• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

I'm struggling to see how a lot of old features/characters will be incorporated into this game. I'll list some out,

1. Dr. Shrunk
2. Museum
3. GracieGrace
4. Mayor
5. The Nook/Nookling stores, you can see the Nooklings in Tom's craft store in the trailer.
6. ANYTHING else that was on main street.

Maybe it will be the opposite of New Leaf where you'll have to get on Kapp'n's boat in order to get to the mainland and Main Street instead of the island.

if they actually end up delaying, a march/april release next year

yay, I was right for my delayed guess

hearing actual english dialogue is weird af, though I suppose they actually had a human doing the announcement for the plane

really loving the soft and warm look of this

also yay, we can finally make dirt paths (and really hope this means they dropped grass deterioration)

SO MUCH FURNITURE OUTSIDE THIS TOWN/ISLAND RATING IS GONNA PLUMME- I mean, SO MANY DECORATIVE OPTIONS

plus looks like multiplayer is now eight people, though wonder if this is for both online and local or just local

no opinion on the crafting, that will depend wholly on how well it's handled. best case scenario, aside from maybe some items, it's just materials needed (no crafting time delay nonsense for most creations), and they can be reasonably obtained all on their own with some decent amount of effort

Last edited:
This is exactly what the series needed; A good swift kick to the butt and some innovation.

You want to decide everything in your town? This is how you get that.

Maybe it will be the opposite of New Leaf where you'll have to get on Kapp'n's boat in order to get to the mainland and Main Street instead of the island.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

This city may actually be back.

Last edited:
bro the map feels so blank no villager houses anywhere its just all trees lol

Yep, they really took 90% of it from pocket camp, guess they want you to spend more time grinding than actually playing and relaxing like in previous titles, still not 100% sold yet on it and at this rate I doubt I'll get a switch for it. But I'm gunna carry on watching and seeing what they reveal

MARCH 2020 ARE YOU ****TING ME I'VE WAITED SO LONG SO VERY LONG

Okay but...

tumblr_inline_psy1vuzCyT1rl65tx_540.jpg

Villagers now are able to just...Sitting on the ground.

oh yeah, I also laughed at nook footing you the bill at the end

ain't animal crossing without that nook debt

Last edited:
it honestly isnt as bad as everyone makes it to be. There is still the aspect of buying items if you dont want to craft them and pocket camp designs are the way of the future.

why are there only two neighbors? the animals in animal crossing are like the best part ;o;

Back