Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I can't wait to see the new furniture as well! 😄 Did I see the Rococo furniture in the Direct? I don't know if it was wishful thinking.. cuz I didn't even notice the Froggie Chair until my 2nd viewing.

I'm disappointed by no crossover villagers. Honestly that's the one big thing they missed in the Direct for me. At least now with the paid DLC I can finally remove the ugly boxes in Dobie's house.

Is it safe to assume these new villagers are being added to the general pool since they aren't a collab like Sanrio? So if I go to an island they have a chance of showing?

Curious if there's actually another Nook's Cranny upgrade but it's a secret addition they haven't announced.

Is it safe to assume these new villagers are being added to the general pool since they aren't a collab like Sanrio? So if I go to an island they have a chance of showing?

I sure hope so. I was wondering the same thing... because I'm sure the new Series 5 Amiibo cards are going to be super difficult to obtain.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Deluxe) for 2028
LOL. That honestly begs the question for what kind of setting/theme they would pick next...?

I suspect this is because multiplayer games are being added to the islands Kapp'n takes you to. The direct said that these were the last *major* updates, so I bet multiplayer games will be a free update next summer or something.
Omg, I really hope you're right; implementing multiplayer games and activities in the summer would be perfect! I'm still holding out for any QOL updates and other 'minor' improvements as free content.

I'm speechless. This really was the perfect update. I'm seriously considering starting a new game just so I can start from scratch again, which is something because I finally got my ultimate dreamie several weeks ago. I can't even make a list of how many things I liked from this Direct because everything was great and much needed. One thing I will mention is that we finally get more villagers! I'm going to order those amiibo cards because Shino is already a fave.

I am extremely satisfied with all we are getting but is anyone else surprised by the lack of mini games with friends?
I almost wonder if they will be in there but they just forgot to add them to the direct. Seems weird they'd give us pretty much everything except those?

But can we bulk order NMTs please... I'm excited for the new villagers. I have so many Nook Miles saved up, but hate spending so much time individually ordering 1 NMT each time. I was waiting for this quality of life update to redeem NMTs easier. 🤨

They've really listened to fans thus far, and they said updates were still coming (just nothing major like this one again) so I think there's definitely time for more QOL updates!

They've really listened to fans thus far, and they said updates were still coming (just nothing major like this one again) so I think there's definitely time for more QOL updates!

I sure darn hope so... it's very much needed.

Can't believe I have to wait til the 5th for this!!!!! It's so much! I'll have to watch it again when I get home from work. Glad I have a second switch, I might buy a second copy of the game to start a new island. Hmm

WHAT WHERE
IVE WATCHED BOTH VIDEOS TWICE AND STILL HAVENT NOTICED
Screenshot 2021-10-15 10.13.09 AM.png

Here it is.Deirdre and Mac are floating around on the water.

WHAT WHERE
IVE WATCHED BOTH VIDEOS TWICE AND STILL HAVENT NOTICED
I found it! I don't think this confirms interactive furniture (like PC) unfortunately as it's in the HHD section, I think it's one of those preset activities that villagers will do on the beach but still really cute!
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.15.27 PM.png

The few things I’m sad aren’t included:
- Store upgrade
- Gracie
- Hide and seek.

But honestly, I can’t tell what they mean by significant updates. Maybe they can add thse anyway!

I never thought that they would ever bring Harriet back. Yet, they did. Its very possible that Gracie and a store upgrade could happen. But, like the Direct said, this next update is the last free update so any more additions would be paid DLC. Which I'm totally ok with btw.

Back