Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I know we can customize the interior of the villager homes, but can we customize their exteriors? I don’t remember if that was mentioned. Can anyone clarify?

I still have three of my original villagers - Mira, Cranston, and Audie - and of them Cranston bothers me the most because his imperial furniture’s so cool and the dirt floor is… not. Audie’s beach stuff is really fitting for her, but I can live with the loft bed and wooden-block stuff too, and I don’t have a super strong preference on Mira’s. (Once I can redo hers, I might make her room into as much of a Sailor V reference as I can.) But I got him randomly and he was one of my villagers from New Leaf, and a favorite there, so I haven’t been willing to move him out and Amiibo him back in yet. Now I don’t have to!

I know we can customize the interior of the villager homes, but can we customize their exteriors? I don’t remember if that was mentioned. Can anyone clarify?

I would say it is very possible, but don't set any expectations. The Direct does say some features are unavailable when remodeling island residents' homes, such as the interior room's size.

I think everything looks so beautiful uwu
i really want to have this game!

I guess I'll be one of the few complainers on this thread- please dont mind me ;v;

I really want to love everything they announced but the fact that its the *last* major update means that my dreams of them making the island more enjoyable in day to day life is crushed. I love the new furniture and new villagers and all the new features, it's all amazing. But I just wanted uh... More villager dialogues? They feel really shallow. I don't even talk to them anymore bc its not as quirky or entertaining as they used to be. I was hoping they'd bring back more furniture from the previous games, more items from the previous games.

I would say it is very possible, but don't set any expectations. The Direct does say some features are unavailable when remodeling island residents' homes, such as the interior room's size.
That’s too bad you can’t change their room size. I would have liked to give them some more space.

I guess I'll be one of the few complainers on this thread- please dont mind me ;v;

I really want to love everything they announced but the fact that its the *last* major update means that my dreams of them making the island more enjoyable in day to day life is crushed. I love the new furniture and new villagers and all the new features, it's all amazing. But I just wanted uh... More villager dialogues? They feel really shallow. I don't even talk to them anymore bc its not as quirky or entertaining as they used to be. I was hoping they'd bring back more furniture from the previous games, more items from the previous games.

Hey, don't forget that they've only shown us a very small portion of what's to come-- you can't fit everything into 20 minutes even tho it seemed like a lot anyway. Most updates always have surprises that aren't in the teaser videos. It seems like a lot of the furniture will be sold in the nooklings shop, ("some furniture never seen before" says to me furniture that comes from previous games since the Amazing Machine they used as an example is in New Leaf), and the HHP DLC seems to be adding a lot of the old sets. However, the way it worked in HHD was that each new house you remodeled unlocked new furniture, so I think even if you didn't see your favorite set in the direct, there's bound to be some villager that unlocks whatever you're looking for and more, since a lot of those items seemed to be straight from Pocket Camp/entirely new.

Don't lose hope!! We may still get more villager dialogue in a future minor update. And there is definitely furniture from previous games incoming (rococo and sleek, among others), just not as much as we'd like to see. Maybe they'll release more of the older furniture in minor updates! ^^

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think they will ever insert more villager dialogue. Ever since NL, the series has focused more on customization and decorating a pretty town I feel like. I feel like there's a reason the Gamecube game has the most dialogue - it also has the least to do as far as customization goes. I've also been involved with some video game stuff (mostly modding for Stardew Valley) and writing dialogue takes a surprisingly long amount of time, especially when you have to deal with translating into multiple languages like Nintendo does. It's actually going to be easier to design new furniture and insert it in than create more dialogue for them.

From what I can tell though, this update is going to have a LOT of furniture/items brought back from previous games, so at least that wish of yours is coming true.

I'm watching YouTuber's reactions to this new update and I have to say there is a lot of screaming, particularly from the female YouTubers. There is a lot of cursing from the males.

And the majority of the screaming and cursing are around the parts where Kapp'n is shown, the cooking and Harv's Island.

I feel like there's a reason the Gamecube game has the most dialogue - it also has the least to do as far as customization goes.
This. I think the current games have been focusing more on the customization aspect with the additions of crafting and terraforming. Currently, villager dialogue is just secondary to the main point of the game. I honestly believe Nintendo wants the point of the game to be creating and building, not talking to villagers. Villagers are just there, it seems. They inhabit your creations. They’re not there to entertain.

