• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

ACNH unpopular opinions?

I would say this is still one of the easiest things to fix. I would suggest playing with the sound off, while listening to music you enjoy. Maybe you could create an "animal crossing playlist" (not necessarily comprised of AC songs) to listen while you play NH? I'll tell you, I've been playing Stardew Valley recently, and even though I like it's soundtrack, I enjoy it a lot more when I'm listening to Home or Black Marble.

I'll try that. :) The reason I haven't is because I like to hear my feet on the ground and the sounds of the weather, etc. The ambient sounds are a huge factor of my enjoyment of games like AC and Stardew Valley actually. But Stardew has the option to alter the music volume / ambient sounds volume and that is something I appreciate. Why can't AC have this feature :cry:

-I hate all of the octopuses.
-Coco is pretty bad villager-wise; she's boring, never has anything useful or constructive to say, and I know nothing about her, yet I got her months ago and talked to her multiple times each day. You'd think I'd learn something new about her but nope.
-[*Some of*] the gorillas are really ugly.
-The wolves are really ugly.
-Audie is overrated.
-Raymond is overrated.
-Marshal is the only smug villager that I actually kinda enjoy.
-Terraforming is dry, uninteresting, and lackluster.
-The whole "building your island" mechanic is too free-reign and I feel like a lot of new players are daunted by how much space you're given to cover and how little material is available to do it.
-Trading is the only real way to actually progress in this game, which is really sad.
-Lolly is best girl.
- Merry is cute but overhyped.

And that's it! Thanks for reading! (This is all my opinion, you're allowed to not like it but just know that I don't care because it's my opinion, not yours.)
Edit: CONGRATULATIONS! Due to some bonding with Boone, I can say that not all of the gorilla villagers are bad. The rest of them can fk off.

Last edited:
Here I go lol
- Terraforming isn't really fun as it stresses me out
-Not a fan of Raymond
-I hate how I get to pick where their houses go
-Ruby is the best rabbit villager and I feel like she's overlooked for the rest like Coco and Chrissy
-I don't like the characters who portray like children (like Hornsby)
-I honestly don't like how I didn't even have to talk to sable that much to get her to trust me unlike other games
-I think Isabelle is overrated and digby is the superior sibling depsite the fact I still like her lol
-I wish Blanca made a come back their my favorite NPC and their not as scary as everyone makes them out to be
-Tom nook isn't a crook like I've been seeing a lot of new AC players say
I probably would have more but I'm tired </3

I don't like having a lot of flowers compared to the old games, it gets overwhelming in acnh when you have to spend few hours digging flowers, selling them and dealing with broken shovels

SAME. my island is overrun with flowers because i’m just too lazy to begin getting rid of them all; it’s so tedious. i wouldn’t mind having to do it as much if shovels didn’t break, since having to craft/buy a new one every 100 flowers or so is so irritating and makes it take longer to do. i really wish we had unbreakable tools in this game, or that there was a way to get rid of flowers in mass quantities. 😔

I don’t like the bubblegum accessory. It just looks weird when your character is walking around with a bubble coming out of their mouth. That’s not how bubblegum works and it’s weird when you’re talking to other villagers and I can imagine the person sounding like they are speaking with a mouth full of food. It’s kinda gross, but I see it used a lot. I don’t know if it’s just for pictures or if their players “wear” it constantly, but that doesn’t change my opinion that it’s weird. Same with the pacifier, but that’s a whole different story.

I don’t get all the Niko hype. He’s not that cute to me. If he were a villager, he’d be more popular than Raymond, Shino, and Sasha combined.
I think he is pretty cute. He looks pretty fuzzy for a monkey though. He kinda reminds me of whatever these are called. And I think they are cute. And hats are always fun on villagers.

