ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

I just wanna put out there that cookie is in my town now and I couldn't be happier. All I need is pierce to fulfill my life long dreams. They made the villagers so much better in NH!

There are so many quality of life changes that make the game incredibly smooth, but most of what blows me away are the visuals and details therein. Sunsets, the breeze, the fidelity and depth of everything, as mentioned a lot the museum, it goes on and on. The islanders and your own character are much more detailed and smooth, and the updated outfits for a bunch of villagers look great. Combined with the lighting and music, the game feels so immersive and far less stressful than the current day-to-day news.

I love how much life our villagers have been given. Singing songs, they acknowledge eachother in passing, have deeper conversation, they're playful and just so much cuter than ever before and all got a major glam up! I am so in love with this game right now.

A small thing that really does wonders is how much easier it is to type with the Nintendo Switch Online app! Waiting forever to message back and forth in New Leaf was tiring enough, nevertheless just doing it with two analog sitcks if your console is docked.

Just another small thing but I really like how all the fake songs in NL are now their own songs in NH. It’s even better is that you can have the title theme of City Folk from KK Slider. I wish we could get the new fake songs in NH as official tracks in later updates.

i love this thread; it's so needed right now!
a few things i love...
  • i love all the fun things villagers do, it makes walking around the island so much more fun
  • i do like all the new walls and floors, i think they're so easy to pair and they aren't just for one specific theme/set. there's a lot you can do w/ them!
  • i rlly love flick, he's so cute! (love how he says ok bye.)
  • i really do like the ost! it's different, but a good different.

*The Atlas Moth creation by Flick is very large and beautiful and makes a stunning lawn ornament.
*The balloons are especially exciting to shoot down; I like that they often contain 5,000 or 10,000 bells!
*I'm happy for the option to give our islanders gifts in person. It's fun to craft cool stuff from shells, cans, bamboo, cherry blossoms, etc.

• The little villager animations that make them so much more interesting - sitting under trees, freezing at scorpions/tarantulas, eating, reading.
  • Villager fights!!!! and cute moments when they talk to each other. Seems to be a lot more frequent in NH than NL.
  • The insane diversity of patterns that the fanbase has made.
  • New villagers all have pretty unique designs which is exciting!

I love the way DIY recipes make sense. I just got a library wall and you need 10 books to craft it. Which totally makes sense because libraries have lots of books in them!

Someone else said this but with KK Slider visiting today I realized this for myself too - I LOVE how he just sets up a bunch of stools and plays in front of the town hall! It feels so natural and is super charming. I hated Club LOL in New Leaf, it just didn't feel like Animal Crossing to me. Glad to see KK back to his GameCube roots.

guess what i love Raymond muahahah

srsly tho, i rlly like when my villagers have the zoomies and run around, it's the cutest thing ever. i LOVE the mum items in the game, i LOVE the flowers, i LOVE being able to change my layout, i LOVE playing with my friends and sending them letters. this is the best game 🌷💛

I love that they finally added more skin tones and hairstyles with better representation in one of the main games. I like the wallpaper and flooring options way more than any of the previous games. We can finally give gifts to our villagers spontaneously without only having the option of mailing them gifts! I love the new clothes and the color variations. I love how (just like in previous games) Sable warms up to you if you keep talking to her every day. I love that Wisp is back in an actual role (the amiibo thing didn't count for me tbh). So many things about this game are so great to me already and I'm excited to see how things change with future updates :)

I had a magical moment with KK Slider playing as the sun was setting and cherry blossom petals swirling around while my town flag was flapping in the light breeze. It was amazing! I love that he just sits down and sings songs throughout the day and then sings more during the request a song time.

i rarely get to play around 5:30-6ish, but the golden light is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. it's a treat every time i am on and get to see how gorgeous it is just before night time. i also love how much effort they have clearly put into graphics, and how cool the shadows look. the tree shadows! the player character's shadow and how you can see what accessories you're wearing! the furniture shadows inside your house and how they look under the light from the window!

the villager animations are also SO CUTE. the naruto running with their little ears flapping and smiley faces, especially when there are a few of them running around together. i'll never be over it.

My heart every time I talk to Isabelle about anything in the town hall and she does the little Oh! side look, it really keeps me going. The smol sandwiches that villagers eat are such a bonus. K.K. is just out here jamming in front of the town hall and I couldn't be happier! Club L.O.L was a bit small and dingy, so I'm glad K.K. could be outside!

Back