• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any guesses which theme will rise to popularity with the 2.0 update?

moon_child

Bells
Switch
8504-1149-2028
From normalcore (?) to Asian to cottagecore and fairycore to junglecore and tropicore to kidcore and elegantcore to sleepy rural towns and citycore to autumncore we’ve seen plenty of trends of the most popular island themes come and go as we’ve played over a year of ACNH. Design paths have evolved from the famous THE PATH to the more slightly modern pavings of diagonal roads and cul de sacs. I myself just recently reset and was thinking of doing something more towards a more developed city kind of concept because my old island used to be fairycore but after the direct, I’m reconsidering that idea because of the vines and the glowing weeds thing and gazebos and stuff that would suit a more natural island aesthetic…

So with all of the new stuff coming with version 2.0, what kind of theme do you guys think will become the next big thing? Or which existing theme will benefit the most from the update when it comes to new stuff available? Have you made changes to your own island’s theme in preparation for this update?

Apart from farmcore for obvious reasons, probably fairy core and any other variation that has theme park in it (as we are getting a lot of theme park things) and maybe more small town-ish things with the train and stuff.

farmcore because of the crops definitely, but i also hope to see more colorful/kidcore islands with the new nook mile items like the ferris wheel, balloon wagon, teacup ride, etc...

Don’t need to be Katrina to see a lot of farms and jungles in our future.

I definitely think farmcore because of the crops. We might see more jungles because of all the plants. I personally like that we have cactuses now.

Honestly could be anything, but it seems like a lot of people are excited about farming and a lot of people already liked cottagecore so yeah probably a rustic, natural look

Farm core i am thinking or also maybe like ruin city like lust in vegetable and plants and like ancient city still jungle wise i also think cause i saw some pretty cool furniture for that

Last edited:
I think it'll be Farmcore and Cottagecore to begin with and then once more furniture is unlocked via HHP it'll change depending on what the rest of the furniture collections are. I can see Elegantcore really taking off from some of the furniture that was teased in the AC Direct last week.

i agree with a lot of the posts here, i think rustic/natural aesthetics will become the most popular (if they weren't already). the new crops will fit will into those themes and they're the easiest to mix-and-match with paths and furniture. ESPECIALLY cuz the overwhelming majority of furniture looks very woodsy and natural!

Back