Animal Crossing, Hard mode..?

I checked out some streams by NintenTalk, and the Discord, and he makes it clear you have to wear your custom designs only. The only exception to this rule are you are allowed to wear pants, hats, accessories (glasses, socks, shoes, etc)
Really?! Well that is just nuts. Hard mode definitely is not for me lol

Nuzlock for Pokemon always seemed odd to me, because I felt it was going against how the developers are marketing the game to be played (gotta catch them all).

But this Hard Mode for Animal Crossing feels a little less against the grain. Sounds like the Daily Rules just make sure you consistently take advantage of the game's features. And the Villager Rules will help you see more of the variety of villagers that are available in the game.
The no amiibo part would break me, though. Right now I'm doing a playthrough where I'm inviting all the villagers I have an amiibo of (about 80% of the villager pool) into my town to see what they're all like. So not using Amiibo would be the opposite of what my current play through's about.
I wouldn't be happy with the Design Rules either. I am truly horrendous at art. I would look so awful, all the time. I change my clothes every day or two, but I also love all the Able Sisters clothing.
The Economy Rules would definitely be what makes the play through really hard, I think. Those sound daunting.

I recently saw details about another challenge called rags to riches and some of the details are kind of interesting. Like it had like character classes to choose from? I think hard mode and rags to riches was written by the same person???
It made me want to come back here and ask if anyone has seen or written other challenges for ACNH?

I don’t know that I would do a hard mode in Animal Crossing. I like the features of New Horizons for what they are and I wouldn’t want to limit them.

I definitely wouldn't have the time to do hard mode. Some of the required tasks could take hours. I roughly work from 5 AM to 5 PM, and by the time 9 PM or so hits, I'm already wanting to go to sleep. I wouldn't mind doing it if I had nothing else to do, however.

Back