• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
I read somewhere that each store receiving stock was supposed to receive around 72 packs. I forget the source, but that sounded high to me. That’s just because I have experience with Nintendo’s stocking. I was very lucky to get Mario 35 pin set 1, for example. That was a nightmare. 🙄

Edit: It was a tweet from NintenTalk. No idea where that info initially came from.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that each store receiving stock was supposed to receive around 72 packs. I forget the source, but that sounded high to me. That’s just because I have experience with Nintendo’s stocking. I was very lucky to get Mario 35 pin set 1, for example. That was a nightmare. 🙄

Edit: It was a tweet from NintenTalk. No idea where that info initially came from.
I hope it's true! If that's the case, each store would have enough for at least 36 people (assuming people don't make mutiple accounts and order more)!

I hope it's true! If that's the case, each store would have enough for at least 36 people (assuming people don't make mutiple accounts and order more)!
I hope so as well. I have many store options in my area so I would think if only a few of the stores actually had the cards, odds wouldn’t be impossible to get them. I’m skeptical though.

Speaking of furniture there is something you should know if you don't have the Sanrio cards. Once you pick up a Sanrio item from someone else who has it you cannot catalog it. You can still get the item but it will not be in your catalog. So if you want to order the Sanrio items, once again you need to have the Sanrio amiibo cards scanned so that way its registered in the catalog depending on which Sanrio villager you choose.
Thank you for letting me know :)

Thank goodness they will be limiting the packs to 2 per customer. That will help a lot but the demand will far outweigh the very limited supply. I'm going to make an alarm for 5:30am so I can be ready for the 6am release. o_O

Some tips I learned back when I was trying to get a PS5:
Make an account on Target.com ahead of time so all your information (shipping, payment) are already entered. That saves precious time during checkout. Also make sure you are actually logged into your account before the drop time. Use an Ethernet cable instead of Wifi if possible. Having a fast and stable internet connection helps to checkout quicker, but it's pretty likely the site will freeze at times due to high traffic.

So, I just want to get this straight. To order from Target on 3/26, you need to be online by 8:00 am Central time, buy the pack, and then pick it up from a local Target.

So the amiibo cards are definitely dropping at 8:00 am Central time, not 12 am, right?

So, I just want to get this straight. To order from Target on 3/26, you need to be online by 8:00 am Central time, buy the pack, and then pick it up from a local Target.

So the amiibo cards are definitely dropping at 8:00 am Central time, not 12 am, right?
Yes if we’re going by the time that’s included in the ad. I guess it doesn’t hurt to check in at midnight anyway, which is probably what I’ll do to be sure.

Yes if we’re going by the time that’s included in the ad. I guess it doesn’t hurt to check in at midnight anyway, which is probably what I’ll do to be sure.
I plan to as well, but from my experience Target usually sticks to their times. They did for a Finko release for Funko Fridays a few years ago, at least.

Thank goodness they will be limiting the packs to 2 per customer. That will help a lot but the demand will far outweigh the very limited supply. I'm going to make an alarm for 5:30am so I can be ready for the 6am release. o_O

Some tips I learned back when I was trying to get a PS5:
Make an account on Target.com ahead of time so all your information (shipping, payment) are already entered. That saves precious time during checkout. Also make sure you are actually logged into your account before the drop time. Use an Ethernet cable instead of Wifi if possible. Having a fast and stable internet connection helps to checkout quicker, but it's pretty likely the site will freeze at times due to high traffic.
if you hadn’t given the tip to make an account ahead of time and enter your payment infoI would have lost the chance to get these. I’d never have thought of that - thanks!

Anyone know if Target has ever had these 'buy online, pickup at store' things eventually allow for delivery as well? Because my nearest Target is over two hours and yeah, there's no way I can get there with no car so the announcement is kind of majorly devastating 😅😂 never bought from Target before so I was just curious on opinions of if shipping them. Might. become a thing LOL

Gonna try to get myself a pack on Friday. I've generally had good luck with getting things on release date at my local Target, but we'll see how it goes. I have no experience with the buying online and then picking it up for things that just came out. I usually just go and get it since my Target is close.

Anyone know if Target has ever had these 'buy online, pickup at store' things eventually allow for delivery as well? Because my nearest Target is over two hours and yeah, there's no way I can get there with no car so the announcement is kind of majorly devastating 😅😂 never bought from Target before so I was just curious on opinions of if shipping them. Might. become a thing LOL

Typically for store pickup related orders if you don't pick it up by x amount of time (it's usually a few days) then they will cancel your order. I guess it doesn't hurt to call the store and ask them if there's any way they can ship it to you. I don't know if they will or not, but the worst they can do is say no.

Just called my Target recently. Apparently not even the managers know if there are any cards in stock. Idk if I should just call a different one or not.

Just called my Target recently. Apparently not even the managers know if there are any cards in stock. Idk if I should just call a different one or not.
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know until it gets closer or day of. Honestly, I'd just wait and see. Any stores that receive stock will show "in stock" on the site on Friday for all of the stores in your area. Just make sure you have an account set up and your particular store set as your store. When you go to order them when they're posted, it will show other stores in your area and if they are in stock. Since ordering online is the only way to get them, calling and asking about stock probably won't accomplish as much as just waiting until Friday morning. I know it's hard, though. We all just want to get a pack in our area!

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but the Sanrio cards were up for preorder on Amazon in Australia here.

Apparently they already seem to be out of stock. 😞

Back