, having a yard and such.
That one part when the character is walking to the beach together with the other characters before
the logo shows up inspired me to this theme.

Everyone?s ideas sound great! I haven?t put much thought into it yet but I?m thinking a cosy, relaxed tropical resort sort of feeling? similar to Disney?s Aulani Resort if people know of it

I want mine to be garden themed and elegant, though that may change as more information becomes available!

I want the town to have stages and work through it slowly, so I don't really have a specific theme in mind. With how much freedom we were shown in treehouse with furniture placement outside, I'm probably gonna go with a deserted island/survival theme in the beginning until I can slowly build the town into it's full glory :>

Edit: Oops, I thought this was the island name thread.
I'm probably going to just turn the island into whatever I feel like instead of sticking with a theme.

Last edited:
I'll probably just go for a cozy natural, kinda tropical island-ish theme. Veyr original I know but I've been wanting to do this for a while in New Leaf, and well, now's a good occasion I think.

I don't have a theme yet. Depends on the furniture we get. Also know we can grab the items and place them anywhere that means no more waiting or paying. We are not limited at all and that is great but also it gives you the option to change your town soooo often. I don't think I can stick with one theme. I will try out many things and will keep my favorit areas.

Last edited:
No theme yet, and I'm not sure if my town will have a set theme this time around. I'm more excited to decorate for seasons and holidays.

I'm going to have to see what kind of options we have first :p

I'll do everything within my power to make myself forget it's an island! XD

I am a mountain gal, hence why I loved the cliffs in previous AC games, including the cliffs by the beach (I miss them already lol).
In NL I always pretended my town is on a mountain/really high up.
So... yeah, I'm going to have to figure something out. But we have plenty of time, ha.

Back