• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

Im hopeing we learn more

1. We still have houses yes?
2. Did we get new characters?
3. Where are the shops?
4. Maybe i missed it im at work & someone can explain the miles to me?

we still have houses. A lot of the treehouse and the gameplay from the trailer is from the very beginning but in the trailer we see villager houses and the player customizes the outside of their own home. There looks like there is one confirmed shop and that is tom nook’s little area. A big speculation from the fact that in the treehouse they were avoiding the airplane area and talking about it is we can travel to a big shopping area like city folks or in a lesser extent, new leaf. Another theory is that shops will be added later on when you start to develop the town

Looks good so far. Better than I was expecting in some ways. The only concern I have is the only concern I've had all along - I really don't want to see microtransactions or paid DLC. I'm more OK with paid DLC than microtransactions, but I would like them to minimize it. These videos did not make it clear if those things exist or not.

I think the thing that's throwing people off is the whole "island" aspect. This is not the same island that existed in previous games. It works the same way as your town did before. The main difference is it seems like you get to build the ENTIRE town from the ground up, as it was a deserted island when you first got there. In previous Animal Crossing games, they were already a partly established town, but now it's not. It's the only difference. Villagers with houses, you with a house, shops... those should all exist the same exact way. That's the feeling I got from those videos. You just need to get your town built up.

I am more excited after the treehouse event. But I have soooo many questions now!

The more I look at the map, the more obvious it is that your town isn't that different from before. The top part is rocky rather than beach, so will look like a regular town edge. Just one extra beach really.

Screenshot_20190611-133540.jpg

But what do you think the lighter green part is at the top? Maybe that'll become main street?

I hope so, because I don't like having to travel to a different place all the time.

I guess this demo map might be quite different from the final one.

The more I look at the map, the more obvious it is that your town isn't that different from before. The top part is rocky rather than beach, so will look like a regular town edge. Just one extra beach really.

View attachment 226310

But what do you think the lighter green part is at the top? Maybe that'll become main street?

I hope so, because I don't like having to travel to a different place all the time.

Makes me wonder how different a map can look like. I mean, pretty sure there will be something like
map resetting again in this game, as I doubt that everyone will have a same looking map. I guess the
light green part can become something like the main street. Meanwhile, I do wonder what part that
airplane has, like, if you can use it to travel to other islands (kinda like the bus from City Folk) and if
it's also the replacement of New Leaf's train station.

I think that's an elevated area, like in CF. I think you'll be able to choose where to build shops once you get more advanced though.

I really love how you can choose which hemisphere you are on now, so people can play within their season.

Also animals in dresses and long sleeves? Sheep villagers in shirts? Different types of dresses? Sign me up. I'm really adoring the design of the game overall. Plus the hair looks so good.

This is too... DIY-based. At least by what we've seen. I'm gutted.

I don't think the whole game is going to be based on that. They already said that you will have the option between buying items regularly and crafting them.

They had limited time for their presentation so to me it just looks like they focused on that aspect of the game because it is new.

I’m kind of worried they might hold back on new furniture in this game to keep people playing pocket camp. Idk, i just hope this game has everything even if that means that pocket camp loses its appeal... but from a business standpoint I doubt they will want to lose all the $$ from the micro transactions in PC. I love PC but I can’t really see myself playing it when the Switch one comes out unless there’s some sort of integration between the two.

I’m kind of worried they might hold back on new furniture in this game to keep people playing pocket camp. Idk, i just hope this game has everything even if that means that pocket camp loses its appeal... but from a business standpoint I doubt they will want to lose all the $$ from the micro transactions in PC. I love PC but I can’t really see myself playing it when the Switch one comes out unless there’s some sort of integration between the two.

Let's hope the intergration between the two isn't microtransactions on the switch game. If they're pricing this game the same as most of their titles, in the $60 range, they're still benefiting even if people stop playing pocket camp. I know several people who do not spend any $$ in the app but will definitely pick up 1 or 2 copies of the game. Seeing as how ACNL sold over 12 million copies during it's life, I'm sure nintendo will be making much more with New Horizons than PC.

Last edited:
https://kotaku.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-will-let-you-decorate-the-1835421595

"Kotaku followed up with Nintendo after its Nintendo Direct presentation, and the company confirmed that you will be able to select your character’s skin tone in the game."

And there it is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd be more worried about "hey you can buy a package of hardwood and softwood and sticks for $5.99"

https://kotaku.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-will-let-you-decorate-the-1835421595

"Kotaku followed up with Nintendo after its Nintendo Direct presentation, and the company confirmed that you will be able to select your character’s skin tone in the game."

And there it is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd be more worried about "hey you can buy a package of hardwood and softwood and sticks for $5.99"

Id say this type of stuff is HIGHLY unlikely. Nintendo hasnt put microtransactions on any of their flagship games and especially seeing how they feel about microtransactions (they don’t really care for them too much) it would be pr suicide to put some in a 60 dollar game.

link for nintendo’s thoughts on MT: https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku...ning-down-micro-transactions-i-1833100622/amp

I did notice too that we still can't put campfires out during the day. They just burn forever.

And the orb hands are back as well.

Whatever. I just want to play it already!

as much as i want to choose skin tone, i liked being able to tan. it felt natural to tan. i hope they still implement tanning, but when the tan wears off, your skin tone goes back to what you originally chose

Yeah I meant the bonfire not the campfire.

I was likely jumping to conclusion. I don't know a thing. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Found this video. I think it was just posted to YouTube. Apologizes if it was posted here already.

I think this was a bit more detail. I think. I don't know.

Last edited:
Back