• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

So far I’m quite underwhelmed, but still open to changing my mind once we see more.
. . .
Speaking of things to see: for a moment I thought the character had salad piled on her head in the last shot, but alas, it was just a flower crown

I definitely think it's just another change that needs to get used to but I'm SO EXCITED, it's not at all too cutesy which is what I was worried about. Except maybe the text font... ehh

CaVGzPX.jpg

BACKPACKS FROM POCKET CAMP ARE IN THE GAME! I REPEAT

BACKPACKS ARE IN THE GAME

I'm struggling to see how a lot of old features/characters will be incorporated into this game. I'll list some out,

1. Dr. Shrunk
2. Museum
3. GracieGrace
4. Mayor
5. The Nook/Nookling stores, you can see the Nooklings in Tom's craft store in the trailer.
6. ANYTHING else that was on main street.

I just want to know if I can marry Kappn in this game and have human-kappa hybrid children

Can't wait to see it on treehouse because I really don't know how to feel about it so far and need reassuring! It looked odd to me - like way too zoomed in.
I hated PC so I hope it's not going too far in that direction, but if we really are building everything from scratch, including shops and other buildings, I guess it will incorporate aspects of Happy Homes. I hope it's not too much freedom and there's still some of the randomness of earlier games.

I didn?t think it was possible for me to hate an animal crossing game. But omg I absolutely hate it. It looks so bad! Even if they fix it graphically okay fine. But crafting? That?s not animal crossing. She dug up a tree and put it in her pocket. I hate it so much. I?m heartbroken.

I really really really doubt the crafting will be the be all and end all. I feel like you'll be able to buy some things and craft others. But I have to say I like that you can dig up trees because I imagine it just means you'll be able to move them without destroying them! I guess the axe is only for harvesting things from trees now which is fine by me.

I'm struggling to see how a lot of old features/characters will be incorporated into this game. I'll list some out,

1. Dr. Shrunk
2. Museum
3. GracieGrace
4. Mayor
5. The Nook/Nookling stores, you can see the Nooklings in Tom's craft store in the trailer.
6. ANYTHING else that was on main street.

Well i don't know what this game has in store but those can be incorporated into the island as you build up as do most other "survival/build your own world" games.

They can even visit your island by boat on random days.

Two questions:

1) Are we still the mayor?

2) Where's Isabelle?

Acnl looked so different from the first time they showed it to the release...so maybe there is still hope?

I watched the trailer a few times now. I am fan of build up from the ground games... I love them but AC wasn't one of them but I think I will learn to love it the way it is.

I will say this I do hope we have a house in that tent was just because that player was in the beginning. Also I really hope if you do craft things I hope it doesn?t take real time to craft and you just get it immediately because I hate games where it takes a few hours to get your item

I wonder how big the island is going to be and if you can not only create dirt paths but also lay down your own designed paths?
I also hope we won't have to craft everything from clothing to furniture like PC. Will there be shops?

Hopefully they'll explain more in treehouse.

I think it's interesting that we can actually throw items on the ground outside!!! No more pwp grinding? XD

It looks like outdoor furniture is now a reality. I was disheartened at first, but the more I examine it the more excited I get. I wonder if the backpacks will get storage functionality. Probly as you build the island, animals will move in, maybe even special characters with shops. I don't see why the old stuff can't come back.

Back