📋ACNH- Suggestion Box

- more frequent events would be great! even if they're small ones i just love events of any kind.
- a shopping cart option at able sisters TT i absolutely hate having to buy one outfit at a time and go back into the booth ad infinitum. just let me buy it all at once 😭
- bring brewster back! i want a cute cafe on my island <3
- more furniture variety! the regal set, the roccoco set... there's just a ton of old sets i really miss. even if we didn't get those specifically, perhaps some new ones inspired by those would be awesome! and just more new furniture in general would be awesome.
- the ability to texture elements on pro designs would be so cool! like if you could make parts shiny like metal or textured like wool, etc
- this would be a big one... but more villager slots would be really cool!! maybe up it to 15 or something. hell, even if it cost some bells at the construction counter i'd love that!!
- this would be another big one but the ability to terraform the beaches would be cool - like remove some of the dirt to make the beach itself wider, or extend them slightly further into the water. i'd love that so much!!
- on that note: the ability to terraform the big rocks!!

Hey hey hey!

I made a thread like this on the acnl board a while back, and on the acnh board when it was still not even announced. What would you like to see in future updates? Since New Horizons will have A LOT of new content (judging by the most recent update), I thought it was the perfect time to revive the idea. Don't get me wrong, ACNH is the best game in the series, but a few new additions could really make it perfect!

For me personally, I would like Re-tail back. It was my favorite feature in New Leaf! Reese would buy/sell you DIY's, and Cyrus could customize furniture further. For example, maybe Cyrus could customize Nook Mile Rewards (since getting the variants are sooooo difficult). Other than that, Re-tail would stay the same. I'd also like some more new and returning villagers (kinda like how they did Filly and Holden in acnl).

The ability to rename the island would be amazing! It's always a slog to pick up a save file with a terrible name from 3 years ago. Maybe a change could only happen every 1 or 2 months, and require a 200,000 Bell fee. I find it especially weird you can't change your name, but you can change your gender on the fly. I was bummed when I named my island 'Sunburst Island', and later found out that they didn't refer to it as an island.

A few other features I'd like would be berry bushes, perfect fruit, deep sea diving, more fruits like bananas and avocados (yes, they do grow on trees. I Googled it!)

Anyways, what are some of your cool ideas? I'd like to find out what everyone's suggestions are. Have a great day!
The game is becoming boring and very repetitive. My suggestion would be, u can buy all these games from the nook shop, ex. arcade games; pool table; basketball hoop; etc. So why don’t they let us use it against other villagers and visitors on your island. Truly I think it can really enhance people from becoming bored on the island. Besides upgraded the visual of the island, I’m pretty tapped out with this game if they don’t start giving me more options or reasons to play. It’s becoming very boring.

I would like the option for villagers setting up playdates to visit you or for you to visit them. In previous games, they’d ask if they could come over and ask what time would work for you. I thought this was a nice feature.

I also miss the flea markets. I liked buying things from my villagers and selling things to my villagers.

I also forgot to add this. Bring back Booker and Copper. I’d love to have a police station on my island. Booker is amazing.

I have no idea why these two features were removed.

Last edited:
- ADD MORE FURNITURE! Seriously, the updates have been getting less frequent and there is really not much added each time.
- More events. So far 2021's events (post March) have been basically the same as last year's, just with adding a few items. I understand that the previous games did not change events from year to year. This is really only a problem because ACNH as a default felt like it didn't have enough item variety.
- Make the limited time Nook Shopping event orderables show up in the catalog somehow. I don't know why they couldn't show us as unorderable most of the year, but show up as orderable for the dates that they are part of the event. A lot of us use the catalog for tracking our collections in-game, so having them not be there is very irritating.

I'd really love some quality of life upgrades as well as adding new buildings and NPCs, but those things above are what I'd really like to see the most.

My suggestions outside of returning old features from new leaf
- let villagers be able to use things like the teacup ride and pool. Cute animations like in pocket camp
- let us flatten our island in the click of a button. It's so tiring doing it manually I just reset instead but I lose all diys, items and accomplishments.
- let us upgrade the island designer app to a include a sandbox mode. It would be like island designer+ where we can terraform faster and a wider range instead of tile by tile.
- let us play the instruments the way we want to. Like in the mmo ffxiv an interface would come up where you can arrange specific notes and play actual songs. It would be cool and really add something to multiplayer

Well I have lots but here are my suggestions that seem more likely to happen:
-Adding more furniture. Especially if old sets come back like the sloppy set or the lovely set.
-Increase the villager interactions. It would be nice if they could clap when you play an instrument or if they could interact with things like a pool like in pocket camp.
-Add the rest of the missing npcs. Sure some of them had their jobs replaced, but some didn't even get a replacement like copper and booker. Sure, there's a recycling bin in the town hall now, but I want copper telling me that suspicious ship has showed up on my private beach.
-Fixing the rng so it doesn't force you to trade for the color you want. I understand it's to give the play a reason to get switch online, but what about people who can't afford it? Plus the rng in the campsite is even worse because it takes forever to invite the villager, plus in the end they try to kick out a villager you like.

