Am I the only one who doesn't use Amiibo?

To be honest, I only updated to WA because i had read that villagers don't move on paths anymore. but like I said previously I'm not interested in Amiibo. I didn't even know what Amiibo was until like 5 months ago.

Honestly I thought and still think amiibos was just another way for Nintendo to squeeze out money from fans. But I do like that it has made getting your dream villagers easier nowadays.

Honestly I thought and still think amiibos was just another way for Nintendo to squeeze out money from fans.

No, it's true. It's a money grab. Just like the Switch but I digress. Sorry I'm bitter towards the Switch because it's threatening the 3DS

I don't use Amiibos either, but that's because I can't. I have the older version of the 3Ds, and none of the stores near me have the Amiibo reader near me. I'm honestly fine with not using them since there are so many nice people online who are willing to help people out with obtaining their dreamies, but if I had the chance, I would definitely use Amiibos.

A few months ago, I had some amiibo cards and also figures, however, I sold them later, as I was
not interested in them anymore. I mostly bought them because of the Welcome amiibo update, as
I wanted Wolf Link, the Sanrio villagers etc. in my town. So I bought a Zelda amiibo, the Sanrio cards
and so on. On the one site, it was nice to have all these villagers in the town, on the other site, the
fact that you're forced to buy the amiibo stuff just to get them sucks a lot. It also sucks when these
villagers almost never wanted to move out or that you have to replace them with a other amiibo villagers
to get them faster out of your town. After all, my experience by using amiibos wasn't that great for me
to keep using them.

i can't afford amiibos :/ i wish i could, but being a broke doggy mom makes it very hard to put money aside for frivolous things. man i wish i could, though!

I don't use Amiibos. I trade with people and mooch off of them to complete my catalog.

So far, so good. I only have like 300 and something more things to go.

Nah, I don't use amiibos either. Some seem like they're too hard to get, too expensive, or just nonexistent. I'm okay without trying to hunt them down. :p

I use amiibos 24/7 lol but you definitely arent the only one! It's a lot more simple without amiibos imo. Makes you work harder as well.

I don't have a card reader either, but if I ever get that new 2ds or a new 3ds (if I don't get the switch) I'll probably try and get some of my favorite villagers.

No, it's true. It's a money grab. Just like the Switch but I digress. Sorry I'm bitter towards the Switch because it's threatening the 3DS

I have to disagree with this. Maybe I'm biased bc I have a switch but I love the 3ds too. The 3ds is one of Nintendo's most successful systems. It came out in 2011 and they're still making new games for it, not to mention it's a cheaper alternative for those who can't afford a switch. It's inevitable that it will eventually become obsolete tho when they branch out and make a completely new handheld. That's what happens with all technology though honestly

I don't really make a habit out of using the amiibo cards to move villagers in - there's a few Welcome Amiibo ones I wanted and in my second town I have Cece & Viche, as well as Wolf Link, but on the whole I wasn't massively bothered about using them to move villagers in because I already had most of the villagers I wanted anyway.
I mainly seem to use my amiibo cards with HHD tbh!

I use the amiibo cards all the time, though I can understand why people don't want to spend money on them either. I mostly use them because I enjoy the new villagers like Ketchup, Jacob, Epona, etc., and my wifi is really bad so I can't get the items from other players. I think it's a decent investment if you enjoy the amiibos but I don't think they're necessary to enjoy the game :)

I personally don't like any amiibos. I'm just not a fan of collecting things like that, I kinda wish they'd offer all the bonuses as DLC instead. It would be a lot more accessible for people who can't get the amiibo, and Nintendo would get the same amount of money. That actually would be better for them, too, because they wouldn't have to spend the money making the amiibos. In fact, they could still make figures/cards and sell them separately from the DLC, as just merchandise. That would actually make them more money, and would make everyone happy because the figures and cards still exist, and the bonus amiibo stuff is more open to the people who don't want or can't get amiibo!

Back