White Rose
Shadow Kitty Plush
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Father's Day Carnation
White Pansy
Red Lily
White Cosmos
Red Rose
I recently heard about this challenge which many NH streamers on YouTube have been doing. I believe NintenTalk has come up with the very strict ruleset which I won't elaborate on here. There are very good guides for it on YouTube. Is anyone here doing it and if so, are you enjoying it? I personally wouldn't do it since I'm so OCD about the way I play. However, I know others may find it pretty fun and breathing new life into their game.

I’m playing it on one of my islands. It’s fun but it’s not that hard. But then I don’t tt, go to treasure islands and I like to get villager photos.

This is a neat idea! It's basically nuzlock challenge in Pokemon. Not my thing but it's a fun option for people.

Watched the Youtube video and some things are good. Selling only fish/bugs to C.J or Flick is too easy and you'll make more bells. With the update those NPC show up once a week and you'll get 150%.

I think it’s an interesting idea especially for those that are thinking of restarting. I recently restarted my second island so no plans to restart it again, I think I will just play my own version of hard mode. Though I will only let a villager go after I get their photo. I do want to try making all my custom designs. As far as the campsite villager they always take to long to invite them.

It's interesting if you're thinking of restarting but there's too many rules for me. Four 3X3 plots for crops only? One 3X3 set of fruit to sell? Only wear clothes you design? You've lost me at that point. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but for me it feels too restricting. (also, what if you don't have/can't afford online? The market thing is basically punishing you for not having it.)

It's interesting if you're thinking of restarting but there's too many rules for me. Four 3X3 plots for crops only? One 3X3 set of fruit to sell? Only wear clothes you design? You've lost me at that point. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but for me it feels too restricting. (also, what if you don't have/can't afford online? The market thing is basically punishing you for not having it.)
Same. I could never. I like Animal Crossing because you aren’t restricted.

This is pretty interesting, but I wouldn’t want to do it. It’s too hard core for me and it takes the enjoyment out of the game. I also suck at designing clothes, so that’s definitely one rule that would cancel me out. X.X

I think it gives others a purpose to play and it might be fun for them. For me it would not be. I like bringing in specific characters, I like having complete control of designing my town. I like to not have any restrictions at all. So for me, if I had to stick to certain things in a certain way, I probably would not play.

I totally get the reservation about it and definitely agree about the design element. It will help me get better creatively that way.
I am fortunate to have Nintendo Online so the community aspect works and is what I first enjoyed in the game. So it mutes this point if you’re doing it on an island (pardon the pun). That’s already hard mode enough.

For me, it has injected some excitement back into the game as we wait for the new one.

I’m doing the challenge but trying a harder twist on it in extreme Mode.
I’m NOT TimeTravelling (that’s how I always played it on switches that weee parental locked). I’m crafting ALL learnt recipes to maintain Extreme status. And I’m also going to breed ALL hybrids. aGAIN! For the 4th time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently heard about this challenge which many NH streamers on YouTube have been doing. I believe NintenTalk has come up with the very strict ruleset which I won't elaborate on here. There are very good guides for it on YouTube. Is anyone here doing it and if so, are you enjoying it? I personally wouldn't do it since I'm so OCD about the way I play. However, I know others may find it pretty fun and breathing new life into their game.
I want to do it but i only have one switch and just reset myvisland lol

i already do some of those things, such as participating in group stretching once a day (though i’ll be stopping once i complete the nook mile achievement lol) and not utilizing nookazon or treasure islands, but i won’t be participating in this challenge. having to restart my game alone is a dealbreaker for me since i like my island and all the things i’ve done and accomplished in the last 3 years, and i have no plans to restart ever. and even if i did, quite a few of those rules would feel much too restrictive for me and would prevent me from enjoying the game, such as only being able to wear clothes that i designed. i don’t enjoy creating my own custom designs as i’m honestly not very good at it, and being limited to my own designs (that i’d get frustrated making and probably wouldn’t like anyways) doesn’t sound fun lol.

this challenge might be fun for those restarting and/or looking to play in a new way, but for me it feels too restrictive to be fun. i’d rather just play my way, without any rules.

It’s not that bad. I started last night and so far, it’s not bad. I mean I have to Wait for CJ now but…. Lol

Yeah, I started it yesterday then got bored and had to keep looking at the rules so I'm going to not continue this challenge. It's a good idea because I think the main purpose was to renew people's interest in the game, and it worked for some people but if your interest in the game never left then this challenge can be a bit stifling.

Yeah, I started it yesterday then got bored and had to keep looking at the rules so I'm going to not continue this challenge. It's a good idea because I think the main purpose was to renew people's interest in the game, and it worked for some people but if your interest in the game never left then this challenge can be a bit stifling.
Thats fair, I mean here's a bit of disclaimer. this is not something for everyone to try out. Everyone has their own way of playing the game and if its something that you want try out yourself then go ahead. If its not for you then don't try it. This is meant to be a fun challenge for those who want to make the game harder.

Me personally I would not try this out because I've restarted like 50 times last year (call me crazy) and I'm fine with both of my islands the way they are and I just think it would be too tiresome and repetitive to redo all over everything.

Looks like a lot of streamers have given up on hard mode already or will do so soon. It was fun to watch while it lasted. For those of you who are still doing this challenge, how long do you intend on playing it?

Back