• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

THE SUNSETS AND ATMOSPHERE AFTER 6PM UGH IT HITS ME EVERY TIME

The level of customisation is limitless, in new leaf I tried to work towards a perfect town layout and then after that I felt like it was ‘done’, but with this game I can change up my town completely and repeatedly have ‘finished’ towns, this will keep me content for YEARS

Every character/villager/npc is actually ‘doing something’, I didn’t realise how much I would appreciate all the new lil animations and items they have but ITS SO CUTE AAAAA, it also gives them so much more life and personality

EVERYTHING has physics, the way items can react outside to weather is so cool and immersive and that level of detail is just amazing

T-shirt dresses, my newfound love - as well as all the other clothing styles

I just love everything really

There are so, so, so many things I love about this game! Of course there are things I don't (or rather, things I miss), but they went a huge step forward with this instalment!

Namely, and I'll probably forget many:
– All the details that were added to the villagers' behaviour. The fact they interact with the environment, they decide to sing, naruto run, do aerobics, exercise, do yoga, sweep, drink beverages, eat lollipops, sit, etc. Each time I enter the Resident Services building I'm looking forward to seeing Tom Nook and Isabelle do yet another cute thing ^^
– All the details that were added to the furniture, each piece of furniture is wonderful to look at ; the free camera in the house is awesome.
– All the details that were added to the clothing, I mean I never cared about clothing in Animal Crossing because it always looked kinda meh to me, and now it's amazing, I spend a few thousands or tens of thousands bells daily at Able Sister's and I change daily! I never know what to wear! Female clothing looks often quite nice on male characters by the way ;)
– The wonderful graphics of the game, whether it be the sea, the sky, the trees, the grass, the flowers, the buildings, the characters, the museum omg, everything really. The colours are wonderful, maybe they overdid it with the sunset but that's probably my own taste. The shadows moving with the sun and moon... it all comes down to those details again
– Now gameplay-wise: the omg terraforming tool, the omg outside furniture, the omg paths, the omg fencing, the omg choice of where the villagers live and the omg possibility to change it anyway along with other buildings, all the freedom we have ever asked for is there and it is simply amazing how much we can do!
– With all those things we can do come all those things to do, and I spend hours everyday and still can't get bored and I always have so much to do!

I am so pleased with this game, I'll stop here but really it is amazing! Its flaws are, to me, largely overcome by the amount of work that was put in making a game that added long-desired features in a jaw-dropping graphic performance.

I'm not too big on crafting, but collecting all the cherry-blossom DIY recipes has been fun. Knowing they're seasonal items was motivational, and I'm looking forward to the other seasons now.

1. The music is astounding, every track I've heard so far is my favorite lol.
  2. The museum is a huge leap forward from every other iteration, the fossils especially. The dinos are finally more to scale!
  3. The new fruit models look much better.
  4. The new furniture is much more natural looking, a big plus to me personally.
  5. The villagers can wear hats.

The furniture detail in this game is AMAZING they 100% put a lot of love and care into every piece

Sometimes in town square one of my animals will sing and two others will come and sit down to listen to them!

Plants move when fans blow against them...nuff said

For those who don't know, if you want to hear the villagers singing something other than that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star-ish default song, you can put any stereo furniture outside. They will sing along to whatever's playing. You don't have to have it anywhere near them. It just needs to be outside somewhere. It's so cute! I love it!

In general, I love how the villagers feel more real in this game. They have tons of different animations, I see them talking to each other more than they did in NL, they change their outfits a lot more, etc. It makes me like them even more.

I'm super impressed with the huge investment they have put into the villagers personalities.

I love when
  • Tangy sings.
  • Villagers are trying to catch bugs or inspecting things.
  • Rowan is waltzing around with a doughnut in his hands hahaa
The massively improved graphics especially on the bugs and fish 😮

1) Accessories. On. Villagers.

2) Music is more nuanced and layered sounding than it has been in a long time.

3) New flower varieties (hyacinths!!!) are very welcome.

4) Dialogue has greater variety and personality types have been tweaked for the better.

5) Outdoor furniture and in-game pathing options that fit well with the original aesthetic.

6) Unparalleled customization of character and locations.

7) Villagers look cuter than ever.

8) Purses, satchels and backpacks!

Thought of a couple more:

When a jock (in my case, Axel) is lifting weights, they do reps of 10-12 and the last lift is visibly a struggle, then they let out a huge breath and take a rest before the next set. If you've ever done reps/sets its a little realistic touch that made me laugh the first time i saw it.

If you have a sandcastle on display, the little flag waves in the wind.

Also thank you everyone else for sharing. Not only is this thread helping me realise that as many people love this game as are complaining about it, but I'm learning things that I haven't seen yet and I'm looking forward to seeing them in my game.

I love that they can use accessories! I accidentally clicked the wrong one and now Paolo has been walking around like this:
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 3.36.27 PM.png

Thought of a couple more:

When a jock (in my case, Axel) is lifting weights, they do reps of 10-12 and the last lift is visibly a struggle, then they let out a huge breath and take a rest before the next set. If you've ever done reps/sets its a little realistic touch that made me laugh the first time i saw it.

If you have a sandcastle on display, the little flag waves in the wind.

Also thank you everyone else for sharing. Not only is this thread helping me realise that as many people love this game as are complaining about it, but I'm learning things that I haven't seen yet and I'm looking forward to seeing them in my game.
Absolutely, I was getting a little sad at seeing so many people complain about the game. I'm enjoying reading through all the things that even I haven't discovered yet and it makes me even more excited to hop back on my switch and load up my island.

It's certainly the little things that completely make my day when playing.

-5pm is my jam!
-Get to decide where your villagers live now!
-Way more freedom in your town than before! You can even landscape!!
-Collecting spirit for Wisp like in the first game is cool (wish I didn't have to scare him to literal pieces every time I speak to him though! D: )
-Graphics are SO detailed! I love it!
-Inside of Museum looks AMAZING
-Flick is best character imo
-8 players at once are fun!
-Can sync texts with phone (still need to figure out how to do that though)
-CLOAKS! More options with your shirt/dress designs but cloaks are what I wanted most so now I can dress as an akatsuki without revealing no pants or changing run animation :)
-I am confident we will see more content added to this game in the future!

I 👏 LOVE 👏 EVERYTHING 👏 ABOUT 👏 THIS 👏 GAME!!

Well, 99% of it at least. I never felt this engaged since I got Wild World 15 years ago. New Leaf was a great game but it never managed to suck me in in that same way. It was a good game, but it didn't feel magical to me anymore.

But ladies and gents, I can safely say that the magic is back, and I'm loving every minute of it!

• I love how Isabelle tells me something not important every morning. It's cute.
  • I love how terraforming works
  • I like how it takes a longer time to do tasks even though I'm ready to rearrange my entire island

Back