Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

Agreed. The problem is, I feel increasing the room sizes is something Tom Nook would make you pay for, and then wait a day.
It was like that in New Leaf where if you wanted to expand your room size in your home it would cost a lot of bells to do that. I have a feeling since this new update seems to be focusing a lot on the new paid Update it would be possible if Tom Nook can expand our homes again. I mean we already know we can increase our storage up to 5,000 so why not let us expand the rooms in our home especially the ones that are on the left, top, and right side of our home.

This was by FAR the greatest animal crossing direct of all time, so many new things to do in game.
Yeah. This is awesome! I’m most excited about the plaza. Tbh, I didn’t care about Brewster. (Sorry bud, it’s nothing personal) but the shops, wow, it’s all I wanted and more!

This was by FAR the greatest animal crossing direct of all time, so many new things to do in game.
I'm massively excited about every little bit! I was gushing just as much during this direct as with the initial reveal trailer for the game itself!

On villager dialogue - having periodically but continually run into new dialogue that I only seem to get when my villagers are in their houses (for reasons which don’t make any clear sense to me, but there’s a lot in there,) I’m not sure they really have to add too much more - just changing the priorities so we don’t always get those first in the day outdoor ones and the like and then ‘wow you’ve been talking to me a lot!’ would probably have a big impact. (Except DIY dialogue, that is genuinely very limited by personality type.) There seems to be a ton of dialogue we just… don’t get that often.

On update size: On the one hand, probably fairly large. On the other hand, Nintendo are masters of data compression so there is hope. (Pokemon Sword and Shield were 10.3 GB or so, for reference.) Probably a good idea to get an SD card if you see one, though.

On update size: On the one hand, probably fairly large. On the other hand, Nintendo are masters of data compression so there is hope. (Pokemon Sword and Shield were 10.3 GB or so, for reference.) Probably a good idea to get an SD card if you see one, though.

Thank you, Iwata. RIP.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the NL WA update size because that included a lot of stuff. It was 2107 blocks. A 3DS block is apparently 128 KB, meaning that's about 270 MB of actual space (Nintendo, the block thing was dumb - I'm glad you left that behind). So my wild guess is that this will take up 1-2 GB at the very worst. But I imagine it will be under 1 GB.

So my wild guess is that this will take up 1-2 GB at the very worst. But I imagine it will be under 1 GB.
Wow. Wildly different than fortnite. Should I still get and SD card in case? I have a budget of 58USD so that should be enough to get both the dlc and the SD card.

So, I was super tired when I watched it yesterday, so I didn't get much from it.

I went back and rewatched it just now, and I AM SO EXCITED.

I think I am actually most excited for the paid happy home designer DLC. At first, I didn't really care about it, since I never really cared for the original HHD. THAT BEING SAID, when they brought up that you would be able to use the techniques (lighting, soundscapes, partition walls, etc.) in your home on your normal island, I literally started squealing. Plus, the fact that we will eventually be able to do stuff to the villager's homes on our normal islands has me so pumped!!!

I love the new crops and all but I've got a shred of hope that the tropical trees and flowers from NL return.

Doubtful. If they were coming, they would have most likely tried to sneak them in somewhere in the direct---either by directly mentioning it, or subtly having them in the background, like they did for some of the other new plants.

We didn’t catch much of the new plantlife except the farming, those vines, and some new bushes. Could be that’s part of the surprises.

(For that matter, still a pretty big question how much new furniture is coming. There are definitely some returning sets, but are we talking WA levels or bigger?)

I suspect we’ll hear exact file sizes closer to the release, but a week might not be enough to find SD cards given I’m pretty sure they’re caught up in the supply chain and chip shortage issues.

Doubtful. If they were coming, they would have most likely tried to sneak them in somewhere in the direct---either by directly mentioning it, or subtly having them in the background, like they did for some of the other new plants.
Yeah, my hopes aren't high for those. At least we get a new bush and some other goodies :>

Actually, I think they did
Post automatically merged:

Actually, I think they did
With Kapp’n. They said there’s be new flora.

I just realized, did anyone else notice palm trees can be planted on grass now and not just sand?

The cooking is in perfect time for Thanksgiving. I wonder if we will be able to bring our own dishes we want or is it still what Franklin wants.
I imagine it's still what Franklin wants, but that the recipes we need to get ingredients for will be changed now that we have a lot more ingredients that can be used. Possibly we could even be given the DIYs for the recipes he ends up cooking so we're able to cook them for ourselves afterwards.

I wanna buy the DLC right now. Come on, Nintendo, release it!

I imagine it's still what Franklin wants, but that the recipes we need to get ingredients for will be changed now that we have a lot more ingredients that can be used. Possibly we could even be given the DIYs for the recipes he ends up cooking so we're able to cook them for ourselves afterwards.

I hope we will be able to make them afterward. Holiday exclusive dishes. Yes please.

Is anyone else hoping that they'll let us use the path-laying feature/tool from the Happy Home DLC in the main game? Manually laying paths can be kind of tedious and it would be amazing to have that feature on my main island!

I did notice a "pro construction license" when they showed the nook terminal in the direct, so I have my hopes up that it'll give us access to a drag-and-drop decorating mode for the outside like they have in HHD/HHP.

I hope I can pre order the physical copy of ACNH DLC on Amazon.. My switch can't hold anymore digital games

I don't think so sadly.

Oh darn! That reminds me I need to clean up my game storage. Acnh is the only digital game I have on it but I'm out of space already.

Thankfully I have a couple of micro SD cards on standby.

Back