• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Am I the only one who cannot seem to bring themselves to shake their bell trees?

NatsumiSummer

She/Her/hers
Bells
Switch
0264-3200-7642
I am probably just crazy in the head, but I like how they look, and I really wanna shake the bells from my bell trees... but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.. My island is literally littered with bell trees. (Check out my island... dream address is in my signature.) I have been wondering how many bells I have hanging on my bell trees. I know each them have 30,000 bells each, since I only ever plant 10,000 bells per bell tree... But I have lost count as to how many I do have xD

So I am sorta wondering, since I can guess I am probably alone in this, but... am I the only one who has a hoard of bell trees right now, and can't seem to bring themselves to shake them at all?

I haven't planted any bells in a long time but when I did, I always shook them down.

Maybe keeping some as decoration will help you shake down the remaining? I've been to islands that had rows of them near their island town hall.. thing.

I can't bring myself to do it either. I have only tried shaking a tree once when I needed some really fast bells for something I was trying to buy quickly, but it was surrounded by flowers so the bells didn't budge and I actually felt super relieved that the bells stayed intact.

A friend of mine got a bit carried away from planting decorative money trees and wound up with Isabelle complaining about being lost in the woods from the sheer amount of bell trees 😆
(I think even the glowing hole ceased to exist at some point, as if it was saying, 'Enough already!')
I've personally kept a few around on purpose on my own island.
Really, it's the only 'decorative' non-fruit tree we get these days, since the 'X-on-a-tree' was patched over an update or two ago.

..Short answer: no, you're not alone in this! :lemon:

I stopped planting them a while back. Mainly because planting some bells and then moving the tree to somewhere else. Then having to remove it after. It gets exhausting after a while for only a 30k return.
( could get the same amount for diving )

As for decoration, they’d look nice but I can’t bring myself to not shake them after. Money on trees and I feel really obligated to shake it down.

I still plant them on a daily basis. It's one way to steadily earn Bells on a daily basis. However, I can't bring myself to shake trees for acorns and pine cones though. :ROFLMAO:

I'm devastated that I accidentally shook a bell tree in my orchard last week. I replanted one elsewhere to grow to take its place, though! I'm not fond of shaking them either. Initially I had bell trees everywhere but I only ever just dig up the 1,000 bells now. Once you have millions of bells and nothing to spend them on it feels like a waste of room!

I have a few decorative bell trees mainly because I needed extra trees and I didn’t want to plant any new ones and they were in the process of growing lol but I haven’t been planting any new ones bc I don’t need the bells or new trees anymore

I haven't planted a bell tree in forever but I can see why it would be hard to shake them if you don't need the bells - they're nice to look at and the concept is so funny haha. I think keeping them for decoration is totally fine!

I actually don't have any because I don't really like how they look. I'm the same with with fruit trees though. I don't think I've shook them since the beginning of the game when I was desperate for bells.

In the famous words of Michael Jackson, you are not alone. I've never harvested the bells from my very first trees.

I only ever shake them if I need the bells, otherwise they stay on the tree. Maybe it's my rainy day bell tree fund lol

you’re not the only one! i don’t have many bell trees atm but i like how they look so i’ve been hesitant on shaking them aha ^_^

You aren't the only one lol. I almost lost it when my boyfriend had visited my island & decided to shake a bell tree. 😑

Bell trees weren't that profitable in New Leaf, so I only ever used them for decoration. Though I don't have any on my island right now I'm sure that habit will remain in New Horizons. Just feels wrong to shake them.

I've never shook my bell trees...but I have chopped them down. :V

I've been cutting down the bell tree that's fully grown daily and replacing it with the bell tree I got from the shining spot that day. Free bells is free bells.

Back