• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any guesses which theme will rise to popularity with the 2.0 update?

I can see Japanese theme islands being popular as ever with bamboo fencing, the new torii gate, all the new Japanese food, etc.

Kidcore theme benefits a lot from new toys being added, froggy chair, the patchwork set, the new colour options on the fencing, etc.

If I had to guess I feel like everyone is immediately going to make massive farms, and then in a few weeks/months we will start to see a lot more varied themes.

I can see Japanese theme islands being popular as ever with bamboo fencing, the new torii gate, all the new Japanese food, etc.

i'm doing a feudel japanese island, based on the switch game ''okami'' for my 2nd island when i get my 2nd switch & i'm gonna need a few of that new torii gate ^^

Farmcore for sure will be one of the biggest styles with all the crops you can get soon but also I reckon forestcore will also be popular with the new massive vines. I am most likely looking to make my island forest themed/styled as soon as I saw the vines I knew I wanted them on my island.

I think fairycore will be the most popular as when i was playing 90% of the towns i used to visit had a house on their map fairycore style

Farmcore/Cottagecore, Japancore but I think they are already really popular. I will go with a ancient greece theme I guess

There seems to be a lot of new fun children's items, so maybe kiddie.

Hopefully with the return of some robo/science items, we'll see more futuristic or sci fi islands.

I think fairy and cottage/rustic themes will still be top, though.

If I can have my house look like a castle, then I'm going to go for fairy-tale-core theme. I would also like to be able to make my house look more Japanese. Right now I have an island with all Japanese/Zen-housed villagers and I'd like my home to match better.

I also wish the game included more Zen furniture since my villagers all use the same furniture pieces. A lot of bamboo hearths, modern shoji walls, zen cushions. I guess it makes sense since Zen style is kind of minimalist though.

Maybe I'm just an older millennial, but can someone explain why everything has to end in -core? :LOL:
Like, "this is my fairycore island" as opposed to "this is my fairy island"? And etc.

As for my actual answer to the question-- I don't think new themes will necessarily arise, just the ability to expand on them with new items. But I think rustic themed islands will stay in the lead especially with the new items, almost all the dream codes I see are somewhat rustic and rural.

Back