• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

It couldn't be IGN I just googled "Animal Crossing 3DS Release Date", went to IGN's Animal Crossing 3DS page, and saw the release date was still posted as TBA [To Be Announced]

Maybe it's Gamespot your thinking of? I don't know, because I didn't check there.

Ohh And Andd Anddd: Think of all the possibilites! Bee Keeper's Bee House things ---> Honey ----> ? And our houses look so different. I wonder if the inside will be any different? More similarities to wild world, perhaps?

Wouldn't it be cool if we could take that tent from the beginning of the new trailer, and go camp in our friend's town! I don't know, just like save there, turn your game on later, play in their town, save, NEXT DAY, play, go home? Idea in progress. haha

Gotta say look this really cool.

Really like what they've done with the Winter scene, the addition of those lamps covered with snow really adds to the cosy feel of winter :)

If that little brown box thing surrounded by flowers is, in fact, a bee keeper's hive, we will be collecting honey then, right? Any ideas what honey may be used for? Does this open up any new possibilities?

-Just Curious

That is a good idea. Lets get to thinking what honey might do? I was thinking (even before you brought up getting honey) that it would be nice if it was put a bit like The Sims, were if you ate too much candy/heart chocolate/drinks at Brewster's etc... You would gain weight and then you would have to walk around town to wear it off. Also if you didn't play for a while you would gain weight. But this idea doesn't sound like AC.. It would turn it into The Sims. So maybe it will be something like baking or something like that. I don't know. So excited though..

I added honey to the rumors section.

I have a feeling it might be treated just like fruit. Except, it would be some how cooler/more important I guess. I don't know. I hope they do something cool with it. Maybe we'll be able to make like fruit flavored honey by mixing a fruit with the jar. Or make different types depending on which flowers are placed around the bee hive. && They'd probably sell for around 1,000 bells per jar. Potential great money maker.

I have a feeling it might be treated just like fruit. Except, it would be some how cooler/more important I guess. I don't know. I hope they do something cool with it. Maybe we'll be able to make like fruit flavored honey by mixing a fruit with the jar. Or make different types depending on which flowers are placed around the bee hive. && They'd probably sell for around 1,000 bells per jar. Potential great money maker.
Can anyone confirm if there will be grass wear again?
It doesn't matter about any new and awesome features if they've not removed that one... o_O

Well, there were small patches of dirt in the trailer that was usually only barely visible at the edge of the screen. This could mean that "Animal Tracks" are back, but there is still no evidence that those dirt patches are paths or grass wear. They don't look like paths at all, actually. They look like the random, circle-shaped patches of dirt that I always planted a flower or a tree in the middle of from City Folk that were there from Day One.

Exhibit A: http://mimg.ugo.com/200811/7671/animalcrossing.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys already know this, But if you look to the left of this picture you see that there is an opening in the wall. Now I remember from AC:WW there were side rooms in your house so this looks like it could be one of them. so your house might be expandable like in WW. But I may be wrong. If so correct me.
http://nintendo3ds.davidturnbull.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Animal-Crossing-9.jpg

Yeah, because ACWW styled houses are back but I couldn't be bothered adding it.

I don't know if you guys already know this, But if you look to the left of this picture you see that there is an opening in the wall. Now I remember from AC:WW there were side rooms in your house so this looks like it could be one of them. so your house might be expandable like in WW. But I may be wrong. If so correct me.
http://nintendo3ds.davidturnbull.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Animal-Crossing-9.jpg

I love you. I can almost guarantee you're correct on that one. I've been wondering this for a while. I wonder if they will ad basements to that, and if they will only have one character per house. I also wonder how many characters per town, because of the whole mayor thing.

I'll put this here for now, but sometime in the near future I will be updating with furniture, clothing etc...

If you look at the first picture, you can see that there is some stone path under the bench. This means that we can either place stone paths or the patterns returns and you can place outside furniture on them.

It'd be pretty sweet if you can go into caves, like in the movie, and search for treasure or mine for gold and silver OuO~

I don't know if any of you have noticed but in the old ACs, there were things like 'crabs' represented by shells.
So these sea animals could return and maybe that's what the shells are. :p

I don't know if any of you have noticed but in the old ACs, there were things like 'crabs' represented by shells.
So these sea animals could return and maybe that's what the shells are. :p

Whuuuuut... I have no recollection of these "crabs".

Back