I'm watching YouTuber's reactions to this new update and I have to say there is a lot of screaming, particularly from the female YouTubers. There is a lot of cursing from the males.

And the majority of the screaming and cursing are around the parts where Kapp'n is shown, the cooking and Harv's Island.
I watched a few last night and was laughing at their reactions, especially when the Froggy Chair was revealed. I won’t lie though it got me excited for the game all over again and the thought of new content from my favourite YouTuber’s in the coming weeks. 😂

Wow.

...That's really all I have to say!

I did not expect that 2.0 is going to be so huge. This beats out NL's Welcome Amiibo update out of the water! I'm hoping that we'll be getting a lot - and I repeat, a lot - more furniture. I'm genuinely excited for 2.0, as sad as I am that this may be the last 'major' update ... whatever that may mean.

I'm a little unsure about HHP being paid DLC, but the amount of content i'd think justifies the 25 price tag ... plus, I know it'll make me happy! Definitely going to be preorder the DLC first day it becomes available.

Wow.

...That's really all I have to say!

I did not expect that 2.0 is going to be so huge. This beats out NL's Welcome Amiibo update out of the water! I'm hoping that we'll be getting a lot - and I repeat, a lot - more furniture. I'm genuinely excited for 2.0, as sad as I am that this may be the last 'major' update ... whatever that may mean.

I'm a little unsure about HHP being paid DLC, but the amount of content i'd think justifies the 25 price tag ... plus, I know it'll make me happy! Definitely going to be preorder the DLC first day it becomes available.

The developers really just came up and pretty much completed the game, plus so much more. And on top of this, we're getting a paid DLC add-on to the existing game that will have A LOT of returning furniture we can take back to our main island on top of new features to use back on our island as well.

The developers really just came up and pretty much completed the game, plus so much more. And on top of this, we're getting a paid DLC add-on to the existing game that will have A LOT of returning furniture we can take back to our main island on top of new features to use back on our island as well.

Of course, but i'm wondering what future updates'll be like beyond this: i'm assuming bug fixes and maybe small QoLs. I guess it just feels weird that this'll be the last major update for the game after only being out for 1.5 years? I guess a certain ... cough, cough, didn't help things, but still. I'm very optimistic that we'll get some hidden features they didn't show in the direct.

Of course, but i'm wondering what future updates'll be like beyond this: i'm assuming bug fixes and maybe small QoLs. I guess it just feels weird that this'll be the last major update for the game after only being out for 1.5 years? I guess a certain ... cough, cough, didn't help things, but still. I'm very optimistic that we'll get some hidden features they didn't show in the direct.

Last major content update. They can still continue to add small updates throughout the coming years; new items, furniture, etc.

Version 2.0 is basically developed to be one massive content drop to tie us over for the months to come.
Post automatically merged:

I just had a thought about Happy Home Paradise:

What if we can invite vacationers to our island after a while?

Last edited:
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think they will ever insert more villager dialogue. Ever since NL, the series has focused more on customization and decorating a pretty town I feel like. I feel like there's a reason the Gamecube game has the most dialogue - it also has the least to do as far as customization goes. I've also been involved with some video game stuff (mostly modding for Stardew Valley) and writing dialogue takes a surprisingly long amount of time, especially when you have to deal with translating into multiple languages like Nintendo does. It's actually going to be easier to design new furniture and insert it in than create more dialogue for them.

From what I can tell though, this update is going to have a LOT of furniture/items brought back from previous games, so at least that wish of yours is coming true.

Yeah I realized that but I was still hoping for it y'know? It's just a feature I rly liked and it's sad that this is the route theyve chosen. I do love the way they let us decorate and customize basically everything, and the texture for the items, so the expansion is definitely not bad at all. Just a little wishful thinking.

I do have a couple questions about the Happy Home Paradise DLC lingering at the back of my mind that might be good to discuss;

1. Will we be able to change the interior room sizes in our home on our island? If we can add "learned techniques" like partition walls, then I really hope we can customise each room's size too!

2. Is all of the furntiure in Happy Home Paradise available to have on our actual island? I mean like all of the specific items used in the facility buildings like the lockers in the school or the medical equipment in the hospital? I really really hope so.

Either way, the DLC and the update both look fantastic, and will bring me back into the game full-force. I feel like they have doubled, or maybe even tripled the playability of the game for me

Back