Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 46-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
Wow i feel old!!! Lol im 35 n i love video games ive been playing video games since Atari lol i hope theres more people my age here

My family's first video game system was the Atari 7800! Some of the games I can remember were Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, Centipede, Asteroids, and a couple others. :)

Hey, OP - even if there are mostly teens on the forum, you are definitely not old :) The first person to post in the 31 - 35 bracket! I'm 31. I love the series even though I probably don't have exactly the same sense of nostalgia that younger players may have for the AC games they grew up playing. One reason I like the series is because of its all-ages appeal. I like a lot of things such as cartoons that aren't strictly for kids or adults, but are appropriate for all.

I think my first nostalgia, was a old pc with floppies as a game, a black and white tv with an Atari. Animal Crossing, is something I played 12 years ago... So I would have been 10, looking back on being 10... I realise I do not even know what else I did then, games was all I had as I grew up though but not though as in enviroment, but on psychological terms.

So for me nintendo was the only friend I had, I mean Captain Olimar, and his army of Pikman, Link and all the others kept me kicking. :D

But I am quite surprised there's still a few old not yet tortimers, running. And I do agree, it goes for all ages.

Last edited:
I'm 19, turning 20 next month.
Surprised that there are members on this forum older than me, I was sort of worrying that I was too old for the forum :)

I'm 25 and bring my DS pretty much everywhere with me...my purse has the perfect little pocket for it. Sometimes I'll go grab a beer after work and play ACNL at the bar. No shame!

What I love about Nintendo is how it probably attracts more older consumers as opposed to attracting young ones. Kids these days are mostly interested in cod and gta, whereas the late teens/young adults are interested in everything Nintendo.

Sadly, this is true. A lot of the kids at my school talk about gta, which I thoink is really aggravating. Kids shouldn't be playing games about killing hookers and shooting bullets into people's heads. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE UNDER 16. It's EXTREMELY inappropriate and it makes me sick. I'm 12 (almost 13), and I'm completely content with playing Pok?mon and Animal Crossing. I'm sure it's much more fun than shooting guns.

Last edited:
I'm 22, 23 in a few weeks ! I discovered AC on the Game Cube when I was about 12 ... Since then I still love this game !

I'm 25 and bring my DS pretty much everywhere with me...my purse has the perfect little pocket for it. Sometimes I'll go grab a beer after work and play ACNL at the bar. No shame!

That is quite badass actually.

I'm 22, 23 in a few weeks ! I discovered AC on the Game Cube when I was about 12 ... Since then I still love this game !

Yay we went trough the same thing, I can't believe I played this when I was 12 time, a big hiatus in my younger years if I look back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sadly, this is true. A lot of the kids at my school talk about gta, which I thoink is really aggravating. Kids shouldn't be playing games about killing hookers and shooting bullets into people's heads. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE UNDER 16. It's EXTREMELY inappropriate and it makes me sick. I'm 12 (almost 13), and I'm completely content with playing Pok?mon and Animal Crossing. I'm sure it's much more fun than shooting guns.

I am 22, and many of the people speak about GTA still, and I always wonder if they really enjoy it. I played GTA the old one in 2d the first 3d gta, and a few others, but I always got bored. And I can tell you man, your completely right. Animal crossing is not only a game that is friendly for all ages, me and many older people still play. Animal crossing has it's charm, and it's also more fun then killing hookers in a game.

What I like about pokemon and such is that it's also a game with a lot of lessons in it. Wether it's playing a nuzlocke challenge and losing your favorite pokemon, or your favorite villager in animal crossing leaves, in such an regard Animal crossing and games like pokemon teach you some stuff. Whereas in GTA you just respawn lose some money, use some cheats or get a gun and go back to killing.

Keep enjoying the games you like, and don't worry, I've been playing pokemon since generation 1 when pidgeotto was my favorite pokemon, and I still whenever I play have a pidgey on my team most of the times. I like using Gen 1 pokemons, Alpha saphire and Omega Ruby are comming out I was your age at that time. But you don't want to know how hard it was to get a eon ticket or trade pokemons you needed link cables and all kinds of stuff. It was really annoying!!!

Last edited:
Yay we went trough the same thing, I can't believe I played this when I was 12 time, a big hiatus in my younger years if I look back.

Ahah it makes me smile when I'm remembering how it was !

This was my favorite place ahahah ! I loved pick up things the villagers didn't wanted anymore :)
images

I'm 19 but I voted 50+ so my vote will be accurate in 31 years

Ahah it makes me smile when I'm remembering how it was !

This was my favorite place ahahah ! I loved pick up things the villagers didn't wanted anymore :)
images

That and the lost and found was awesome!

21 represent.

The best part about (some) GTA and Cawadoody players: They think they're hardcore for having parents negligent enough to buy them babby's first M-rated games at the age of 10.

Personally, I find the people who turn an innocuous game like Animal Crossing into a perfect town pissing match are far more competitive than the average Dorito muncher.

Back