• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Advice On Maintaining Multiple Towns At Once

BabyPinkSnail

Bells
I'm interested in playing New Leaf, Wild World, and a little bit of New Horizons all at once, with the potential of me also playing Gamecube in the future as well. Is there any advice on how to properly balance my time to make sure I'm able to handle multiple towns at once? Or would it be best to just focus on one until I get burned out on it? Thanks!

As someone who plays these four games daily, I don't see why not. Your time might be divided between four games, instead of one, but it's hardly something I'd consider detrimental. This series is meant to be taken at your own pace, after all.

This was more of a motivational post than anything. I don't know your schedule (if you adhere to one), so I hope this is somewhat useful to you. I often take me 2DS with me to play the handhelds — a bit easier to do than with NH and the Switch. I mainly fiddle around New Horizons, just to see the stalk prices, the clothes at Able's and check in the ABD to earn NMT. For AFe+ (the localized version re-translated back into Japanese with added content not present in any other version of the game), I talk to some of villagers, scope out Nookington's, then I leave the game on for an inordinate amount of time, I guess. I don't spend too much time on these games, though. I got plenty of others to play, y'know?

Last edited:
I have played two New Leaf towns at the same time and made it work for a while. Eventually, my life became busier and I ended up retiring one of my towns, but I think it really depends on how much time you have to invest in the games and how you like to play.

I didn't start my second town until my first town was close to being 'complete', meaning I had it decorated the way I wanted, had everything unlocked and fully upgraded, and had most of the badges. I actually started the second town to keep me from feeling burnt out as I was mostly just grinding for badges in my main town. I'd check in with all of my villagers, stop anyone from moving, and work on badges for a little bit. But when I got bored of that, I could log into my second town and have fun progressing things there. I never played more than an hour and a half on any given day and split my time between the two towns quite successfully.

I think being in the beginning stages of multiple towns at the same time might be a bit overwhelming, but staggering them really worked for me. I would also suggest making using of the advantages in certain games. In New Horizons, you never have to worry about your villagers moving out without permission, so you could set that game aside for indefinite periods of time if you wanted to focus on the other games. New Leaf also has time frames for when a villager may leave. They give you at least 10 days, so you can check in once a week or so and still be fine as long as you stop the mover.

You could play the games on whatever sort of schedule works for you. Maybe you play only one game each day and rotate through them, or maybe you play one game during the week and one on the weekends. There are all sorts of ways you could distribute your time.

Back