• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

advice appreciated

pepperini

Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
White Pansy
Easter Egg
Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Tasty Cake
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
I know this should technically go under the resetting thread but I'd like a more immediate response because I'm really struggling here. It's less "should I reset" and more "I wonder if anyone else feels like this."
When you have a goal in mind for a town and you're close to achieving your dream town, do you ever feel the urge to just tear it all down? Like, you're extremely invested in the idea behind the town but the impulse is real? I have flare ups every so often when I want to reset my two year old town and start anew, even though there's nothing really wrong with it. In fact, this is my most successful town since I bought ACNL. So, the question is: does this happen to you a lot? do you have any advice for trying to keep a town going, or what the problem could be? I'm still debating whether or not to do it, but that's a personal choice. I just wonder what people do when they get bored with their town/stave off the urge to reset.
Thanks for reading and I really appreciate your input.

Rule No. 1: never make decisions when you're sad or angry.

If you reset, you'd regret it, especially if there's nothing actually bothering you about your town.

I definitely know this feeling. I've only had my town for 3 months, but even so. I'm very close to having all my dreamies and now I keep getting the urge to delete my town for no reason. I guess it's like when you're near a cliff and you get the urge to jump even though you have no reason or previous want to jump off of a cliff lmao. My advice would just be to keep your town. Two years of hard work destroyed on a whim? You'd 100% regret that imo.

Last edited:
Rule No. 1: never make decisions when you're sad or angry.

If you reset, you'd regret it, especially if there's nothing actually bothering you about your town.
Thank you for responding ;v; it's not that I'm sad or angry--it's just the intense impulse, which is actually why I reset two years ago.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I definitely know this feeling. I've only had my town for 3 months, but even so. I'm very close to having all my dreamies and now I keep getting the urge to delete my town for no reason. I guess it's like when you're near a cliff and you get the urge to jump even though you have no reason or previous want to jump off of a cliff lmao. My advice would just be to keep your town. Two years of hard work destroyed on a whim? You'd 100% regret that imo.

LOL yeah, it always seems to strike at a point where you wonder once you get your town looking nice you worry you'll have nothing to do. :,D

I do get this urge from time to time, and I'm not even near close to having my dreamtown xD I think it's because some of the villagers I really wanted weren't as good as I had painted them up to be.

I do get this urge from time to time, and I'm not even near close to having my dreamtown xD I think it's because some of the villagers I really wanted weren't as good as I had painted them up to be.

yeahhhhh...i definitely feel that, lol. i think i've made a decision to reset after evaluating the pros and cons because there are a lot better maps out there and i think the river makes my town too cluttered.

Yeah, the river (mostly the waterfall) was one of the reasons I reset too. Always make 110% sure before resetting :D

Yeah, the river (mostly the waterfall) was one of the reasons I reset too. Always make 110% sure before resetting :D

my map is closest to the left most bottom map of this picture except with a lot more turns in the river and a lake cojoined with it x___x it's pretty bad since it doesn't allow for a lot of room to work with so ye--also it's just the feeling of a clean slate, y'know? like now i know what to do i can make my new town even better.

I know the feeling, but I have four dreamies, three of which I got from some nice people on here. Heck, I've only had my town for a week or two, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I love it, but sometimes I want to rip it apart.

Back