AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Does anyone think that it will be set in the past? That could explain why Nook looks like his shop is in the city, the train is back, Kapp'n at his old job and the town looks a little more primitive.

If you notice in the trailer,there is a clock post and where the character is with Tom Nook,she stopped at a spot and talked to Nook,then there was a house on the exact same spot.So you can choose any spot in the town where you want your house to be.So I guess you live in a tent for a while until the house is ready or maybe when you pay for the house fully.And Tom Nook is wearing a Yellow shirt,which might mean another Nook expansion,or a new look.

If you notice in the trailer,there is a clock post and where the character is with Tom Nook,she stopped at a spot and talked to Nook,then there was a house on the exact same spot.So you can choose any spot in the town where you want your house to be.So I guess you live in a tent for a while until the house is ready or maybe when you pay for the house fully.And Tom Nook is wearing a Yellow shirt,which might mean another Nook expansion,or a new look.

yeah, if you translate it, nook asks if you want to build the house here, and the secretary dog says would you like to build the cafe here

yeah, somebody translated the trailer on Alliscrossing..

they came up with this:

"Okay my Japanese is a little rusty but here's basically what everybody said.

Nook: Yes. Yes. Would you like to build you're house here?

Lilly: Hey? Arre you the new village headman (Mayor)?
Nice to meet you. I'm Lily. Let's make this a fun village together.

Nibbles: Welcome! Gaston just came by to play (hang out).

Secretary (Yellow Dog): Yes, Mayor! Is this where you would like to build the Cafe?"

Lilly: Hey? Arre you the new village headman (Mayor)?
Nice to meet you. I'm Lily. Let's make this a fun village together.

That's the villager, right?

So this means that the lack of options when talking to animals is not actually confirmed? =D

yeah! :D all is looking amazing for this game! I'm so happy Nintendo have actually taken their time and made so many amazing things for it! :D

You don't need to get annoyed. It's just really annoying when every single noob member posts a thread saying "ZOMG I NO WEN ACFREEDS IZ GONNA B RELEAZZED!!!" and they don't, then they say "NO UR WONG, DA GUY @ GAMESTOPZZ TOLD MEH"

There never has been a release date, just wait until Nintendo releases one, problem solved.
However Nintendo have confirmed release dates before and sometimes in particular circumstances out of their control, they would have to delay the game further and make another speculated release date.

However Nintendo have confirmed release dates before and sometimes in particular circumstances out of their control, they would have to delay the game further and make another speculated release date.

I'd sure hope not in this case. People were eager to have it this fall but it turned out to be 2012.

Just thought I'd 'letcha know, that in the trailer when Nook is following the girl character around, he asks, "Is this where you want me to build your house?" So I guess it's official that you can have your house WHEREVER YOU WANT! Also he's sporting some new threads and in this concept art picture, you can see that he has a different store, that's way cool huh? I guess this replaces Nook's Cranny. images.jpg

Last edited:
If you look at this picture
actown.png

You can see the island in the lower right-hand corner. Looks like someone is returning. Guess you can post this as a rumor, not sure of the origin of the screenshot.

^^The picture comes from the aftershow of the conference. I can't speak for who the people were there (or even what was said) but it was official, and is on Nintendo's Japanese site with the AC:3DS pictures and trailer.

Another thing that should be pointed out is the fountain-like plaza on the bottom right hand corner of the town. Look closely at it. There is a tree in the center of it meaning that it most likely is the Wishing Well from GCN and before.

Maybe on summer nights,some villagers will make campfires like in the photo,it also looks like the lake might be back too.

I already added a point titles "Bonfires" to the rumors section

I just noticed that according to that map, the towns only have two levels; the beach and then the town. Huh, I was hoping for three layered towns. I'm still content with two though.

THANK GOD FOR YOUTUBE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csr9j248c1o this is the link to the 10 minute conference in which the developers discussed the games.
Thanks to YOUTUBE, using their captions option, you can now transcribe japanese subtitles, then choose for Youtube to translate them to English.

Yeah you're only problem is...

DO I LOOK JAPANESE TO YOU?!!!
Snapshot10.jpg

Back