A shopping cart in Able's Sisters
Put the description of creatures in the museum back on a plaque so you can read about them whenever you want instead of having to listen to Blathers
More villager dialogue
Bring back mini games like Hide n Seek
Brewster's Cafe
I prefer the events like they were in New Leaf, especially Spooky Day and Toy Day where there were actually things to look forward to. In this game, I hate to say it, but the event are severely lacking compared to new leaf (my opinion)
Like someone else said, the inviting villagers from campsite is way too tedious and a game of luck and RNG shouldn't be the determining factor. And you should be allowed to choose which villager moves out instead of it being RNG which more often times it picks a villager you DON'T want to move.

These are the things I want

Last edited:
I need somewhere else to visit. Random uninteresting islands aren’t cutting it. There’s a ton of missing characters and content when compared to NL. They need to bridge the gap. Lyle needs to come over on a boat and judge my house. Kappn needs to bring his boat over and take me to a good time somewhere else. I love what NH has, it just doesn’t have enough.

I would love for Isabelle to give me useful news every day. I'd love to know when NPCs are wandering around (Flick, CJ, Saharah), or for her to make comments like "Someone mysterious has washed up on the shore", "Leif/Kicks is here today!", or something about shady deals on the back shore. I'd like to know when Celeste is coming - she comes even when there's no announced meteor shower. All we have for Isabelle is the monthly announcements (like new crafting items available - acorns, pinecones, cherry blossom petals, ornaments, maple leaves) and "I found the sock I lost behind the dryer"/"I got to video chat with my parents back home"/"did anyone tune into that show last night", etc. I want her to be more useful. I love her, but she's not helpful.

In addition, as I'm certain others have said, I want bulk crafting and higher bulk purchases. If I want to buy hundreds of customization kits, I would like to be able to purchase more than five at a time (ex. "10 for 6000 bells"). The same goes for buying things from Leif.

I would also love for the Creepy series to be added to the game, in addition to the Spooky series. I'd like to just place a pile of bones in a random spot or have more options for my graveyard.

I don't understand why I can't place Nook Shopping purchases when my gate is open. I want to keep my gate open and be able to do these things.

I want to be able to center the shell fountain and other items that take up the same area.

I want to be able to close my gate using my Nook Phone or have the option to close it when I start up island designer or when I lie down on a bed to update my dream.

I would like them to add Katrina to the game at some point. I know Brewster is coming, as he's been datamined since the beginning, but no sign of Katrina. I would like Kapp'n (and his family - wife, daughter, mother) and Tortimer, but like Katrina, there's no sign of them in the datamining other than their photos or posters.

As others have said, I'd love for hide and seek to return as well as villagers visiting my house.

That would be all.

Another thing I would like is for them to get rid to get rid of color locking. It's a sneaky and cheap way to force people to sign up for their NSO service.

I would like if you can turn off the automatic smoothing when making patterns/designs. I still like to make patterns but sometimes when it smooths it, the patterns look a bit off :( maybe you could switch it on or off per design.

I need somewhere else to visit. Random uninteresting islands aren’t cutting it. There’s a ton of missing characters and content when compared to NL. They need to bridge the gap. Lyle needs to come over on a boat and judge my house. Kappn needs to bring his boat over and take me to a good time somewhere else. I love what NH has, it just doesn’t have enough.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the game. I like it.... but I don't love it :)

Suggestions:
  • ADD. MORE. FURNITURE. Maybe introduce 5 new sets, or bring back a few fan faves from the past games: rococo, alpine, gorgeous.
  • If you're not going to have Gracie, at least have her niece/daughter/granddaughter take over, if you want the game to have younger NPCs.
  • Some cool and interesting features: (1) like the empty museum rooms on the 2nd floor of the museum with Celeste in NL. (2) Or like the kappn island. (3) harvey's camp. Get creative with how you add people, features, and fun stuff in, like you did in New Leaf

Mystery islands should include all hemispheres, not only the hemisphere you chose. Also I think that you should be able to turn off the background music. It’s get a little bit annoying when your trying to listen for balloons or bugs or when your trying to fish. It really sucks when your trying to listen but you can’t hear anything but the background music. Add new shops. Make Isabelle a bit more useful (tell us about visits from different characters) because right she doesn’t really do anything but talk about her tv habits. More accessories, furniture and DIYS.

Last edited:
I just want pocket camp items so bad all the furniture and the cute decorative items are so impressive and nice. I also like the clothes and accessories they have for players. I want something like that in New Horizons

Mystery islands should include all hemispheres, not only the hemisphere you chose.
Yes, this would be amazing. It would make purchasing the ticket so much more worth it. Finding new bugs, fish, plants and fossils. Just a little variety!

More furniture

Put items on stump

WHY CANT WE SIT ON STONES ANYMORE???

More furniture
Post automatically merged:

me when i'm dreaming

tbh though it feels too good to be true because if that even happens it won't be a wave 2 thing. that thing is for welcome amiibo re-release type of update 😩
I would be so mad if theres an update and we literally need to pay so much for it. I literally need to beg everyday to get my own switch and acnh, even tried shady ways like using emulators lol

An idea for inviting villagers:

When a villager has lived on your island or when you meet a villager on a mystery island, their contact information could go your Nook Phone. You would then be able to use your phone and invite them to the campsite anytime.

I would like some pretty fairy/butterfly wings that flutter while I frolic in the meadow. 🦋

Back