Attachments

• gizmo_gremlins_silo.png
    gizmo_gremlins_silo.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 6
My unpopular opinion is that I don't like cluttered islands. I appreciate how they look in photos, but once I tried visiting a couple islands that were cluttered.. my view did a complete 360. The lag was so unbearable, I didn't even bother checking out their island. =/

I think this too! I miss the older snooty personality- maybe not the one where they insult you, but the New Leaf one where they’d get mad and stuff and be all gossipy. I always knew when a villager was thinking of moving after talking to Diana a few times. The conversations were also much more interesting. Now snooties are just normals but with a bit of “vanity” thrown in 🤷🏻‍♀️

My unpopular opinion, although maybe not:

I hate using “-core” to describe themes. It bothers me to no end. Maybe I’m just too old.
Even outside of Animal Crossing I really don't like describing things as "core" feels too forced to me. I can understand it in a, trying to find something really specific kind of way, but, it usually takes the most basic forms of the thing and seems very dumbed down. Kinda loses it's uniqueness to me because it just feels like it's trying to be something without actually being that way naturally

I'll try that. :) The reason I haven't is because I like to hear my feet on the ground and the sounds of the weather, etc. The ambient sounds are a huge factor of my enjoyment of games like AC and Stardew Valley actually. But Stardew has the option to alter the music volume / ambient sounds volume and that is something I appreciate. Why can't AC have this feature :cry:
omg im like that too! i shut off the music in every game that i play just in case somebody is sneaking up on me *gears of war, cod etc etc*. natural ambiance is important! and the music that you cant shut off drives me bonkers too lol

My unpopular opinion is that I don't like cluttered islands. I appreciate how they look in photos, but once I tried visiting a couple islands that were cluttered.. my view did a complete 360. The lag was so unbearable, I didn't even bother checking out their island. =/
I agree, idk if its because my switch is old but its super hard going to a really cluttered island and having my frames chug so bad I cant enjoy it.

I agree, idk if its because my switch is old but its super hard going to a really cluttered island and having my frames chug so bad I cant enjoy it.
Honestly I think it's just the amount of items that make it incredibly difficult. I may be wrong though!
But it made me physically nauseous at the lag. xD
I'll stick to enjoying the clutter on still photographs lol

Honestly I think it's just the amount of items that make it incredibly difficult. I may be wrong though!
But it made me physically nauseous at the lag. xD
I'll stick to enjoying the clutter on still photographs lol
I am very disappointed that Nintendo did not do a lot more optimization while working on 2.0. I still get occasional lag during weather or certain plaza events that I have no control over, and I try to keep my island relatively uncluttered. I know the new crops are going to add a lot of issues going forward (anything with the slightest animation does).

I am very disappointed that Nintendo did not do a lot more optimization while working on 2.0. I still get occasional lag during weather or certain plaza events that I have no control over, and I try to keep my island relatively uncluttered. I know the new crops are going to add a lot of issues going forward (anything with the slightest animation does).
Oh my gosh, that's unfortunate! I haven't heard of lag during weather / events. ):
Maybe there's still the chance that it's something they'll address/patch in the future? Not sure what we can really look forward to moving forward in terms of patches (Not saying that in a negative way)

Designing houses isn't that fun, it's actually kinda stressful and despite HHP being objectively a very well-made DLC that I like, I don't know how people finished it and got to the credits already after only 3 days. I can only decorate two houses before I feel drained and have to put it down. I wish I could find the joy and relaxation others find when they play and decorate like 12 houses like everyone else :/

I'm probably going to get maimed for this but

The islands with the less known and less popular villagers are the best ones. But hey, my opinion. Every time I'm randomly dream teleported to an island that has Raymond or Marshal on it, I actually roll my eyes.

Nothing against the villagers, don't get me wrong, but just like the Patriots in the Super Bowl, it's gets fatiguing seeing the same things over and over and over again, especially in multiple places.

I wish the way you design an island in ACNH is the same as HHP. I don't like the 'traditional' way. It's far too tedious and just makes me not wanna design my island.

Back